Immigration crackdown sees thousands arrested in northeast Thailand

rooster59

On 6/15/2019 at 12:21 PM, rooster59 said:

The arrests included 15 Cameroonians who were charged with chopping down protected trees in Korat,

who needs those protected trees? that is the question! there are a lot of trees, protected or not, in africa let alone in cameroon. i don't see why cameroonians would travel all the way from africa to thailand in order to chop down trees.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

If you don't like the country why would you want to be a citizen?  

I have a wife and daughter,  so that's why.  I like the people in the country and I enjoyed the climate.  I would be OK retiring here if not for all the govt bull xxxx

2 minutes ago, Pique Dard said:

who needs those protected trees? that is the question! there are a lot of trees, protected or not, in africa let alone in cameroon. i don't see why cameroonians would travel all the way from africa to thailand in order to chop down trees.

Cameroon in thai means clitoris.  Seriously camharoon

To have this many people here illegally would seem to indicate a lack of attention for quite awhile. And it sounds like several are very definitely not the type of people you want to have in the country. Sounds like immigration control was a big joke.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:47 PM, Mitkof Island said:

Udon Thani will be a ghost town soon as foreigners flee the girly bars and make a midnight run to Cambodia.

dont worry darling i will come and visit you looking at your profile picture im here legally also 

Great news! 

2.274 criminals arrested(!) in 14 days. Working 8 hour every day of the week, gives the number of arrests, 20 individuals per hour! 

This only in one cam part of Thailand. I don´t think there is another country, arrestering 20 criminals an hour to find.

Incredible good work done! Keep on the good work, in a year another 55.000 will be arrested. Big Joke must be ashamed with his promises of the bad guys out.

"This is just disgraceful ....  those pesky farang are giving Thailand a bad name."

FYI anybody in Thailand from an ASEAN Country are not Farrangs, they are called Laotian, Philippians, Cambodians, etc. depending upon their Nationality, never a Farrang.

18 hours ago, Kerryd said:

Here's a pic of the Mekong taken in April 2018, in Nong Khai looking across into Laos:
1557277688_MekongRiverandLaos-April2018.thumb.jpg.fcafa6b28cb961b06bb6dec6cffc1383.jpg

I imagine it wouldn't be too hard to paddle across in the dark. In other places (along the borders with Cambodia and Myanmar for example) people probably just find a secluded area and walk through the jungle.

I'm sure there are thousands of places along the border(s) where people can cross undetected at almost any time of the day.

It was the idea of swimming across it that got me, it's wide with a strong current, there'd be plenty of dead swimmers...

12 minutes ago, zyphodb said:

It was the idea of swimming across it that got me, it's wide with a strong current, there'd be plenty of dead swimmers...

Well said zyphodb.

The big problem, when it all kicks off, is actually getting across the river undetected. So wearing a bright floating device to stop sinking would make us easy targets for the aggressors. Can you just imagine the situation. Crowds lining the banks and cheering as one farang after another takes a hit.

We are sitting ducks here. Especially those that indulge in social media.

Got to go,,  a tank has just stopped outside the house.

So, they get criticized when they do their jobs and also when they don't. 

"Where I come from, my whole world's perfect. That's why I'm here on a Thailand-related forum examining every word in detail and nit-picking everything else."

5 minutes ago, Expat Tom said:

And the girls in the Russian bars on Walking Street in Pattaya are 'untouchable'? Why? Who got paid on that one and why do we need Russian hookers in Thailand....just asking. BTW, I prefer Thai ladies over Russians any day. 

I wouldn't say untouchable.  

rus.gif

rus2.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 6:17 PM, Solinvictus said:

He is new. He needs to put his foot down from the start.

Quite a number that is, 2,274. Would he ever address some of the reasons why/how they are here to his superiors? That may lead to the root of their ability to stay here..Nope he wont, at least that's my guess.

But 2,274 sure does look good doesn't it.

#Twisted

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:28 PM, RJRS1301 said:

287 had been refused entry.

If refused entry, how did they get in?????

Yes you can only blame  immigration .I think the big chief should question his staff.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:59 PM, Raymonddiaz said:

These bloody foreigners.. They are so bad and thais are so good people. Get rid of them all... 

I would like to report foreign girls, obviously not Thai working in walking street and Nana.

On 6/15/2019 at 7:49 PM, owl sees all said:

Simply swim across the Mekong. Easy peasy.

Not at my age ,  the rowing boats are  more popular , in the dark hours..555

20 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

I would like to report foreign girls, obviously not Thai working in walking street and Nana.

This is easy - just walk up to them and insist they hand over a copy of their ID. Wearing a gopro camera on your hat will help you capture any evidence. Do please report back how it goes. 

On 6/16/2019 at 1:38 PM, CMNightRider said:

I guess none of the western countries were interested in colonizing them. ????

They benefitted from being strategically located between British colonised territory and French. Early 20th century plans to divide the territory hit the wall with the rise of Nazi Germany, hence Hitler was never really viewed in quite the same way here as he was in the west. 

• 1 month later...

Archived