VIDEO: Thai police expertly take down armed suspect at hospital in Bangkok

rooster59

18 hours ago, fasteddie said:

And all without filling him full of lead, take note ''exceptional'' ones!

Nah, if i was that copper i would have just shot him in the kneecap.

Why get the chance of getting stabbed in the line of duty?

And why have a gun in a knife fight and not use it?

I hope that the hospital had a psych ward. Quick admission and on to proper medication. The guy was very lucky that these policemen showed extreme restraint in dealing with the situation. I tip my hat to them.

32 minutes ago, Ulic said:

I hope that the hospital had a psych ward. Quick admission and on to proper medication. The guy was very lucky that these policemen showed extreme restraint in dealing with the situation. I tip my hat to them.

you don't need a psych ward for drug addicts .....  just prison cells.

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Thai police do an exceptionally good job at subduing deranged individuals. Very commendable job performance.

Very professional, a pleasure to watch, especially the use of the radio's to communicate!

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

Nah, if i was that copper i would have just shot him in the kneecap.

Why get the chance of getting stabbed in the line of duty?

And why have a gun in a knife fight and not use it?

In Oz they would have shot him, a man with a knife can kill and armed man is seconds! They obviously worried about the trauma to patients in the hospital!

Well done to the police. I am so surprised and full of admiration. That is the first time I have seen Thai police do anything that might endanger themselves. That guy is so lucky. In the US - the land of the free, and other bullshit - he would have been dead from a hail of bullets from gun-toting patients before the cops got there.

19 hours ago, Gecko123 said:

Thai police do an exceptionally good job at subduing deranged individuals. Very commendable job performance.

it seems being threatened with a knife /deadly weapon is reason to have gun drawn short of the cop being a skilled martial artist with that wooden stick. 

It's hard for me to believe this is for real.

How the cops walk in the hospital: so relaxed and not even prepare for drawing their guns; how the first guy get caught so easely, how the second guy see this, walks up to the first cop and not even try to do something to "help" his buddy. And then at last how easely he also get floored without even a fight.

Looks more like a promotion movie to me.

I have never been a police officer but I reckon the cop who restrained the first idiot was lucky to escape a stabbing. Second cop let him walk over to his completely vulnerable partner ( restraining the first guy) waving around his knife and still in a deranged state. Partner did not go with him. More luck than anything that he chose not to use it.

If I was his partner I would not be too happy watching my partner neglect my safety in the video. 

Reckon crazy knife guy would have a few holes in him if he tried that move in the West.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived