Immigration crackdown sees thousands arrested in northeast Thailand

rooster59

3 hours ago, moonseeker said:

People reading the daily headlines about crackdowns on foreigners must feel really welcome in this country. Never heard of anything similar... Not much however anymore to read about HUB of this and that lately... 

MS>

You are following Thai news hence you see this news. You don't follow other country's news, hence you don't see this. Of course this happens in a lot of countries!

Why would you not feel welcome? Are you illegally staying here? 

The immigration mentioned before: good guys in, bad guys out

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I use an agent for three reasons:

01 - Convenience

02 - I haven't got the dosh to do as the Thai authorities would like.

03 - protection.

My agent is well connected. If the BinB, the IO, or the army, arrived at my door, the first call would be to my agent.

Don't be so naive, is your agent Thai or farang?

Agents are only interested in your money from the bribes they

set up.

Once you pay and have your permission to stay, your on your

own if a high ranking IO or police want to check out your status

for whatever reason.

They're not going to sacrifice their gravy train for a single person,

or put themselves in the firing line if the rank is above their own.

15 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

and so many bleating about leaving because they can't afford it - wait, what happened to all the money they are 'putting in' ????????????

Spent on a daily basis! Duh!

4 hours ago, Dragon Master 01 said:

I sure hope so 

There has been far to much dishonesty by foreigners over the years and them and all their mates think they can get away with anything as long as if their fought can pay a dishonest Officrr a bribe and everything will be ok and go away even if they have killed one of the locals 

It's about time it was all stopped and people suffer the harshest punishments that can be given to them in Thailand not deported back to their own countries so they can come back and do the same over and over again

If things are changed maybe the Thai women might find decent husbands instead of being used, abused and then killed by foreigners 

if their fought can pay a dishonest Officrr a bribe and everything will be ok and go away even if they have killed one of the locals 

"If their fought" ?

"even if they have killed one of the locals"  And how often has that happened compared to the number of times that tourists/ex pats have been scammed, assaulted, robbed, raped or murdered? 

19 minutes ago, bluejets said:

2,274 so that's 162.4 a day.

Certainly is a LOT of leg work.

Makes one wonder how it was achieved.

This was for the whole Division 4 sector which covers the 

whole of the NorthEast of Thailand which is a vast area with

many Cities, Town's and villages.

4 hours ago, owl sees all said:

I use an agent for three reasons:

01 - Convenience

02 - I haven't got the dosh to do as the Thai authorities would like.

03 - protection.

My agent is well connected. If the BinB, the IO, or the army, arrived at my door, the first call would be to my agent.

No doubt the second call would be to your embassy from the IDC after the agent denies all knowledge and does a runner.

50 minutes ago, sambum said:

if their fought can pay a dishonest Officrr a bribe and everything will be ok and go away even if they have killed one of the locals 

"If their fought" ?

"even if they have killed one of the locals"  And how often has that happened compared to the number of times that tourists/ex pats have been scammed, assaulted, robbed, raped or murdered? 

Do a little research into the history of TVF. Not pleasant.

19 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Not even Thai teachers at schools use the real word for foreigners: Khun ( Mr.) Kru ( teacher) Dangchat ( foreigner) ( Ajarn) ( higher teacher), or just your name, especially when they know you for a couple of years. 

Some use "mun" or "an", words for thing.

Ajarn is not a higher teacher. Teachers are never called "khun". To get respect, you must give it.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

What do you think the difference is?

I have always thought that Farang meant white westerners, but I also read that people from outside Asia

can be classed as farangs, ie African countries.

10 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have always thought that Farang meant white westerners, but I also read that people from outside Asia

can be classed as farangs, ie African countries.

farang is generally referred to as westerners.

arresting and deporting 15 cameroons for illegally cutting protected trees. thats what i call a good job. well done.

um, i think most of the more than 2000 arrested foreigners are not western farang but most likely people from Laos and Vietnam. Married to a Thai, living and working here since many years, and now just like the farang, suddenly hit by the new finacial rules. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:28 PM, RJRS1301 said:

287 had been refused entry.

If refused entry, how did they get in?????

We may assume through one spot without any checkpoint and there are a lot of such places … :whistling: 

Funny old country.  Tm30's 90 day reports.  Police visit to your home,  visa extension yr after yr after yr.  Complete crap treatment and criminally racist if in a real country. Married legally to a Thai citizen and still no path as per the rules to citizenship.  Always the unwritten rules,  a hurdle they are.  'Yoda'

3 minutes ago, Naamblar2014 said:

Funny old country.  Tm30's 90 day reports.  Police visit to your home,  visa extension yr after yr after yr.  Complete crap treatment and criminally racist if in a real country. Married legally to a Thai citizen and still no path as per the rules to citizenship.  Always the unwritten rules,  a hurdle they are.  'Yoda'

If you don't like the country why would you want to be a citizen?  

On 6/15/2019 at 2:22 PM, steven100 said:

This is just disgraceful ....  those pesky farang are giving Thailand a bad name.

The word Farang is used for person of white race no matter where they may come from, isn't it? It will not be used for Asian and Africans. African-Americans will sometimes also be known as farang or as farang dam.

In the article no farang has been mentioned. The majority of migration law violators are not farangs, isn't it? 

Archived