U.S. veteran defends goal celebrations against Thailand

rooster59

16 hours ago, Puchaiyank said:

Do you think the other team would not have celebrated their goals...if they were capable of making one?

Much to do about nothing...losing team lost both face and arse at the same time...game over...get over it...move on to your next loss...

15 hours ago, Matzzon said:

There is absolutely nothing to appologize for here. They have their full right to celebrate their goals as they wish and see fit. This is probably a complaint originating from the poor confidence of the Thai team.

8 hours ago, Sonhia said:

Typical Thai fashion to find excuses. You were no good on the day! You lost Thailand its that Simple. Be professional. The other team were a much better side. Accept your defeat plus lose of face. If you can't accept defeat, then don't take part in competitions!

Thai people did not complain about that America happy too much.

Other farangs news said that. Thai don’t worry about that. Did not complain about that.

If I wrong can you tell me the Thai person complain about that? Who did?

congratulations USA! Play it very well. Very strong.

16 hours ago, rooster59 said:

After the game, Thai goalie Chor Charoenying thanked Lloyd for her compassion at the end. "Your words that you told me make me strong," she said on Twitter.

We complain? Or not?

I loathe watching football but I watched the highlights; obviously the 13 goals.

The girls seemed happy to congratulate their team mates for scoring a goal at a world cup.  Unless I watched the wrong game, I do not see any OTT celebrations here.  They also seemed to show empathy for the Thais after the game.

I played a different sport and was on the end of several unflattering scorelines, but we learnt, trained harder and got better.

Goal difference in this group could be important and maybe the coaches thought who could be the whipping girls here and it could decide who would finish top of the group as to who you could play in Knock out stages usually the 1st plays the 2nd of the other group, next game is Sweden v Thailand and Sweden look a strong team

17 hours ago, marcusarelus said:

Football knowledge?  Ties broken by total goals and that Thai team beat Cambodia 11 to 0 so it was karma that America also beat them by a large score.  The anti Americans will be anti American regardless so might as well rack up the goals.  

Please consider the somewhat "special" standing of the USA in the world bringing with it a rather negative image in various parts of the world.

This "win" certainly isn't bringing brownie points for the US in Thailand, points the US need.

The last part of your answer says it all, shows why the US get so many "antis", the lack of diplomacy in the US vs the world is shocking.

But I presume you are from the US, diplomacy, graciousness, are alien ideas to you.

And I am not anti American.

12 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Until some watch money finds its way into Thai sport they will continue to think the goalkeeper cant handle the ball????

From the images of the Thai team, I think not many of those girls know how to handle balls.

18 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Until some watch money finds its way into Thai sport they will continue to think the goalkeeper cant handle the ball????

Usually good at handling balls Thai women

7 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Please consider the somewhat "special" standing of the USA in the world bringing with it a rather negative image in various parts of the world.

This "win" certainly isn't bringing brownie points for the US in Thailand, points the US need.

The last part of your answer says it all, shows why the US get so many "antis", the lack of diplomacy in the US vs the world is shocking.

But I presume you are from the US, diplomacy, graciousness, are alien ideas to you.

And I am not anti American.

The USA does not need brownie points in Thailand.  The reverse is true for any country living next door to China.  You have the audacity to say you are not anti American and write, "But I presume you are from the US, diplomacy, graciousness, are alien ideas to you."

I get it, another anti American thread but don't try and sugarcoat it as something else.  

17 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Exactly! 

The behaviour by tha thing on the US team with short grey/blonde hair was disgusting ,appalling and lacked class ! Especially disrespecting her own country before the game ! What  a piece of shit and a disgrace to soccer and any sport !

7 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If the Thais had won 13-0 they would have been parading around the pitch with flags and photos like they did when Leicester won the premiership, and that team had no Thais playing in it!

Thai owners though

9 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

If the Thais had won 13-0 they would have been parading around the pitch with flags and photos like they did when Leicester won the premiership, and that team had no Thais playing in it!

They did win 11 to 0 against the poor Cambodians.  

5 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Thai owners though

Yes but you don't see USA, Russian or middle eastern flags and photos paraded about when the owners of foreign teams they own win. Nobody is more sickeningly nationalistic when they win than the Thais, however removed they are from the actual performance.

3 hours ago, john ianson said:

The behaviour by tha thing on the US team with short grey/blonde hair was disgusting ,appalling and lacked class ! Especially disrespecting her own country before the game ! What  a piece of shit and a disgrace to soccer and any sport !

Click on the watch Utube.  

Archived