TM.30 - CW Immi BKK - Reporting 24hrs after returning to Thailand?

A). I will be going to the UK for a few weeks and when I return - Does anyone have experience of what Chaengwattana immigration requirements are if returning to the same address?

- Do I need to do full new application or just need to go back to identify I have returned to the same address - or something other?

B). I was at immigration yesterday to do 90 reporting, but it was bedlam at the TM.30 section and was unable to get any information - I went to counter at the entrance and didn't get any sensible information.

I took an image of the notice that was outside the cubicles that were processing the TM.30 applications - below

It seems to suggest that if you do not have house master copy of documents (house registration and ID card) - You can just present your rental agreement as an alternative.

- Am I reading this right?

CW - TM.30.jpg

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Full report, like you have never done before, they have gone mad over there, someone decide to dust up a 20 years old law and make people lives difficult, mind you foreigner and Thai alike, hopefully someone will wake up and stop this madness soon...

50 year old laws -.-

But yes agree with everything.

Op it's easiest to do it via postal service, this should get accepted:

1) Passport copy, visa page and entry stamp copy

2) rental contract copy

3) optional housebook/id card copies from owner

4) tm6 copy

send to tm30 division and include a return envelope for the receipt, would send via trackable postal service to have proof tho

Edited by ThomasThBKK

Pretty sure you may be required to file a TM30, but then there have been mixed messages from individual IOs, and offices on this subject.

13 minutes ago, spambot said:

Am I reading this right?

Yes, that's how I interpret the signage. But not sure if that covers both #2 and #3?

1 minute ago, ezzra said:

Full report, like you have never done before, they have gone mad over there, someone decide to dust up a 20 years old law and make people lives difficult, mind you foreigner and Thai alike, hopefully someone will wake up and stop this madness soon...

Thanks, ezzra - I guess this has got to be within 24 hrs?

Do you have any idea if the rental agreement alone is an option for providing the housemaster, house registration and ID card?

11 minutes ago, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes it is supposed to be accepted.

I used it as my landlord refuses to give me copies of his housebook and id.

Ahhh - Good stuff - My landlord is mostly overseas.  

43 minutes ago, spambot said:

Thanks, ezzra - I guess this has got to be within 24 hrs?

Do you have any idea if the rental agreement alone is an option for providing the housemaster, house registration and ID card?

You can do report as "possessor". You can do this via mail at some imm offices. CW accept tm30 via mail. 

.....a few questions specifically for CW.....what exactly do they want in regards to the TM30 when applying for other services (extension for retirement)?

*just need to have done a tm-30 for current residence sometime in the past?

*does tm-30 on file need to be dated after latest arrival?

*is CW demanding updated tm-30 after travel within thailand if returning to same residence?

i'll be returning next month, girlfriend's landlady will register me online.  i'll have a couple months before extension and will be in/out of bangkok many times.  landlady can't be expected to update tm-30 twice a week for two months.  landlady also likes to travel, may not be available the week of my renewal.....

**suppose i could drag the girlfriend to immigration with me, along with copy of the rental contract, and a letter from her stating i live with.....***

Edited by ChouDoufu

19 minutes ago, ChouDoufu said:

.....a few questions specifically for CW.....what exactly do they want in regards to the TM30 when applying for other services (extension for retirement)?

*just need to have done a tm-30 for current residence sometime in the past?

*does tm-30 on file need to be dated after latest arrival?

*is CW demanding updated tm-30 after travel within thailand if returning to same residence?

i'll be returning next month, girlfriend's landlady will register me online.  i'll have a couple months before extension and will be in/out of bangkok many times.  landlady can't be expected to update tm-30 twice a week for two months.  landlady also likes to travel, may not be available the week of my renewal.....

**suppose i could drag the girlfriend to immigration with me, along with copy of the rental contract, and a letter from her stating i live with.....***

I'm in similar boat. In fact fly out and back los every 2 weeks. Added to that travel within los. My plan is to do a tm30 for my last return to residence prior to my next extension (Nov). If I follow the rules I would most likely need to do something like 15+ tm30.

CW is a zoo so I'm hoping to do tm30 by mail as possessor. 

3 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You can do report as "possessor". You can do this via mail at some imm offices. CW accept tm30 via mail. 

What documents do you need to include with TM.30 registration, (I am an owner, "Possessor".) I have copies of Title Deed, but no blue book.

2) rental contract copy [N/A]

4) tm6 copy

As I have lived here and owned it for 15 years, am I likely to be fined, and if I am applying by mail, how do I pay?

Edited by samtam

10 minutes ago, samtam said:

What documents do you need to include with TM.30 registration, (I am an owner, "Possessor".) I have copies of Title Deed, but no blue book.

2) rental contract copy [N/A]

4) tm6 copy

As I have lived here and owned it for 15 years, am I likely to be fined, and if I am applying by mail, how do I pay?

Firstly possessor for the tm30 does not mean owner. I rent my condo room. I have a lease. I can file the tm30 myself as the " possessor". 

I will be including photocopy of my identity page, my tm6, last entry stamp, non-o stamp or last extension. Also my lease. I have never done one so best to follow advice from someone who has. However reports on TVF have indicated success. I'm doing it this way as getting to and dealing with CW is a pain. I'm also considering to ignore the whole thing and just pay 800baht every time I need to visit with CW zoo. Which thankfully is once a year.

