VIDEO: Armed Bangkok motorbike taxi drivers in shocking broad daylight brawl

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

While the cops are guilty of not really doing their job they are also showing a lot of restraint. In the USA they would just shoot them all. 

Which in this case would appear perfectly justified to me.

12 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

And police does it's best to not get engaged.

Wouldn't a few warning shots in the air help to calm the brawl?

Lovely.

Yes and he would probably take a passenger jet down.i once see a video of a few thai coppers letting loose with a shower of bullets and missing the baddie by miles.in fact you would of thought the baddie had to be a ghost for him not to get hit.

It does highlight the level of lawlessness here though
The attitude towards the police in general in that they just do not see them as a threat in any sense
They know that they will not stop them from carrying on in whatever way they want......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, Bipolar said:

The first thing that should be be done is that the police head in charge of that area should be transferred to an inactive position. next ...all the police me seen in that video should be sacked from service! Then all the motor taxis in that area should be rounded up and detained under the internal security act and simply detained without court orders etc, no bail, no visitations

Why...first the police head in that area should be proactive to know what criminal groups are in that areas, who posess a threat etc ie the police are meant to be proactive to gather intel in areas under them. Nest the police in the video seems hopeless and the fact tha criminal actions are taking place in front of them speaks words. Next the public and citizens should be protected against gangs like these.

Most of these motortaxis are basically illegitimate children of police, army or govt servants that studied at the technical colleges famous for gangs of cowards ie most of them need to bring their fellow buddies home to help consummate their nuptial vows on their marriage nights even,  as by themselves alone, their single appendages are too small for anything, hence they need cowardly group power.

All of the above assumes the police are serious about their work, competent, and concerned. Why would you assume any of that? The police here are essentially franchisees. 

21 hours ago, Bipolar said:

The first thing that should be be done is that the police head in charge of that area should be transferred to an inactive position. next ...all the police me seen in that video should be sacked from service! Then all the motor taxis in that area should be rounded up and detained under the internal security act and simply detained without court orders etc, no bail, no visitations

Why...first the police head in that area should be proactive to know what criminal groups are in that areas, who posess a threat etc ie the police are meant to be proactive to gather intel in areas under them. Nest the police in the video seems hopeless and the fact tha criminal actions are taking place in front of them speaks words. Next the public and citizens should be protected against gangs like these.

Most of these motortaxis are basically illegitimate children of police, army or govt servants that studied at the technical colleges famous for gangs of cowards ie most of them need to bring their fellow buddies home to help consummate their nuptial vows on their marriage nights even,  as by themselves alone, their single appendages are too small for anything, hence they need cowardly group power.

Time for a long holiday overseas, perhaps?

I used to live off of that Soi and used the market where they are fighting, and used those mototaxi drivers often. I'm very happy I don't live there now.

My wife said it was okay that the police did nothing, as there were not enough of them, Her brother is a policeman, so she might be biased, To her, it was okay for them just to stand there while people were being shot dead. Thailand has the police force it deserves.

I wonder if the gun used by the motorcycle taxi was supplied by one of the cops?? I am sure they will do a ballistics test on the bullet and see if it matches any pistol carried by the "officers"

22 hours ago, Captain_Bob said:

While the cops are guilty of not really doing their job they are also showing a lot of restraint. In the USA they would just shoot them all. 

Bullshit is that why the police have been standing down during these riots in the U. S. Having said that I wouldn't have a problem with that in this situation, especially since an innocent bystander was shot and killed during this confrontation. 

Who is the Mafia King who controls the "taxi" vests at every corner? I've heard numbers such as 85,000 Baht. There is a limit to number of drivers per location. As to the action/inaction of the police, a few well aimed shots to legs might well quell the boys enthusiasm. A murder charge should be made in the case of the "accidental" bullet.

The Thai police are controlled by bigger Thai police crooks. This is known from the lowest private to the highest Generals. Thai culture, give me a break. Other than the Royal parades. etc. Thai culture is what ever the STREET says it is. I, nor my family go to many areas of Bangkok and none of Pattaya. I feel sorry for the good police officers trying to do a good job who are STEPPED on when they do..

6 hours ago, Anythingleft? said:

It does highlight the level of lawlessness here though
The attitude towards the police in general in that they just do not see them as a threat in any sense
They know that they will not stop them from carrying on in whatever way they want......

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

That's true, the only solution would be for the army to deal with this problem. Fascism isn't all bad. 

On 6/15/2019 at 1:17 PM, Jonathan Fairfield said:

Gangs of rival motorbike taxi drivers were filmed viciously attacking each other with knives and other weapons in Bangkok on Saturday.

Come to Thailand.. "land of smiles"

It's official Thailand is out of control!

These guys are extremely teritorial.  There are too many motorcycle taxi teams and for some reason

they believe they above the law.  Work is probably dwindling and another team closeby may be attracting some of their fares.   Its a dead end job.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 3:13 AM, Bipolar said:

Nah. The only explanation for police activity is that captains or higher ranking are appointed on the basis that they promise to not change a thing in the police culture in Thailand.

Enclosed is the cost of a motorcycle jacket in various areas of Bangkok. Now you have to think who gets this money, and of course the driver can't afford to pay such large sums upfront. it's a case of monthly installments in many instances.

Bangsue, Ban Khunthien -in the soi- 30,000-50,000 baht

At the front of the soi where it meets the main road- 50,000-100,000 (Tha Phra 60,000, Bangna 60,000, Bangsue-70,000 baht)

Business areas- 100,000-800,000 baht  Jatujak 100,000,  Meuang Thong Thani 150,000,  Huay khwang 300,000, Thong Lor 350,000,  Khlong toei 400,000 baht, Asoke 800,000 baht.

cost of win jackets.jpg

On 6/15/2019 at 2:31 AM, KhunBENQ said:

And police does it's best to not get engaged.

Wouldn't a few warning shots in the air help to calm the brawl?

Lovely.

Warning shots should be fired into the center mass of the body, not into the air.  It gets the perps attention.  Lets them know you are serious and can hit what you are aiming at.

This would work OK:

giphy.gif

Archived