New Online Visa Process

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

. . . . . or mail them them with a return envelope plus 10 pounds for the return postage unless you send a prepaid envelope for the return.

Is the postal return option still available?  I've nor been able to find a reference to it on the new evisa system.

Edited by treetops

4 minutes ago, treetops said:

All of the links on this page are showing .... be prepared for another date push back?

TBWG

404 - File or directory not found.

The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TBWG said:

Has anybody successfully registered and completed the application procedure?

Myself trying to register/login in UK ... no luck despite several attempts.

TBWG

I knew I should have gone there in person on the 14th....

Untitled.jpg.14586321f6bee5cc0a1cec53e8ff7708.jpg

Even though it's now back up. The server on which it is based is painfully slow. What are they thinking? you cannot even play the instructional video without continued buffering.

I have not been able to watch the video in all the time it has been up. It's really a bit of a shambles.

1 hour ago, treetops said:

That is really contradictory!   On that web page you have:

From 15 June 2019, visa applicants in the UK and Ireland have to apply online. Let's see how it works.

And scrolling down the same page it says 

Who Can Apply for the Visa by Post

Anyone who resides in the UK and Ireland.

@treetops As a newbie, you may not know that the last bit is the old wording, so we could assume that it's been left there for people applying until 14th June, or we could assume that one still can do the whole thing by post, thus contradicting the first bit...."From 15 June 2019,......."

Or on past form we could assume, that they just haven't updated it properly.... not helpful is it?

Edited by VBF

2 hours ago, treetops said:

Is the postal return option still available?  I've nor been able to find a reference to it on the new evisa system.

The embassy told me that everyone will have to apply online, but that the will be a postal option to return your passport. Not sure if the postal option is available to send your docs to them. YMMV.

I just received this back from my query to the embassy.  Confirms postal return of documents is available and walk in also OK - not sure whether for pick up, drop off or both.

Dear Sir/Madam,
1. After you had successful application, you must print out barcode  2 pages and declaration paper sign

2. What is the purpose for type O

3. with 10 GBP and return address . 

Kind Regards,

Visa Officer

Please note

After 15 June 2019 visa system will be changed please check from the website before you submit an application. Walk-in will be available.

Hi Guys,  I read this forum but never comment.   Today, I am as I have been trying to get my non B online,  system kicked me out many times and my emails for advice all bounced back undelivered.   My school has also sent me the doc's I need as listed on the website yet there are more doc's required on the online site so they haven't updated their info either.  further more they ask for a flight number that I really can't book until I know I have my visa.   It's been an extremely frustrating day.     Thanks and my venting has been done haha.    Just wish something could be done properly for once.   Any know if there is a number to call?,  can't find one on the website anymore.   Would like to confirm if I can just walk in and apply as suggested above.

56 minutes ago, JayJay2 said:

found the number now

Keep us updated ,I am starting to apply for non b have registered and so far have got to The page where you have to scan/upload passport and picture.

just use the flight number of the airline you are probably going to fly in with.

Edited by taninthai

Nightmare,   I called the embassy and the lady was nice but ask me to attach multiple pdf files as there were not enough slots for what I need, now I cant reduce the size enough for there 0.5mbs.   this is taking hours of work,   far from simple. 

19 hours ago, JayJay2 said:

Nightmare,   I called the embassy and the lady was nice but ask me to attach multiple pdf files as there were not enough slots for what I need, now I cant reduce the size enough for there 0.5mbs.   this is taking hours of work,   far from simple. 

There are pdf file size reduction programs available - just Google.

On 6/17/2019 at 6:49 PM, patinchis said:

I have read the application guide process cos I intend to apply for a new O-A here in London, does one have to upload and send all asked for online ,then take the same documents personally after making an appointment ( or posting)...or is it one or the other...but confused

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Hi

Just interested in how are you or any one else come to that, goes to get a medical certificate (In the UK)
In have read 500 pounds being banted about from private sources.

Just curious on how you are approaching this as i am looking in to this as one option of getting this type of visa (i am single not married)

Regards

TB

On 6/15/2019 at 4:02 PM, markt42 said:

I have been trying all morning to apply for a long stay visa online, the service started today. The website is very glitchy and does not seem to be working properly. It wont accept my id photo and when you try to check it with their online verification that doesn't work, when i e-mailed them for help through their message service the mail bounces back as not available so clearly a few things to iron out. Has anyone yet managed to navigate this site successfully?

I am in Bangkok in a few days and wondered if anyone had managed to obtain an "O" visa from there? I know technically you are supposed to do this from your home country but its worth asking.

Found this which was part of Non o-a Longstay visa requirements at the link below seems to suggest you can submit the docs here in Thailand but the question that perplexes me if you can does that mean you can get the Medical certificate from here in Thailand which i assume would be a bit cheaper than getting it from the Uk and one would save quite a bit of cash by not having the cost and stay by going back to the Uk

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

Non-Immigrant Visa  “O-A” (Long Stay)

3. Channels to submit application

Applicant may submit their application at the Royal Thai embassy or Royal Thai Consulate-General in their home/residence country or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand located onGovernment Center B, Chaengwattana Soi 7, Laksi, Bangkok 10210, Tel 0-2141-9889.

Regards

TB

10 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Hi

Just interested in how are you or any one else come to that, goes to get a medical certificate (In the UK)
In have read 500 pounds being banted about from private sources.

Just curious on how you are approaching this as i am looking in to this as one option of getting this type of visa (i am single not married)

Regards

TB

Download the form and take it to your GP.

I've heard of charges varying from £40 - £80, but not £500.

The criminal record check is £45.

If the O-A is your choice, do it quickly before the proposed condition of Medical Insurance becomes statutory to the requirements.

5 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

Found this which was part of Non o-a Longstay visa requirements at the link below seems to suggest you can submit the docs here in Thailand but the question that perplexes me if you can does that mean you can get the Medical certificate from here in Thailand which i assume would be a bit cheaper than getting it from the Uk and one would save quite a bit of cash by not having the cost and stay by going back to the Uk

http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

No you can't, that information is incorrect.

The O-A can only be issued in a Country where you have permanent residency status.

26 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

No you can't, that information is incorrect.

The O-A can only be issued in a Country where you have permanent residency status.

seems in this thread/Topic quite a few people are doing it

I might have missed some thing but i am open to being corrected

Regards

TB

8 minutes ago, tigerbalm said:

seems in this thread/Topic quite a few people are doing it

I might have missed some thing but i am open to being corrected

Regards

TB

That is an extension application (permit).

You must obtain a Non Imm Visa initially, then you extend (extension) your permission of stay each year.

'Non O Extension' is just a figure of speech.

Extending permission of stay from a Non O Visa.

A Visa cannot be extended, it becomes invalid on the 'enter before' date.

41 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Download the form and take it to your GP.

I've heard of charges varying from £40 - £80, but not £500.

The criminal record check is £45.

If the O-A is your choice, do it quickly before the proposed condition of Medical Insurance becomes statutory to the requirements.

Thanks that is what i was looking for, i think i will phone my GP Surgery and ask if i can do that and what are the charges, just to make sure. 

Yes the medical insurance slipped my mind i will have to go thru some posts to find out more about when it will be coming in to force (just another hurdle i suppose).

Thanks for bringing it to my attention

Regards

TB