NON O Multi Entry based on pension [uk]

5 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

There was a time they would issue a single entry Non Imm O Visa based on being over 50 on receipt of a Pension (private or company), or £10K in a bank account for 3 months.

They ceased to issue it based on 50+ late 2014, unless receiving a state pension (age 65, now age 66), but never amended the wording on their website.

If you look at the categories of Visa types, there it clearly states.

"O"   To visit Thai spouse, children, parents, voluntary job, retirement (with State Pension)

You can still obtain it if married to a Thai/family regardless of age.

Not so sure. I was refused a multiple entry Non Immigrant O for family visit in Australia last week.

Edited by mngmn

10 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Immigration has nothing to do with visas issued at a embassy or consulate. They are under the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

There is this on the London embassy website now.

"Non-Immigrant Type O (single entry only)"

Source: http://www.thaiembassy.org/london/en/services/7742/84508-Non-Immigrant-visas.html#6

Yes I saw that new heading which excludes m/e but there is no statement or press release on the reason for the change .  Thai visas are getting confusing and more difficult to attain for the lower income guys . 

What next for changes ? I am not going to comment on that as I do not want to tempt providence . 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, emptypockets said:

How do 50 year olds receive a state pension in the UK. I'm confused. I thought it was 65 or so.

UK Minimum pension age upto April 5th 2010 was 50 (with some exceptions), then it became 55. So, many Government pensions, had protected rights that allowed them to continue to be drawn at 50 albeit with proportionally reduction in monthly rate, though the normal pension age was 60 (similar to many Thai .GOV pensions).

The state pension was 65, then was 66 and 67, on the catch phrase "we are all living longer", this is based on national insurance contribution record ( approx 12% of a salary between £8k and £40k as a generalisation, 2%ish over that). The living longer stats, have been noted as having stopped increasing, if not reversing slightly, (but the politicians like the phrase).

Then you have the private DB & DC (401style?)pensions (perhaps company originated), mostly now changed to 55 plus availability.

So I'm guessing the 50 thing is perhaps related to the pre-2010 origins...? As it quotes pension, rather than state pension...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, UKresonant said:

The state pension was 65, then was 66 and 67, on the catch phrase "we are all living longer", this is based on national insurance contribution record ( approx 12% of a salary between £8k and £40k as a generalisation, 2%ish over that). The living longer stats, have been noted as having stopped increasing, if not reversing slightly, (but the politicians like the phrase).

Actually based on 20% of the salary, as the employer also has to contribute 10% in NI payments.

• Like 1

be nice if you guys would stop bickering and 'a'read the questions posted and 'b' try to be helpful with the topic in question...thank you. my question as posted stands and any helpful information would be appreciated.thank you in anticipation.

A single entry non immigrant "o" visa , based on your state pension only , requires you to do a border run every 90 days ? getting a stamp from say Cambodia and then returning back into Thailand . So in fact you have left Thailand and re-entered , so when is a multi entry not a multi entry ? 

3 minutes ago, superal said:

A single entry non immigrant "o" visa , based on your state pension only , requires you to do a border run every 90 days ?

A single entry Non O allows one entry for 90 days!

There are no border runs, unless you want a 30 day Visa exempt entry.