One for the TM30 boys and girls.

I am currently awaiting approval for online TM30 reporting, but that isn't my question.

This is,  I will be going to Surat Thani for 2 day on the 25 and 26 of June, so will be TM30'd by the hotel. I then intend doing my Yearly extension of stay on the 27th. If my online reporting isn't approved before I do it, I shall do a TM30 report at CW before doing my extension.

Would I be expected to get a fine or would the fact I was in a hotel less than 24 hours previously would I get away with it ?

That a good one and just demonstrates how crazy. It will be up to io. Thinking you will be able to do your tm30 at CW on the day without the 800baht fine. Seems current rate at cw.

Edit. Why dont you do your extension bit later

Edited by DrJack54

54 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

How much lead time do you have for the extension?  Can you make two visits?

I could do I am doing it about a month early. But might as well kill two birds with one stone was my thinking.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

That a good one and just demonstrates how crazy. It will be up to io. Thinking you will be able to do your tm30 at CW on the day without the 800baht fine. Seems current rate at cw.

Edit. Why dont you do your extension bit later

That is what I am planning to do. If you mean later in the day !

Edited by berybert

1 minute ago, berybert said:

Interesting, because your in unusual situation. Did you consider mail option file as possessor and wait little longer for extension.

8 minutes ago, berybert said:

Nup. Meant later after you receive your tm30 return slip. However that takes time. My thinking is if you do it by mail it "should" be on their records. I posted in another thread re the inept process of Thai imm. Your thread is sensible...but who knows. Depends on io. 

TM30 was never required at CW, is now.. mixed reports re .. Go straight to this line for tm30 before extension ..

f..up situation.

NOTE: This is regarding Chiang Mai Immigration and TM30 when transferring stamps:
I made my TM30 quite a while ago in CM immigration, now just visited BKK to get another passport before doing renewal of my permission of stay (lived in a hotel I know made another TM30 for a fact), returned home, did not do another TM30, went today (a week or so later from returning from BKK) to transfer my existing stamps to the new passport, holding the prior TM30 receipt - no fines for that 5 day stay in Bangkok. Another person that was there for the same business, both in BKK and now here, never had made/received a TM30 receipt, had to go pay fines for not reporting.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jabis said:

NOTE: This is regarding Chiang Mai Immigration and TM30 when transferring stamps:
I made my TM30 quite a while ago in CM immigration, now just visited BKK to get another passport before doing renewal of my permission of stay (lived in a hotel I know made another TM30 for a fact), returned home, did not do another TM30, went today (a week or so later from returning from BKK) to transfer my existing stamps to the new passport, holding the prior TM30 receipt - no fines for that 5 day stay in Bangkok. Another person that was there for the same business, both in BKK and now here, never had made/received a TM30 receipt, had to go pay fines for not reporting.

And the OP is dealing with CW. Many thanks for heads up regarding CM

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

And the OP is dealing with CW. Many thanks for heads up regarding CM

I thought it's related and a hands on experience not from yester'years ????

EDIT: also the title of the post didn't have any specifics, just regarding TM30

Edited by jabis
Addendum

4 minutes ago, jabis said:

As everyone would be well aware.. Every imm location is VERY specific. In the past CW did not require anything to do with TM30. It seems now they do. With penalty.

There are many many people a bit "caught out" with this dealing with CW BANGKOK. Don't really need input from the sticks.

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

As everyone would be well aware.. Every imm location is VERY specific. In the past CW did not require anything to do with TM30. It seems now they do. With penalty.

There are many many people a bit "caught out" with this dealing with CW BANGKOK. Don't really need input from the sticks.

I'd still recommend to do the same as I did - go with the latest TM30 receipt for the place you primarily reside and hand it over if asked. If you don't have any, be prepared to be fined.

EDIT: I wouldn't say the second largest city of Thailand to be "the sticks" but to each their own :burp:

Edited by jabis
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jabis said:

EDIT: also the title of the post didn't have any specifics, just regarding TM30

Tip for future posts. The title often means sweet ...

If you actually read the OP you would notice the reference to CW imm office. That's most often good hint. 

38 minutes ago, jabis said:

I'd still recommend to do the same as I did - go with the latest TM30 receipt for the place you primarily reside and hand it over if asked. If you don't have any, be prepared to be fined.

EDIT: I wouldn't say the second largest city of Thailand to be "the sticks" but to each their own :burp:

You living here extensions?

Not my business but you sound very naive. Many folk here live in very various accommodation. Perhaps your hotel provides you with tm30 receipt. Many do not. But again CM has zip to do with CW. 

Did not read op?!

Edited by DrJack54

5 hours ago, berybert said:

I am currently awaiting approval for online TM30 reporting

Side question please, Is there an option to print the approval? If not, is there a web page that contains the approval details (name and visa number, for a screenshot..).

Thanks.

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

Is there an option to print the approval?

No. It's not an "approval" in the normal Imm sense, it's simply a record of a valid filing.

3 hours ago, LongTang said:

is there a web page that contains the approval details (name and visa number, for a screenshot..).

