Govt: No extra money for state welfare cardholders

rooster59

13 hours ago, zaZa9 said:

Wiki : "...the Thai airmen along with Prachuap Khirikhan Provincial Police managed to hold out until noon on the next day, when they too received the ceasefire order. The Japanese lost 115 dead according to Japanese estimates,[24] and 217 dead and 300+ wounded according to Thai estimates. The Thais lost 37 dead and 27 wounded.[30]"

Doesnty appear to be a bad showing to me..

The current dictator for the day , Phibun  Songkram , directly ordered the Thai resistance to stop .

Soldiers are trained to follow orders , so why wouldnt they ?

Phibun had seen this coming.

His only possible allies , as the US wasnt interested  in any of it , was the UK and France. 

Both of which had been pilfering Thai territories for years.

I dont seem to recall the British in Singapore , far better armed than the Thai , doing a very good job either ... in fact their resistance was paltry ...

Look it up.

They lose that many each day in traffic accidents. I suppose navigating Thai roads and drivers could be considered a war

I stand corrected. But my point was really that military spending will continue to be priority over social pro grad for citizens.

In 1942 the Thai army invaded the Karen and Shan states in Burma and also part of China but was eventually forced to retreat by the Indian army and Chinese forces. Thailand also had a very large, over 80,000, anti-Japanese guerilla force that worked with the Allies.

Archived