BANGKOK 18 July 2019 03:38
moontang

Condo Pools: best option for beer drinking???

Any thoughts on this? I specified condo pool because you could easily do large bottles at your own pool, which is the best value, but bottles would get some scowls at the condo. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

Pour your beer into a thermos, hiking bottle.

But what if you are going to drink a few liters?  The last time I let some rajabat student open all my beers was also the first time... 2008, and it was only 109 for all three large.. 

Edited by moontang

I'm sure most condos wouldn't mind, so long as you're quiet, respectful of other residents, and tidy up your empty bottles.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Most? unsure.

I know several condos (including mine) who have a no glass-bottles on the pool area policy.

So take a cool box full of cans and ice.

If it really is a no alcohol policy, then follow the suggestion of another poster - use a teapot and mugs to enjoy a sneaky beer, just like people do on election day. 

Edited by dbrenn

16 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I'm sure most condos wouldn't mind, so long as you're quiet, respectful of other residents, and tidy up your empty bottles.

Ours bans food and alcohol. This is all a result of thails have a picnic of fermented fish and somtam etc and then leaving litter there. A broken glass in the pool is chaos, not easy to locate all the shards. Easy work arounds for booze especially vodka or wine based but beer is a bit tougher if you plan drinking several large bottles

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, madmen said:

Ours bans food and alcohol. This is all a result of thails have a picnic of fermented fish and somtam etc and then leaving litter there. A broken glass in the pool is chaos, not easy to locate all the shards. Easy work arounds for booze especially vodka or wine based but beer is a bit tougher if you plan drinking several large bottles

All I can suggest is regular visits to your room to refill the teapot with beer that's been extra chilled in the freezer.

It's a shame that a few antisocial misfits have spoiled it for you. There's nothing nicer than a few beers by the pool.

Edited by dbrenn
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, champers said:

Take one of these and show them you mean business 

beer3.jpg

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, vogie said:

The last time me and our lass went swimming we were like the Red Arrows.

That's one reason I never go into a pool.