Retirement Visa for Spouse (non UK national)

I've been reading this forum for a couple of years and always impressed with the knowledge of the senior members.

I'm a UK passport holder planning on applying for a Thai retirement visa later in the year. I understand there are a couple of steps involved: 1 Obtain a Non Immigrant Visa, 2 Obtain a 1 year retirement visa. I can meet the basic requirements such as over 50, proof of funds deposited in Thai bank for three months (ThB 800k), police clearance, medical insurance, etc.

My query is about my wife's status. She is an Argentinean national/passport holder. Can she be included on the retirement visa? Will we need to satisfy any additional financial requirements above and beyond those required for me (ThB 800k in Thai bank). Or, due to her nationality, would she need to apply for (is she eligible for) a separate retirement visa? 

Any advise or input is very welcomed. Thank you!

She can do either - come with you as your spouse without financials or obtain her own retirement visa (if age 50 or over).  The issue is if you die and she is spouse would not be able to remain in Thailand (without a change).  In any case she would have to obtain O visa and extend yearly (to match you if as spouse).

You do not require medical or police for normal non immigrant O visa 90 day entry - that is required for the one year pre approved extension provided by O-A visa from your home country.

• Like 1

She can get an extension for being a member of your family based upon your extension of stay based upon retirement. It will end on the same day your extension of stay ends.

No financial proof will needed for her extension.

She will first need a non-o visa to apply. The non-o visa will need to applied for at a embassy or consulate.

To apply for the her extension your marriage certificate legalized by the country that issued it. If not in English it would have to be translated to Thai and the translation be certified by the Department of Consular Affairs of the MFA in Bangkok.