Condo Pools: best option for beer drinking???

moontang

4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Pour your beer into a thermos, hiking bottle.

But what if you are going to drink a few liters?  The last time I let some rajabat student open all my beers was also the first time... 2008, and it was only 109 for all three large.. 

1 minute ago, dbrenn said:

I'm sure most condos wouldn't mind, so long as you're quiet, respectful of other residents, and tidy up your empty bottles.

Most? unsure.

I know several condos (including mine) who have a no glass-bottles on the pool area policy.

9 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Most? unsure.

I know several condos (including mine) who have a no glass-bottles on the pool area policy.

So take a cool box full of cans and ice.

If it really is a no alcohol policy, then follow the suggestion of another poster - use a teapot and mugs to enjoy a sneaky beer, just like people do on election day. 

16 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I'm sure most condos wouldn't mind, so long as you're quiet, respectful of other residents, and tidy up your empty bottles.

Ours bans food and alcohol. This is all a result of thails have a picnic of fermented fish and somtam etc and then leaving litter there. A broken glass in the pool is chaos, not easy to locate all the shards. Easy work arounds for booze especially vodka or wine based but beer is a bit tougher if you plan drinking several large bottles

7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Ours bans food and alcohol. This is all a result of thails have a picnic of fermented fish and somtam etc and then leaving litter there. A broken glass in the pool is chaos, not easy to locate all the shards. Easy work arounds for booze especially vodka or wine based but beer is a bit tougher if you plan drinking several large bottles

All I can suggest is regular visits to your room to refill the teapot with beer that's been extra chilled in the freezer.

It's a shame that a few antisocial misfits have spoiled it for you. There's nothing nicer than a few beers by the pool.

7 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Saves time looking for a nearby toilet.

You cannot do that anymore as they put a chemical in the water, if a man pees it goes blue, a woman pink. The last time me and our lass went swimming we were like the Red Arrows.

46 minutes ago, madmen said:

Easy answer, take cans not bottles to the pool, not difficult, and no hassles (if alcohol is allowed at the pool).

2 hours ago, moontang said:

But what if you are going to drink a few liters?  The last time I let some rajabat student open all my beers was also the first time... 2008, and it was only 109 for all three large.. 

A twist of that... a year back my Thai sons' MIL was visiting for a few days. She loves to make snacks for the kids and she's very reliable and safety conscious with the kids.

Whole family, including MIL went shopping, son noticed a good brand of frozen french fries on discount and much bigger discount for buying 5 X 1 kg bags.

At home son and his wife went to a meeting at kids school, MIL proceeded to cook all 5 kilos of the french fries. We all came home maybe 3 hours later to 2 giant bowls of cooked french fries, all now cold and soggy. MIL was very proud of her work.  

2 hours ago, moontang said:

use 0,5 l cans... glass bottles at a pool are way too dangerous

15 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Easy answer, take cans not bottles to the pool, not difficult, and no hassles (if alcohol is allowed at the pool).

Yes, it has been determined to drink cans.. but what is the best value.. paid 682 for a 12 pack of Heineken 490 ml.. A+, but at 31 to the dollar it is kind of pricey at 1.80 usd for a 14.6 ounce approx beer.. Tiger smalls 4 pack 125, and today 12 Leo 490 ml cans for 529....never thought I would return to Leo, but at least they weren't pre Songkran made like my 7 was selling.... Just trying to look at the big picture.. If I was simply a two week millionaire I would be perfectly happy with the heineys. 

22 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Pour your beer into a thermos, hiking bottle.

I totally agree...I don't drink beer in Thailand and always fill a thermos (flask) with ice, vodka and soda, splash of lime, when I go anywhere...fools 'em alla time, gloriously inebriated in public and no one has a clue...I always got one of the younger wimminfolk to assist me so that I don't fall over or for things to otherwise get outta hand...

'whaddaya lookin' at <deleted>???!!!' ('he's just a demented old man, pay no mind...mai sabai, mai sabai...')

20 hours ago, scorecard said:

Not allowed and I think it may have to do with diving into the pool drunk into the shallow end opens them up for litigation. I think the thermos bottle is the best solution so far 

22 hours ago, moontang said:

Yes, it has been determined to drink cans.. but what is the best value.. paid 682 for a 12 pack of Heineken 490 ml.. A+, but at 31 to the dollar it is kind of pricey at 1.80 usd for a 14.6 ounce approx beer.. Tiger smalls 4 pack 125, and today 12 Leo 490 ml cans for 529....never thought I would return to Leo, but at least they weren't pre Songkran made like my 7 was selling.... Just trying to look at the big picture.. If I was simply a two week millionaire I would be perfectly happy with the heineys. 

LEO BEER CANNED 320 ML PACK 24, Big C  744 baht ....they will deliver

Archived