OMG, I have just tried to see if I can complete a TM.30 form, as an owner....for myself. But I have no idea whose names go into which bits.

If I'm the owner, do I file for myself as the alien? Do I then add my own name on the alien list?

Another complication we are joint owners and both foreigners, so we have to file 2 TM.30 forms, (one each)?

TM.30.jpg

Edited by samtam
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, samtam said:

I would do the same, (pay the fine next time I go to CW), but I'm about the file my 90 day report by mail to CW, and I don't know whether it will be rejected if I haven't filed a TM.30.

Only one way to find out, unless someone can enlighten me.

This is exactly my situation too, need to mail mine in next month. So far I've never received any official notification that a TM30 is required from CW, so I'm acting as if I've never heard of it - absolutely no idea if they have one on file for me or not.

I'd be interested in feedback on mailed in 90 day reports, and if yours is accepted and they send back a receipt as normal. So far I've yet to hear news of any submitted by post being rejected. 

Edited by lamyai3

32 minutes ago, Bowwow said:

Do you need to file a tm30 if you are on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry? 

It would depend where you are staying, many hotels and guest houses do it for you and most true tourists never need to. If you stay in a condo or a friend's home, you may need to do one if the owner does not, BUT..... if you have no need to attend an immigration office in Thailand, they cannot investigate this and I would not be concerned. Are you likely to want to extend your stay?

Edited by jacko45k

26 minutes ago, Bowwow said:

Do you need to file a tm30 if you are on a tourist visa or visa exempt entry? 

In reality unless you have some reason to go to immigration the answer is no. A reason to visit imm could be that you wish to extend your visa or visa exempt. In that case I would be making sure my "last" hotel booking had filed a tm30 or do one yourself. 

On 06/15/2019 at 4:24 PM, samtam said:

I would do the same, (pay the fine next time I go to CW), but I'm about the file my 90 day report by mail to CW, and I don't know whether it will be rejected if I haven't filed a TM.30.

Only one way to find out, unless someone can enlighten me.

I did my 90 day report by post on 28 May, and I got my confirmation slip back on 14 June. I have never done a TM 30, but will do one before my next extension in November. There was no mention on the slip about a TM 30, but they did not send back any of my information to use next time, which is a first. I am hoping that this was an oversight on their part, and not something more sinister...!

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 4:19 PM, samtam said:

OMG, I have just tried to see if I can complete a TM.30 form, as an owner....for myself. But I have no idea whose names go into which bits.

If I'm the owner, do I file for myself as the alien? Do I then add my own name on the alien list?

Another complication we are joint owners and both foreigners, so we have to file 2 TM.30 forms, (one each)?

Two separate TM30's.

Complete with your own individual names as the owner.

Copy of passport

Copy Visa/extension.

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

Copy of Chanote.

Question: Why don't you have the Blue Book?

Rather than mail, the online system now allows private dwellings and foreigners to register.

It's as clear as mud.  Our teachers were told they only need the initial TM30 and thereafter only need to submit a new one if their permanent address changes (this was the advice 2 months ago).

I have never done a TM30 in 14 years of living here, but sent one in by mail about 2 weeks ago.  I have yet to receive a reply.

My 90-day is due in 2 weeks and I always report by mail, so I plan to do it as normal, whether or not I've received the TM30 receipt back.

Edited by brewsterbudgen
  • Like 1

If you have already submitted a TM.30 and TM.28 for your present address you will only need to update the TM.30 on return to Thailand.
If your present registration was done on-line, and you do the update on-line, -you avoid the trek out to CW.
Hope that helps.

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

Two separate TM30's.

Complete with your own individual names as the owner.

Copy of passport

Copy Visa/extension.

Copy of entry stamp.

Copy of TM6.

Copy of Chanote.

Question: Why don't you have the Blue Book?

Rather than mail, the online system now allows private dwellings and foreigners to register.

Thanks. Re blue book, I never thought there was any need to have one, and I do recall this conversation with my lawyer, (who did my conveyancing) 15 years ago.

4 minutes ago, samtam said:

Thanks. Re blue book, I never thought there was any need to have one, and I do recall this conversation with my lawyer, (who did my conveyancing) 15 years ago.

The Blue book belongs to the Condo/House and is confirmation of the registered address.

A foreigner cannot be named in the Blue book unless he has permanent residency status.

If you were to sell the Condo/House in the future, then the book is passed to the next owner.

If Thai they may also want to register their names the book.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, samtam said:

I have another question regarding the TM.30 and that's in respect of the date that I put in after I repeat my address...

Put the current date in.

Write the number 2 in 'total persons'.

On the separate list attachment 'Name of Aliens in Residence' enter details of both you and the wife.

31 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The Blue book belongs to the Condo/House and is confirmation of the registered address.

A foreigner cannot be named in the Blue book unless he has permanent residency status.

If you were to sell the Condo/House in the future, then the book is passed to the next owner.

If Thai they may also want to register their names the book.

Is the Tor.Ror 14 the blue book?

2 hours ago, alantheembalmer said:

...I have never done a TM 30, but will do one before my next extension in November...

Some immigration officials issue a fine if the TM.30 notification was made later than 24 hours after arrival at the residence.

33 minutes ago, Maestro said:

Some immigration officials issue a fine if the TM.30 notification was made later than 24 hours after arrival at the residence.

So far, there doesn't appear to be any evidence that CW (which is what this thread is about) is doing this.  Unless anyone knows otherwise?