South Of Buriram

Ricci

Hi there,

ill visit a friend in 4 weeks.

Hes living in Ban Kruat which is south of Prakhon Chai (Prasat Phanom Rung).

Anyone can tell me how to get there from BKK?

Anyone is living there?

Where should i go, what is a must see?

Ill be there for 2 weeks.

Ciao

Ricci

Take highway #1 past Don Muang to Saraburi. Then highway #2 signposted to Khorat (or Nachon Ratchasima). Before Khorat get on the highway #24 Eastbound (at the interchange) and follow to Prasat.

Reasonably good roads, plenty of places to stop for refreshment. Takes about 4 hrs easy driving.

The bus runs straight from BKK to Buriram right past Phanom Rung and takes about five hours to where you want to go. It stops once for refreshments. If it was me, I would never take that bus again. It was pure torture. :o

Give me the train anytime. Good luck.

I took the buss a few times and thought it was ok. I took it at night so not sure

how the day trip would be. You are right about them if you mean it could be dangerous depending on the driver. It was a bit cold also because of the aircon. I done the train also

and it was interesting as that was done in the day time. I would recommend doing either one in the week and the train seemed as if it was only once a day on the fast train 8 hours from what I remember either way but it has been about 10 years

since doing so. It was not a bad trip either way.

Take the train from don muang, you dont have to go to hualompong, go all the way to surin and have your friend to pick ya up from there.

the sprinter leaves about 10.45 from bangkok station its ca 290 bht to buriram and som more batts to surin, very nice scenery and nicer then the bus.

thats my opinion, but it depends on when you are arriving to the airport.

Cheers now im of to bamboo bar and have a cold beer... :D:o:D

• 2 weeks later...

AVOID the busses in Thailand as much as possible! They are not well maintained or well-driven, the aircon is either freezing cold or doesn't work at all, the ride is very uncomfortable and there will likely be some Thai pop music cranked up to max volume.

Trains are definately the way to go whenever possible.

Also stay away from tuk-tuks and non-meter taxis as much as possible.

Hi there,

ill visit a friend in 4 weeks.

Hes living in Ban Kruat which is south of Prakhon Chai (Prasat Phanom Rung).

Anyone can tell me how to get there from BKK?

Anyone is living there?

Where should i go, what is a must see?

Ill be there for 2 weeks.

Ciao

Ricci

Forget Train or Bus,

Fly to Buriram from Don Muang with Phuket Air,

1 way fare is 1400bt and flys twice daily and takes only just over an hour. :o

• 2 weeks later...

I just looked on the map. It looks like you can throw a hand grenade from there to Cambodia. Seriously, no problem, just don't cross the border.

Visit Prasat Khao Phra Viharn. Very nice Kylmer temple on the top of a mountian. In Cambodia, but one can only get there from Thailand. It's not free, but not much.

Good Luck :o