U.S. court lets Trump transgender military ban stand, orders new review

rooster59

I served and one of my serving mates was gay, didnt effect his work but he didnt expect to be treated different. The armed forces should not have to pay for transgenders to get sex changes as it is a personal choice, in the field we are expected to make spilt second decisions that can effect the lives of those around us, having someone that is not 100% positive of who they are/what they are doing can cost lives. Anyone that is not dead set sure of themselves cannot be relied on and should not be in the field at all, office jobs, tech jobs etc are fine but not in any field force unit. As has been said, if you have not served you know sh*t about it and have no right to any opinion on whose lives you put at risk just to please the transgender brigade

1 hour ago, seajae said:

I served and one of my serving mates was gay, didnt effect his work but he didnt expect to be treated different. The armed forces should not have to pay for transgenders to get sex changes as it is a personal choice, in the field we are expected to make spilt second decisions that can effect the lives of those around us, having someone that is not 100% positive of who they are/what they are doing can cost lives. Anyone that is not dead set sure of themselves cannot be relied on and should not be in the field at all, office jobs, tech jobs etc are fine but not in any field force unit. As has been said, if you have not served you know sh*t about it and have no right to any opinion on whose lives you put at risk just to please the transgender brigade

No right to any opinion? That's rich. Again, the top brass was fine with the change. Do they have a right to an opinion? 

Top Military Brass at Odds with Mattis on Transgender Issues

Top military leaders have gone public in the past week to disagree with Defense Secretary Jim Mattis on the possible erosion of "unit cohesion" and readiness that Mattis said might come from allowing transgender troops to serve openly in the ranks.

The latest to come forward was Sergeant Major of the Army Dan Dailey.

"We haven't heard" of any problems with unit cohesion since transgender troops were cleared to serve under the Obama administration in 2016, Dailey said at an off-camera session with Pentagon reporters Friday.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/20/top-military-brass-odds-mattis-transgender-issues.html

12 hours ago, Jingthing said:

No right to any opinion? That's rich. Again, the top brass was fine with the change. Do they have a right to an opinion? 

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/04/20/top-military-brass-odds-mattis-transgender-issues.html

LOL. The top brass won't be in the field with the trans people. I don't think they have a say either.

I have an opinion of the "top brass" from my time in service and it isn't printable in a public forum.

There may have been men with trans desires in the military I served in, but they kept that to themselves, oh yes indeed. Need I say more?

21 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Free fun? Oy.

The issue isn't about gay and lesbian soldiers. Happily they are not being kicked out by the bone spurs president. Not yet anyway.

To be clear, this bigoted (and clearly cynical POLITICAL) move against transgender Americans was NOT initiated by the pentagon or military leaders. It started with a TWEET by you know who. Utterly disgusting to trash Americans for political gain that are willing to serve when he was not. 

It was only 2 weeks ago that the World Health Organization removed gender dysphoria from its list of mental illnesses, and only then, under political pressure. It is in all liklihood a mental illness, but whether or not it should bar one from military service is not something I'm able to speculate about .

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

It was only 2 weeks ago that the World Health Organization removed gender dysphoria from its list of mental illnesses, and only then, under political pressure. It is in all liklihood a mental illness, but whether or not it should bar one from military service is not something I'm able to speculate about .

Speaking as an ex serviceman, it's possible that wanting to join an organisation that exists to kill other people could be regarded as a mental illness. I certainly met a few with mental issues while serving.

IMO, the only issue here is whether the defence department exists to give some people a free sex change, or not.

If anyone is OK with killing people, and can pass a standard test of physical ability, then OK, accepted. If one only wants to become the opposite sex on the taxpayer's dime- rejected.

"trump" and his fans are persecuting transgender people now because its politically advantageous. Scapegoating as we've seen throughout history. I have no doubt if "trump" thought it was a political win for him to kick out all the gay and lesbian soldiers that he would do that too. It wouldn't shock me if he did exactly that if he's reelected. 

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

"trump" and his fans are persecuting transgender people now because its politically advantageous. Scapegoating as we've seen throughout history. I have no doubt if "trump" thought it was a political win for him to kick out all the gay and lesbian soldiers that he would do that too. It wouldn't shock me if he did exactly that if he's reelected. 

Far as I have seen, he's just not wanting them in the services. If he's persecuting them throughout society it's news to me.

Tell me if I'm wrong.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. The top brass won't be in the field with the trans people. I don't think they have a say either.

I have an opinion of the "top brass" from my time in service and it isn't printable in a public forum.

There may have been men with trans desires in the military I served in, but they kept that to themselves, oh yes indeed. Need I say more?

I agree with the opinion on big brass I have some of my own

The "trump" war on transgender Americans. They are an easy target for his bigoted base especially the evangelicals. It's not only the transgender soldiers that this unhinged criminally corrupt president has thrown under the bus. That's just one part of the bigger picture.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/opinion/2019/05/28/the-discrimination-administration/PNFw7O0nOk9bB3np5znh4J/story.html

Trump’s war on the transgender community

The National Center for Transgender Equality calls the Trump presidency “the discrimination administration.” President Trump and his heartless minions have worked nonstop to make that title stick.

From the Justice and Education departments dropping Obama-era guidelines to protect transgender students to a ban on trans women and men from serving openly in the military, Trump has enacted one punishing policy after another, making an already marginalized population even more isolated and at-risk.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived