TM.30 - CW Immi BKK - Reporting 24hrs after returning to Thailand?

12 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Same as for 90 Day Reports by mail to CW Immigration, just substitute the first line saying TM30 Report instead of 90 Day Report Section:

176697183_TM30Mail-InReportingAddress.jpg.c4b57323e72ef2c8bdc557039d248f07.jpg

many thanks for your prompt reply. Cheers!

My owner requested an ID / PW online on June 8th (Sat) to register me since I came back from CM.  She still has not been sent a password.  She has called once and they told her they had to "verify" something.  Next time she called they would not answer phone.  She emailed with no response.

She said she would send me a signed hard copy which I guess I can mail in myself ... 

Does this TM30 have anything to do with Thai's not reporting income for rentals?  Is this a way to force Thai's owners to put all their assets down and Immigration is just using farangs to force this?
There are some Thai owners refusing to do anything WRT TM30s ... they are afraid of something.

34 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Does this TM30 have anything to do with Thai's not reporting income for rentals?  Is this a way to force Thai's owners to put all their assets down and Immigration is just using farangs to force this?

It does not have anything to do with taxes. Immigration does not share any info with the revenue department.

The problem is that some Thais are worried about it with no valid reason.

It's as clear as mud.  Our teachers were told they only need the initial TM30 and thereafter only need to submit a new one if their permanent address changes (this was the advice 2 months ago).

I have never done a TM30 in 14 years of living here, but sent one in by mail about 2 weeks ago.  I have yet to receive a reply.

My 90-day is due in 2 weeks and I always report by mail, so I plan to do it as normal, whether or not I've received the TM30 receipt back.
I received my TM30 receipt by mail yesterday. No fine.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, ubonjoe said:

It does not have anything to do with taxes. Immigration does not share any info with the revenue department.

The problem is that some Thais are worried about it with no valid reason.

You seem to know how Thai government works.  (Not being sarcastic.)

Can you tell us what Immigration division that farangs can report Thai owners that refuse to provide a signed TM30 to?

What do non-Thai's need to get (document wise) when leasing a condo to ensure the Thai owner will do a TM30 reporting?

11 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Can you tell us what Immigration division that farangs can report Thai owners that refuse to provide a signed TM30 to?

What do non-Thai's need to get (document wise) when leasing a condo to ensure the Thai owner will do a TM30 reporting?

Filing a TM30 is not Thai specific.

Foreigner can file as well.

The landlord should supply signed copies of the Tabien Baan + ID card and you should have a rental contract.

17 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

The could be reported to your local immigration office. 

17 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

Have a clause in the rental agreement stating they need to give you signed copies of their house book and ID card and that they are responsible for doing the reporting. But with the house book and ID card copies along with the rental agreement you could do the reporting yourself at the majority of offices.

Edited by ubonjoe
  • Like 2

On 6/15/2019 at 11:27 AM, ThomasThBKK said:

Yes it is supposed to be accepted.

I used it as my landlord refuses to give me copies of his housebook and id.

This is why it is the best policy to use a rental agent. Mine gives me copies of everything needed and files a TM30. She is very efficient. My condo is a sublet from a French national. I would not have much luck getting these documents otherwise. As with other things: USE AN AGENT!!!

I have made two trips to Cambodia in the last four years. I never filed anything when I got back. It was never mentioned at subsequent 90 day reports.
You were lucky. But you cannot rely on luck.

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

as well as the usual copies tm6 passport etc..do you have to fill in a TM 30 form which looks a nightmare when you post to CW
cheers
Where are you staying?

If you are in a hotel, you should not have to worry

In Thailand goal posts have wheels

On 6/17/2019 at 12:53 PM, Tanoshi said:

I've now registered online, so much more convenient to now notify my return from the comfort of an armchair at home.

Just one question on this. My Landlord does it for me online, he showed me how it is done and once he hits submit it just disappears into cyberspace (I guess same way it does for Hotels and other businesses). However, as you have no confirmation that TM30 was done, does this cause any complications if you have to deal with immigration or if they stop you? just seems odd in a country where they normally have paperwork for the slightest thing and it seems people are getting asked for a confirmation slip.

