BANGKOK 17 July 2019 21:48
Sign in to follow this  
rooster59

Doctor’s orders: Phuket Hospitals forced to reveal how much they charge for medicines

3 minutes ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Oh dear. The hospital's main money-maker is under threat.

As a type 2 diabetic, I was diagnosed at BHP. I was prescribed medicine that I now have to take for life. At BHP they charged 53Bt per tablet. I buy at Santi pharmacy for just under 30Bt per tablet.

Not only do these hospitals over-charge, they also over-medicate which also adds to their bottom line.

Type 2 can be reversed I believe. Please have a look online where people where very successful. Good luck. 

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/can-you-reverse-type-2-diabetes#1

I think this is a good deal for the hospitals...... I mean only reveal how much they overcharge for medications...... 

I can just see hospital administrators conjuring up a few dodgy purchase invoices, saying 'Look we pay 40 Baht a tablet for this medication and sell it for only 42 Baht' we not rip off patients 🙂

• Like 1

I had tests and consultations in BPH yesterday.

One of the drugs I take daily is not available outside the hospital (I started a thread a while back). They charge 138 baht a tablet. (With the expat card discount it comes to about 117 baht each)

I actually asked the pharmacist how much the hospital paid for it and he just laughed at me. Apparently he hasn't heard of this new rule.

• Sad 1

How about checking the Pharmacies while at it?  In Rawai I've found with just one item/card of tablets a 55 baht difference for the one card!! that's from one pharmacy to another.

You won't be laughing if they close all the private hospitals down due to non-profit !

21 hours ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Oh dear. The hospital's main money-maker is under threat.

As a type 2 diabetic, I was diagnosed at BHP. I was prescribed medicine that I now have to take for life. At BHP they charged 53Bt per tablet. I buy at Santi pharmacy for just under 30Bt per tablet.

Not only do these hospitals over-charge, they also over-medicate which also adds to their bottom line.

type 2 diabetes is a life style disease... many people prefer to take a pill than to change bad habits

bhp ? did you mean bph ?

16 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Another commercials believer!

They only thing doctors and yourself can reach is getting a normal blood-sugar rate for the rest of your life, by  diet, control food and medicines.

The symptoms like a diabetic foot/feet and dis functioning nerves remains and can worsen even you have a normal blood-sugar rate for years like I have.

Don't believe everything you read, ask your doctors!

lol, yes, believe the Md's blindly, they love it ...

if you have nerve damage, you take vitamin B1 , B12, ALA...

or like  most, just ignore free info and take pills that change or stop natural enzymes in your body to work and you can pretend nothing is going on, till you got another disease as a side effect, but you have insurance, so you go again and take 2-3-4-10 medications, cheap & easy, no need to go find the root cause of the problem, everybody happy, you happy, the MD happy, the hospital happy, the insurance happy...

20 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

I can just see hospital administrators conjuring up a few dodgy purchase invoices, saying 'Look we pay 40 Baht a tablet for this medication and sell it for only 42 Baht' we not rip off patients 🙂

I guess asking for a national database where suppliers are known and hospitals as clients can be checked directly how much they paid, but then again... TIT