BANGKOK 21 July 2019 03:34
Scott

SURVEY: What would you do?

SURVEY: What would you do?  

218 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There was a recent incident in which a foreign visitor took 2,000 baht that was dropped by a Thai lady in the checkout line.   Hypothetically, if someone dropped 1,000 baht, which of the following best describes how you would deal with it?

Please feel free to leave a comment.

Topics:

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1105783-video-farang-thief-at-the-checkout-got-2000-baht-thai-shopper-tells-thaivisa/page/21/

https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1106282-exclusive-farang-checkout-thief-who-stole-2000-baht-from-thai-shopper-returns-the-money-hes-british/

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KMartinHandyman said:

I’d surely point it out or if nobody in the cue give it to the cashier, free investment in good karma.
Wife and I were riding the bike through rice country and I thought I spotted a bill in the road,,kept going but then stopped thinking I’m sure that was money and she laughed and said she saw it too but didn’t talk,,,we went back and sure enough ฿20!
Nobody to return it to so she took it home and put in her princess shrine for good luck.

in that  situation and for a relatively small amount that can not be  genuinely attributed to an individual who dropped it then  no issue.

This topic and the  questions asked relates to a scenario where an individual  denied  common decency.

The random find of 20 bht on a road has no comparison.

• Like 1

I cant imagine doing anything other than returning the money or handing it in to the cashier in the hope the person came back for it.

I believe I have known a few people that would pocket the money without a second thought,  but have also known many more people with integrity and respect for others who would go to great lengths to hand it back.

I am sure most people would return it one way or another. The poll seems to bear that out :smile:

• Like 2

I have seen the video. In that case, a definite telling the person that they dropped something. Another thing that came immediately to my mind, living in Thailand and having done some background reading ... stepping on the money with the King's likeness = lèse majesté offense.

I have found money before but it was small coins on the street or in parking lots with no one around.

• Like 1