Sorry if this has been already answered but I returned to Thailand after a trip abroad. I was expecting to do my next 90-day report 90 days after I arrived back to Thailand. I did not go to immigration with a completed TM 30 form as soon as I arrived back because I didn't know I had to. As it stands now, I am going to do my next 90-day report, due in September, as I have always done. My guess is that they will ask me for a TM 30 form and then fine me for not having one. I am wondering if I will then be subject to a fine for not having gone to Immgration with the TM 30 form just after I arrived back from my trip. What kind of fines are we talking about. My colleagues said they have never been asked for  a TM 30 form when doing their 90-day report. But this forum is starting to make me a little bit paranoid because of my possible criminal neglect regarding Immigration protocol. (I do my stuff at Sri Racha Immigration)

25 minutes ago, khaepmu said:

But this forum is starting to make me a little bit paranoid because of my possible criminal neglect regarding Immigration protocol. (I do my stuff at Sri Racha Immigration)

I don't recall any reports of Sri Racha immigration enforcing the TM30 reporting when doing a 90 day report.

Everything in this topic is about Chaeng Wattana immigration in Bangkok who appear to be getting caught up on the reporting since they were not asking for them before.

Obviously all individuals have differing personal circumstances which makes application and interpretation of the statutory requirements a bit more nebulous.

I've lived with my Thai wife in the same house in Pattaya for around 10 years.  It's wholly owned in her name.  The blue Tabian Baan is in her name solely and I have had a yellow Tabian Baan since we've lived here.  I/we go to the UK regularly once or twice a year for a couple of weeks.  We also travel from Pattaya to my wife's home village every few weeks and stay in a house we built there and which is in her name.  As far as I am aware, Pattaya Immigration has not been implementing the TM30 scenario for any of my farang neighbours (either rented, company owned or Thai owned).  There's been no mention of TM30's for anyone's 90 report or annual retirement extensions done so far since March.  I know that doesn't mean it won't happen, but if it does, is my wife expected to go to Pattaya Immigration with a load of paperwork within 24 hours of me/us returning to Thailand just to show that I'm living at the same address I've been registered at for 10 years and will report yet again in 90 days?  Is she also obliged to notify the local police/immigration that her husband will be staying at the house she owns in her village for a few days and then immediately report my return to Pattaya a few days later?  It's getting beyond a joke and no wonder the mutterings of leaving LoS within the expat community are increasing almost daily!     

On 6/18/2019 at 12:27 PM, Tanoshi said:

I had no problems registering online, my name, all in English, using copy of Passport, Tabien Baan and Thai ID card. I registered from my PC, W10, Edge browser.

Received immediate e-mail confirmation, then login user ID and password 5 days later.

To actually file, you'll need assistance from a Thai. (language).

I registered a few days back, and received immediate e-mail confirmation, but yet to receive user ID and pw. 

Assuming I do get it in the next few days, what are the next steps: 1) first report myself as living in own condo 2) how do I report any friends or relatives who visit for a few days from overseas?

Thanks in advance, Tanoshi. 

1 hour ago, phetchy said:

Obviously all individuals have differing personal

Jomtiem don't ask for it, don't bother doing it.

You only need to submit a TM30 when you change address, you change address by submitting a TM30, yourself!

See the catch here?

Why bother, who knows? 

As the rules are written, yes they would have your wife running back and forth with these forms. 

My circumstances match yours, apart from my Mrs getting me to go to the village doesn't happen much. I will submit a TM30 when asked directly to do so, and pay a fine, so what, had a good run.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, captpkapoor said:

I registered a few days back, and received immediate e-mail confirmation, but yet to receive user ID and pw. 

Assuming I do get it in the next few days, what are the next steps: 1) first report myself as living in own condo 2) how do I report any friends or relatives who visit for a few days from overseas?

Thanks in advance, Tanoshi. 

I registered back in April, since then it's taking longer.

I registered on behalf of a friend in May, then after 5 weeks, phoned the local IO and gave them a nudge.

His ID and password came through next morning.

Once your up and running select 'Log In' then enter details in the required fields.

Same for friends only enter their details.

The selections are in Thai so you may need some assistance.

Just got back from a month abroad. While there, a friend here in BKK emailed me about the new TM30 enforcement. I just contacted the manager of the apartment I've been staying in for the last 5 years here in BKK. She said they have already filed the TM30 for me. I asked it I could get a copy of the confirmation slip. She said yes, after the boss returns from abroad on July 4. (My annual visa renewal at CW is in October, so no rush.)

Questions: Do you think this copy of the TM30 confirmation will be sufficient come visa renewal time? Do you think my apartment managers need to file re: me again, since I was just abroad?

Also: I suppose next time I file my 90-day report (which I've been doing by mail), I ought to also include a copy of said TM30 confirmation...just to be safe?

Thanks,

DP