Yes. See pages 26 & 27 of the online user's guide, sample below). The mobile app (Sec38) probably offers similar record viewing?

For the OP, whose situation is somewhat unique, I would expect that since his record will show him in Surat Thani, and his TM7 will list his Bangkok address, that he will be required to file a TM30 before being granted an extension. That's just my guess. I'd bring the hotel bill, and show that when filing the TM30 in person at CW, if only to avoid the fine, as you will be self-reporting within 24 hours.

tm30online record.jpg

Edited by mtls2005
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, berybert said:

Last week I went to CW immigration and I met the officer to extend my stay (TM7) for one year as usual then the officer automatically directed me to desk "B" (TM30) to check if I was registered in the computer while she waited for my return.  My land lady has never used a computer so I was not registered.  I paid the 800 Bht fine, I went back to the same immigration officer with the receipt and simply continued the procedure to get the extention.  They also checked if I had the valid 90 days report in my passport which I had. 

This way I completed both TM7 and TM30 at the same time but I was 800 Bht poorer.  I expect next year to be the same.

14 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You living here extensions?

Not my business but you sound very naive. Many folk here live in very various accommodation. Perhaps your hotel provides you with tm30 receipt. Many do not. But again CM has zip to do with CW. 

Did not read op?!

Lol, go to private insults, by all means. The topic was TM30, and I specified how it was handled at immigration, other than CW, my post was relevant, while yours' were full of OT bickering. If you don't like my input please feel free to either a) skip reading if it's not relevant to you or b) use the ignore function and you don't have to see my posts any longer.

And meh, true, not your business at all, but yes Non-B w/extensions for several years already, and been thru many different provinces whilst so have quite an array of experiences from different immigration offices and their various practises. I also live in a house where landlord doesn't have a clue about required TM30's etc, so I had to figure them out myself, before it got to be an issue...

Now *I do know* what would've happened, if I were to transfer the stamps in CW, as they would've just used the hotel receipt, and I would've been on my merry way, but as the passport took few too many days to arrive from my country (even fast tracked), I had to have it sent to the honorary consulate "in the sticks" (lol, Chiang Mai) as you'd say.

What I did know also, as in my post said, that my housemaster didn't do another TM30 upon my arrival, as he had no clue how to do it, so I risked it and went with the old TM30 receipt I had from when I moved into my current house of residence. So whilst it might not have been informative to your supposed case, someone who's searching for TM30 information and has same circumstances as I had, might find my addition helpful (as someone apparently did already).

Since you're only looking for an argument resorting to name calling, stealing the OP's post, this will be my last post addressed to you.

Have a nice day.

• Like 2

If you leave your hotel on the 26th and go to CW on the 27th you should file a TM30 related to your return to Bangkok. It has nothing to do with your hotel reporting your stay at the hotel. You have to do a TM30 for your return to BKK. You shouldn’t have to pay a fine because you are filling within 24 hours. Filing a TM30 at CW for travel inside Thailand is still an open question but do it anyway. It can’t hurt. Then go do your extension if you still have time.

correction: If this is your first time filing a TM30 in BKK then you will probably pay an 800 baht fine. Otherwise you are within the 24 filing window.

Edited by Martyp

33 minutes ago, justin case said:

just a question... what if you are not a TV member.. TM30 was never spoken about in immigration or when you land at the airport...   why bother farangs while it is only the housemaster that is supposed to fill in this CRAP

But it is you the farang who is to fill out the TM28 form and submit it to immigration

There is always the chance that the hotel in Surat Thani will not register its guests at Immigration.

Despite the law, I reckon most smaller establishments still don't bother.

Or you could state you've forgotten your passport and see what happens. Will they refuse to let you check in? Who knows. Finally you could ask the hotel not to register you. I've done this recently on a two night stay and they have agreed.

But if you're staying at a bigger hotel with front desk staff that are under instructions then youd have to revert to the original plan.

2 hours ago, OJAS said:

So were you provided with a fresh TM30 receipt when you had your stamps transferred from your old to new passports?

Nope, cursory check the addresses and the IO just stapled the old receipt to my new PP, and I was done, the other person didn't have it, so was sent to the TM30 desk to pay the fine, at which point I was already done, and went on my way ????

Edited by jabis
Clarification, ME: not fined, but done :) Other person to desk to be fined.
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, justin case said:

just a question... what if you are not a TV member.. TM30 was never spoken about in immigration or when you land at the airport...   why bother farangs while it is only the housemaster that is supposed to fill in this CRAP

If you don't have to do a 90 day report and if you don't want to get some kind of extension from Immigration then you don't have to worry about the TM30. The vast majority of tourists stay in legitimate hotels that notify Immigration for you. However, even if it is the responsibility of the house owner or condo owner to submit TM30's each time you return to the residence it is the foreigner that suffers the consequence if it is not done. The foreigner will not get the extension and will be asked to pay the fine. You can ask the landlord to reimburse you for the fine. That is between you and the owner.