Nine agencies take part in Dengue control

rooster59

Nine agencies take part in Dengue control

tewit kemtong

4bfb9643a82dc68df2af7ab9cf07ee48_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 14 June 2019(NNT) - The Ministry of Public Health, has signed cooperative agreements with eight agencies on environmental and dengue control, on the occasion of ASEAN Dengue Day. It’s feared the dengue situation this year will be more critical than last year. Already, almost 30,000 people have had dengue fever so far this year.

ASEAN has declared June 15 ASEAN Dengue Day and called this year’s campaign ’’End Dengue: Start With Me.’’ Dr. Sukhum Kanchanaphimai, Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of Public Health, today signed the agreements of cooperation with the Ministry of Defense, the Ministry of Tourism and Sports, the Ministry of Natural Resources and the Environment, the Ministry of the Interior, the Ministry of Culture, the Ministry of Education, the Ministry of Industry and the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration. That calls for all the agencies to take part in the alerting to, and controlling of outbreaks of dengue fever in communities, houses, temples and schools and to get rid of mosquito breeding grounds.

The World Health Organization estimates that 50-100 million people are infected by the dengue virus yearly. This year Thailand might have more dengue cases than last year as a total of 28,785 people have reportedly been infected since January 1. Up to 100,000 people could be infected in the course of this year.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-15

One hopes that there is one knowledgeable, informed agency with the responsibility for overseeing all of this.

If not there is a huge risk of wasted resources and duplication and not reaching the desired outcome 

You'd be correct to ask why 9 agencies and not say a couple? to illustrate a point, in CW yesterday where i went to extend my retirement permit, there were dozens of officers busying shuffling through mountains of papers, exeming each one and putting the ink chops on them and than the head of the group had to do the same and lastly, the chief of that group also had to read the papers all over again, sign and of course, this big blue chop, now we all know why it takes 9 agencies to do one task...

4 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

It answers the age old question of how many agencies does it take to kill a mosquito with a big green swatter ????

The Social Worker/ Mental Health Therapist would ask:

Does the mosquito want to be killed??

5 hours ago, rooster59 said:

has signed cooperative agreements with eight agencies on environmental and dengue control, on the occasion of ASEAN Dengue Day. It’s feared the dengue situation this year will be more critical than last year.

so, on occasion of dengue day they decide to call epidemic and say, that this year epidemic will be more critical than the last year's. Last year there was not epidemic and there was not critical situation.

what they mean, is to take more tax money on their new cars and homes.

The population need to be educated and learn, otherwise Thailand will always have Dengue outbreaks.

nobody give a **** about stopped water. Those rice fields in the outskirts of Bangkok are a hotbed for mosquito incubation.

My close friend is recovering right now from Dengue (type 2), Day 3 now. With him as this moment writing this post.

It's just terrible, his whole body hurts so much, massive headaches and 40C fever for 3 days. it's a living hell.

We went to the beach in the south last weekend in the south. 

Lesson learned: Use Mosquito repellents ALWAYS.

On 6/15/2019 at 2:14 PM, klauskunkel said:

Nine agencies?

Let me guess: a big budget, meetings, photo ops and mojitos mosquitoes.

They will all need new I pads, to use for notetaking on field trips, new laptops to download those notes onto to prepare reports (best get Macs so the interface is more efficient). They will need to visit the worst affected areas - much better if they all stay together at the resorts with the best conference facilities. VIP standard buses to move them around. The demands of the job will entail a lot of time away from home, so it is only fair if their spouses accompany them, already the budgets will need to be reviewed (increased), and not one mosquito swatted yet...

One hopes that there is one knowledgeable, informed agency with the responsibility for overseeing all of this.
If not there is a huge risk of wasted resources and duplication and not reaching the desired outcome 

They don’t care about the outcome - they only care about the budget allocation! And of course how much they can skim off!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived