Your marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Copy of your passport photo page, a completed application form with 2 photos attached.

No financial proof is needed.

• Thanks 1

Exactly what I used one year ago as @ubonjoe mentioned above, I did my non o bases on marriage visa in Teo days in savannakhet for 5k, my question is how I have to renew it, I’m admired in the country until end of July, is it ok to do it now ? What do I need to show? Just same documents? Does this documents expire and must be renewed in Bangkok before going straight there? Thanks @ubonjoe

7 minutes ago, southruben said:

Exactly what I used one year ago as @ubonjoe mentioned above, I did my non o bases on marriage visa in Teo days in savannakhet for 5k, my question is how I have to renew it, I’m admired in the country until end of July, is it ok to do it now ? What do I need to show? Just same documents? Does this documents expire and must be renewed in Bangkok before going straight there? Thanks @ubonjoe

You can get another 90 day entry if you use  your visa on or before the day your visa expires. And then apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife that will allow almost 17 months of total stay from your visa.

You can apply for a new visa before it expires if needed.

None of the documents needed can be renewed anywhere other than your passport.

20 hours ago, arthur john said:

what paper work required at savannakhet for non o multi based on marriage 

also any financial requirements thanks

Another member recently reported that they were asked for a bank statement, but it’s unclear how much money was supposed to be in the bank.

That could just be a one off.

18 minutes ago, elviajero said:

Another member recently reported that they were asked for a bank statement, but it’s unclear how much money was supposed to be in the bank.

That could just be a one off.

can you link that please?

are you sure this was not for an Extension?

46 minutes ago, kralledr said:

can you link that please?

are you sure this was not for an Extension?

Sorry but I didn't take a note of the topic. It wouldn't help much anyway as they were vague about why a bank statement was requested, or how much they were supposed to show.

It was defiantly a ME Non 'O' application at Savannakhet.

No one else has reported requiring a bank statement since, but it's worth knowing about and having access to your bank statement should you need to provide it. 

With the way things are going I am now convinced financials will soon be required at Savannakhet, even if it's just 20K.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, fourpack said:

No financials are required for a non o based on marriage at all in Savanakhet.

The above post I regard as scare mungering.

I would call it useful background information. Be prepared.

21 minutes ago, pontious said:

I would call it useful background information. Be prepared.

Im informed by a good friend a couple of years ago same bloke saying the same thing. So given that information I would say scare mongering.

29 minutes ago, kralledr said:

can i get a re entry permit on my 90 day stamp?

Yes you can apply for a re-entry permit to keep the remainder of the 90 permit stay valid when you use it to enter the country.

4 hours ago, elviajero said:

At the moment! Call it scaremongering if you like, but I follow these things closely and the writings on the wall. Regardless, at least you now know how to spell scaremongering.

It also appears, from a recent website update, that the London embassy are stopping ME non ‘O’ visas. Until recently they too issued them without financials.

I’m not trying to scare anyone, just passing on information and informed opinion.

With the recent changes I bet ME ‘O’ applications are increasing as people try to get around the financials for extensions of stay, and when that number gets too high the authorities will close that loophole as they’ve done before with other visas.

I would expect this sort of replying from a scolded brat. Not someone who tries to come across as a know it all. A NON O for your information is not a loophole as you say it is a valid legal Visa. Beacuse you don't like people on it for whatever reasons you have does not mean it's a loophole.

0s if your going to try to be a crammer police freak. Suggest you start with your own posts.

Have a grumpy nice life

Edited by fourpack
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

This is a laughable forum seems to me it's an arse licking contest and if you happen to disagree with a arse liker then the grammar police arrive to deflect criticism.

Everything I was told about this forum is so true.

Only person on here with any real answers is Joe.

So I'm off to a real helpfull non arse liking Thailand Forum and leave you grumps and wanna be's to it

Edited by fourpack
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, fourpack said:

This is a laughable forum seems to me it's an arse licking contest and if you happen to disagree with a arse liker then the grammar police arrive to deflect criticism.

Everything I was told about this forum is so true.

Only person on here with any real answers is Joe.

So I'm off to a real helpfull non arse liking Thailand Forum and leave you grumps and wanna be's to it

got out of the wrong side of the bed did we?

If you don't like the forum as is, leave and certainly don't post. People here are trying to be helpful.  The information contained here on TV has helped hundreds if not thousands of us navigate the complex and ever changing visa and extension system here. We all have different experiences and it is the sum of all of those that make this forum so valuable.  Ubon Joe, good as he (?) is is not the only one with pertinent knowledge and recent experience. 

Edited by Pilotman

39 minutes ago, fourpack said:

I would expect this sort of replying from a scolded brat. Not someone who tries to come across as a know it all. A NON O for your information is not a loophole as you say it is a valid legal Visa. Beacuse you don't like people on it for whatever reasons you have does not mean it's a loophole.

0s if your going to try to be a crammer police freak. Suggest you start with your own posts.

Have a grumpy nice life

Fact: Since by far the biggest majority of foreigners now have to provide evidence of income in a Thai bank account, there has been a large increase in the numbers now obtaining the Non O as an alternative.

A new appointment system at Vientiane, hundreds now queuing at Savannakhet.

The Non O, is not a loophole, but whilst Thai Immigration set financial requirements to support long term stays in Thailand, then Embassies/Consulates issue a Visa (Non O) equivalent in timeframe to an annual extension, without any financial proof.

That is a 'loophole' in the system.

Loophole: an ambiguity or inadequacy in the law or a set of rules.

Edited by Tanoshi
  • Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 6:06 PM, ubonjoe said:

Your marriage certificate and a copy of it, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Copy of your passport photo page, a completed application form with 2 photos attached.

No financial proof is needed.

Hi UJ we have 2 marriage certs issued to us when we got married one for the wife & 1 for me do we need copies of both ? also I take it this should be copied with both sides of the marriage cert plus what about the Kor Ror 2 or 3 the one your local Amphe issues to prove you are still married do you need this ?

18 minutes ago, JASON THAI said:

Hi UJ we have 2 marriage certs issued to us when we got married one for the wife & 1 for me do we need copies of both ? also I take it this should be copied with both sides of the marriage cert plus what about the Kor Ror 2 or 3 the one your local Amphe issues to prove you are still married do you need this ?

The marriage certificates are the same. (Kor Ror 3)

You need a new Kor Ror 2 every year.

6 hours ago, fourpack said:

Have a grumpy nice life

I didn’t police your grammar, but I’m sorely tempted with your last effort. I pointed out your challenge at twice misspelling a key word in your critique of me.

I have nothing against people using a ME visa to live in the country and I’ve helped many people get one. I currently have one myself.

The ME Non ‘O’ visa is meant for people living outside of Thailand that want to visit multiple times during the year. It is not meant to be used to live in the country. Thai immigration have tolerated that practice for years which enables people to — bypass the financial requirements or avoid dealing with local immigration. That’s the epitome of a loophole.

Visas come and go over time and often get pulled once too many people are taking advantage of a loophole in the visa system.

• Like 1