NON O Multi Entry based on pension [uk]

26 minutes ago, beavenlen said:

regards non 'o' multientry for uk state pensioners. do we have confirmation that they are no longer available.

With just the state pension that we used to be able to get, yep no more, I emailed them and this was the reply,   

THAI EMBASSY LONDON <[email protected]>

10:54 PM (9 minutes ago)????????to me????
Dear Sir/Madam,
For pensioner (aged 50 or over): A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from a pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000.
From 15th June 2019, we can issue only single entry for non-immigrant and you have to submit the application online.

Also with a lot of places not accepting the combination method because of no income letter, guess we could say I'm a Brit in the shit...
  • Thanks 2

Removal of the multiple entry Non O for those with state pension appears to be one of the "improvements" introduced with the new system. Possibly, it is a sign of greater supervision by the Ministry, and a planned standardisation of the visas that will be available at all embassies.

31 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Removal of the multiple entry Non O for those with state pension appears to be one of the "improvements" introduced with the new system. Possibly, it is a sign of greater supervision by the Ministry, and a planned standardisation of the visas that will be available at all embassies.

It's been removed entirely by the Thai Embassy, London.

Those with Thai wives, family are also affected, only SE available now.

There are those who stay permanently in Thailand with this type of Visa, it would now appear they are restricting visits to 90 days, or obtain extensions from Immigration to stay longer.

There are those who stay permanently in Thailand with this type of Visa, it would now appear they are restricting visits to 90 days, or obtain extensions from Immigration to stay longer.

For non O it was always 90 days per entry. Ok , then go for the 1 year non b
Where is the shortcut for a residence permit ?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

For non O it was always 90 days per entry.

But you could obtain the ME.

5 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Ok , then go for the 1 year non b

You obviously haven't read the requirements for a Non B.

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Where is the shortcut for a residence permit ?

Who mentioned residency permit?

2 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Easy to get when you have the contacts in Thailand .my honorary consulate offered me always one instead of a non O for marriage
I mentioned it

Gesendet von iPad mit Thaivisa Connect

No idea what your talking about and what honorary Consulate offered you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wobalt said:

Easy to get when you have the contacts in Thailand .my honorary consulate offered me always one instead of a non O for marriage
I mentioned it

Lets have it in plain English as none of that makes sence.

I am a German and here is the 1 year ME still available. The honorary consulate in Essen. I worked 10 years for the Thai Government, coming here on personal invitation and have good contacts to the bio industry in Thailand

4 minutes ago, wobalt said:

I am a German and here is the 1 year ME still available. The honorary consulate in Essen. I worked 10 years for the Thai Government, coming here on personal invitation and have good contacts to the bio industry in Thailand

Did you bother to read the topic title (UK).

If the online application system is extended to other Embassies/Consulates and the Non Imm O ME where to be no longer available in Germany, I can assure you the Thai government and your contacts would be as much use as a chocolate fireguard.

• Like 1

Pretty sad not having the non O-ME available my father will be affected, he comes for 3 x 60day trips per year to Thailand, the ME was ideal. We used to get a double entry tourist visa and only discovered the non O ME based on pension, when they changed the system a number of years ago, Suppose it will be applying for a single entry TV three times a year now. METV and OA are of no use...

They do say that the UK consulates will be operating normally, so a single entry from Glasgow, could be an option, in person, perhaps ( will have to check their website).

For me, after planning the way ahead totally based on availability of the non-O ME from London, it's a massive inconvenience to say the very least.

Edited by UKresonant
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

Pretty sad not having the non O-ME available my father will be affected, he comes for 3 x 60day trips per year to Thailand, the ME was ideal. We used to get a double entry tourist visa and only discovered the non O ME based on pension, when the changed the system a number of years ago, Suppose it will be applying for a single entry TV three times a year now. METV and OA are of no use...

They do say that the UK consulates will be operating normally, so a single entry from Glasgow, could be an option, in person, perhaps ( will have to check their website).

For me, after planning the way ahead totally based on availability of the non-O ME from London, it's a massive inconvenience to say the very least.

Similar to my position as the said visa did not require the money in the bank rules etc . I also was able to visit the UK if need be . I was not aware of this m/e removal and have only this week secured my non "o" m/e by post from the London Thai embassy , so quite lucky .  Did the Thai immigration give a statement for the ending of the m/e ?  

Below is the grid of visas as copied today from the UK Thai Embassy web page and the non "o" m/e item 5  has not been updated but the fee increase is shown , previously £125 .

So I suppose the only option left is the same visa with a single entry ? however the 6 month tourist visa does have the m/e feature .  For those who wish to avoid the money in the bank system , maybe the 3 month tourist visa single entry at £30 is the answer and  I have not read of any limitations of how many can be applied for per year / roll over . 

Visa Types Fee (£)
1. Transit (3 months validity / single entry) 25
2. Tourist (3 months validity / single entry / stay up to 60 days) 30
3. Tourist (6 months validity / multiple entries / stay up to 60 days for each entry)  150
4. Non-Immigrant (3 month validity / single entry / stay up to 90 days) 60
5. Non-Immigrant (1 year validity / multiple entries / stay up to 1 year) 150
6. Non-Immigrant O-A (1 year validity / multiple entries / stay up to 1 year) 150
7. Non-Immigrant O-X (5 years validity / multiple entries / stay up to 5 years) 300
8. Non-Immigrant "B" (3 years validity / multiple entries / stay up to 3 years) 300
9. Smart Visa (1 year) 300
10. Smart Visa (2 years) 600
11. Smart Visa (3 years) 900
12. Smart Visa (4 years) 1,200

7 minutes ago, superal said:

For those who wish to avoid the money in the bank system , maybe the 3 month tourist visa single entry at £30

The Tourist Visa has a validity of 3 months in which to enter Thailand.

On entry you can only stay for 60 days.

It can be extended for 30 days (almost £50 at Immigration).

If you can qualify for the Non O SE, more cost effective to obtain that in the first place.

13 minutes ago, superal said:

Did the Thai immigration give a statement for the ending of the m/e ?  

Immigration has nothing to do with visas issued at a embassy or consulate. They are under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

There is this on the London embassy website now.

"Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

11 minutes ago, superal said:

Below is the grid of visas as copied today from the UK Thai Embassy web page and the non "o" m/e item 5 

It doesn't state Non O at 5 (I also misread this initially).

It states Non Immigrant. There are other types of Non Imm Visas, such as the 'B'.

5 hours ago, Pappap said:

With just the state pension that we used to be able to get, yep no more, I emailed them and this was the reply,   

THAI EMBASSY LONDON <[email protected]>

10:54 PM (9 minutes ago)????????to me????
Dear Sir/Madam,
For pensioner (aged 50 or over): A copy of pension statement if the applicant is a pensioner, or a copy of 1-month bank statement showing your income from a pension, or 3-month bank statement of at least £10,000.
From 15th June 2019, we can issue only single entry for non-immigrant and you have to submit the application online.

Also with a lot of places not accepting the combination method because of no income letter, guess we could say I'm a Brit in the shit...

China was the first to go online and I had a look at how it had been set up a few weeks ago and it was fairly obvious that this was going to happen.

Of course there were those that claimed it would never come about.

3 hours ago, UKresonant said:

Pretty sad not having the non O-ME available my father will be affected, he comes for 3 x 60day trips per year to Thailand, the ME was ideal. We used to get a double entry tourist visa and only discovered the non O ME based on pension, when they changed the system a number of years ago, Suppose it will be applying for a single entry TV three times a year now. METV and OA are of no use...

Why is the OA of no use?

18 minutes ago, emptypockets said:

How do 50 year olds receive a state pension in the UK. I'm confused. I thought it was 65 or so.

There was a time they would issue a single entry Non Imm O Visa based on being over 50 on receipt of a Pension (private or company), or £10K in a bank account for 3 months.

They ceased to issue it based on 50+ late 2014, unless receiving a state pension (age 65, now age 66), but never amended the wording on their website.

If you look at the categories of Visa types, there it clearly states.

"O"   To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

You can still obtain it if married to a Thai/family regardless of age.

It was only a matter of time. Why should someone over 65 and receiving a pension of a few hundred pounds a month  get to stay in Thailand for 1 year [ with visa runs ] when the rest of us who also live here by being retired or married etc have to show 800,000 / 400,000 or 65,000 40,000   income and report every 90 days, TM30'S etc. etc..  I do not wish the new rules on anyone but they are what they are. When you look at the rules for taking your wife / girlfriend to UK they are more onerous.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, emptypockets said:

Why is the OA of no use?

Because my father only comes to Thailand less than or equal to 180 days a year, the health insurance that is now linked to the OA requires you to stay in Thailand more than 180days or it is totally worthless, at age 86 he would be paying a very heavy premium (guess perhaps 120kbaht), for relatively no coverage, and in his position zero cover. The 180days thing seems to be how a lot of Thai insurance is structured ( not just for this purpose). But his Gold standard Travel insurance which totals 53kbaht/year, provides substantial cover, repatriation, legal cover etc

Edited by UKresonant

59 minutes ago, pontious said:

When you look at the rules for taking your wife / girlfriend to UK they are more onerous.

You do need an income of approx 678kbaht after tax I suppose, and the process is a pain, ( and you might have to know who was the English Captain in 1966, and other useless and cringe type irrelevant questions) but once done it's done, probably over 5 years. So I think in a financial sense it depends how many years you compare it over, try comparing over 10 years.....or 15 years...

7 hours ago, superal said:

I also was able to visit the UK if need be . I was not aware of this m/e removal and have only this week secured my non "o" m/e by post from the London Thai embassy , so quite lucky .

Very lucky timing indeed, I've only got ME capability Still Feb next year, then it's a mess, can't go any short trips anywhere e.g. HKG or Japan if we got an opportunity, with the ME you had the capability just to go, within the yearly book ends.

The whole thing just gives me a headache, let's watch and see if anyone actually gets it to work this week! May be a good feature for the BBC travel show....

10 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

Wonder if this is worldwide? I was denied a multiple entry Non Immigrant O based on Thai child in Australia last week. Previously issued with this visa no problem.