BANGKOK 21 July 2019 02:34
thequietman

Why do they keep doing it ??

Posted (edited)

What hours did you agree to work in the contract?

Edited by stubuzz
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, stubuzz said:

That sums up Thai schools. Ask for overtime pay for weekend stuff, or don't do it.

I don't mind coming in for free as it doesn't happen a lot, but I have lessons already booked and paid for by private students. Some notice and I could have turned off my schedule and all this could be avoided.

They gave me 11 days notice and it seems they don't give a damn what I have planned that weekend.

2 minutes ago, stubuzz said:

Just say will go and don't turn up. Give a BS excuse; Thai style. Did you work for free in your home country?

Yep, colleagues are telling me to do this. I do have an hour or two free on Saturday and they suggested that I come in then. Let them see that I have tried and then leave again.

Is that an acceptable plan?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thequietman said:

Is that an acceptable plan?

Yes. But i wouldn't put yourself out.

4 minutes ago, thequietman said:

They will lose a teacher because they can't or won't listen. It's not like there are any other NES queuing up to work in this town, but still they persist.

I have been recruiting for a while and there are very few NES applying for the job. Other countries are offering much better deals with less BS.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, stubuzz said:

Yes. But i wouldn't put yourself out.

I have been recruiting for a while and there are very few NES applying for the job. Other countries are offering much better deals with less BS.

Been looking at China and UAE but stacks of paperwork with notaries and degrees and criminal checks having to be sent back home etc etc. It's a lot of hassle but it is better money.

if you are still recruiting, please PM me. Maybe you can find me a better gig. 🙂