77 motorcyclists arrested in road racing crackdown

rooster59

77 motorcyclists arrested in road racing crackdown

By The Nation

racing.JPG

Bangkok police arrested 77 motorcyclists on Friday night after their motorcycles were found to have been modified for road racing.

In a weekly crackdown, police from stations under Metropolitan Police Division 2 set up road checkpoints in their jurisdiction areas and made the arrests, said Pol Col Sarawut Jindakham, commander of the division.

Sarawut said 28 of the suspects were under 18 years old. None of the 77 arrested tested positive for drug abuse.

The checkpoints also found that 36 out of 75 big-bike motorcycles stopped at the checkpoints emitted noises louder than the permitted level of 96 decibel so the owners were fined Bt1,000 each and the bikes were suspended from use for 30 days.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371136

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-15

28 minutes ago, trainman34014 said:

Crush the Bikes, otherwise the same ones will be rounded up again in the next 'crack down' or the one after that.  Will they never learn ?

Modified for road racing is rather ambiguous, if there is something illegal about their usage or (the example given) that the bike itself is breaking a specific law like exceeding noise restrictions then take them off the road until they comply - crushing a BT1m motorbike is hardly going to be correct or lawful, I ride a superbike and it fully complies with the law in every respect - you think the police should take my bike and crush it ? ????

22 hours ago, smedly said:

Modified for road racing is rather ambiguous, if there is something illegal about their usage or (the example given) that the bike itself is breaking a specific law like exceeding noise restrictions then take them off the road until they comply - crushing a BT1m motorbike is hardly going to be correct or lawful, I ride a superbike and it fully complies with the law in every respect - you think the police should take my bike and crush it ? ????

If your bike fully complies with all laws, why would the police take it? Do you take part in illegal road races? Very strange argument you are making here.

Not at all crush your bike smedly. If you caught like these folks for road racing, sure crush their bikes, sell them new ones, the defaulters pay tax again and think twice about road racing again in the future.

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

emitted noises louder than the permitted level of 96 decibel

My hearing tells me this applies to 90% of the "Motorbikes" on the road that are owned by Thai youth! :shock1:

23 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Sarawut said 28 of the suspects were under 18 years old. None of the 77 arrested tested positive for drug abuse.

That bit got away in most news stories covering this.

Whilst the kids may be annoying neighbors and hurting themselves in the odd crash, none of them are stabbing or beating or robbing other people to get their next hit of Yabba.

Thank you !

I've never been able to appreciate this 'crush' thing.

why not if you break the law??././..

I would probably be one of them if I were 16. You learn a lot when modifying a bike and at the same time you make new friends.
At that age many of us did crazy things.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

57 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

Whilst the kids may be annoying neighbors and hurting themselves in the odd crash, none of them are stabbing or beating or robbing other people to get their next hit of Yabba.

Good point, bottom line is what the hell else are they supposed to do? without ruining "Thailand's Image" no drink - too young, no sex & nowhere to go, from what I can see their are no amenities for young people that are affordable.

1 hour ago, luk AJ said:

I would probably be one of them if I were 16. You learn a lot when modifying a bike and at the same time you make new friends.
At that age many of us did crazy things.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

I am not 16. I live in Thailand. I live in the now.

1 hour ago, essox essox said:

why not if you break the law??././..

so everyone driving a vehicle on Thai roads should have their vehicle crushed if they break the law 

you're a bright one aren't you ????

On 6/15/2019 at 12:58 PM, smedly said:

Only if you modify it and go road racing, both of which are illegal. And I'm sure that none of these bikes used by kids for racing cost a million.

Why just pick on the bikes, what is the reason other than to draw attention to ones self do  you drill holes in your new pick ups silencer, if it is to make them go faster it doesn't work, just makes them look important, like,

LOOK AT ME EVERYBODY????

32 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Only if you modify it and go road racing, both of which are illegal. And I'm sure that none of these bikes used by kids for racing cost a million.

Corruption is illegal also, we should crush the "politicians" along with the bikes then?

1. What is the penalty for arrested racers.  2. What do police do with motorcycles confiscated from the cute little boys not home doing their homework.  3.  What penalty for the negligent parents. I know for a fact that Police salaries, particularly new recruits, so auction off the bikes with clear titles with money going to police benefits.

I beleive it was written that a number of bikes were taken off the road for the reason that you requested. Congradulation for having a superbike " whatever that is"which complies to the law, do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on.

31 minutes ago, Barry343 said:

I beleive it was written that a number of bikes were taken off the road for the reason that you requested. Congradulation for having a superbike " whatever that is"which complies to the law, do you want a medal or a chest to pin it on.

another useless post from an ignorant (deleted)

But you don't take it road racing... 

Archived