Nong Nooch Tropical Garden to create year-round accessible floating garden

rooster59

Nong Nooch Tropical Garden to create year-round accessible floating garden

tewit kemtong

33741187a1f1541f0389e9ca3ed90fb2_small.jpeg

SINGAPORE, 13 June 2019(NNT) - Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, a popular tourist attraction in Chon Buri province, has sent its engineers and experts to visit and study Jewel Changi Airport, a nature-themed entertainment and retail complex on the land-side of Changi Airport in Singapore, which features the Gardens by the Bay.

The President of Nong Nooch Tropical Garden, Kampol Tansajja, led the delegation to study the Gardens by the Bay with plans to create a similar floating garden in Thailand for the enjoyment of Thai and foreign visitors all year round. The idea was sparked at Dubai Miracle Garden 2019 in Dubai of the United Arab Emirates (UAE).

Mr. Kampol explained that the Singaporean garden occupies a building dubbed the "jewel" of the airport. The new terminal is a multi-purpose structure that features retail stores, the world’s largest indoor waterfall and an indoor forest. The waterfall drops 40 meters from the roof of the structure and complements the Canopy Park situated on the terminal’s fifth floor, where the Shiseido Forest Valley is located.

The Gardens by the Bay have become a well-known attraction in Singapore. The gardens’ senior director of operations received the Thai delegation and explained that the plot comprises two glass zones, namely the Flower Zone and Cloud Forest. The gardens also include a cactus zone and the Super Tree, which is a vertical garden. The attraction has been operating for eight years now and includes plants ordered from Nong Nooch Tropical Garden.

Mr. Kampol said his visit was to draw lessons from the garden to create Nong Nooch’s own floating garden. It will enable tourists to enjoy Nong Nooch Tropical Garden throughout the year.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-15

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

it will enable tourists to enjoy Nong Nooch Tropical Garden throughout the year.

I hadn't visited for years but was recently asked to go. Some things have not changed but one noticeable difference was the throngs of tourists. It must have been Chinese Appreciation Day...

tusks.JPG

1 minute ago, missoura said:

I hadn't visited for years but was recently asked to go. Some things have not changed but one noticeable difference was the throngs of tourists. It must have been Chinese Appreciation Day...

tusks.JPG

No, just a normal day there, the Chinese noise and rudeness  is incessant. 

The last time I went I was admitted at Thai price with my driving licence; my visiting farang family were charged double.

Was impressed with the air-conditioned theatre and state of the art sound system.  Shame that everything was geared to Chinese hordes.

Archived