Mae Sai visa

pomchop

I've been out of thailand for several years now but used to go to mae sai fairly regularly.

Can someone update me on current status....I plan to arrive BKK with no visa, just get the 30 day exemption.  If i cross to mae sai before the end of 30 days and then re enter on same day do I get an extra 30 days?  I would only do it once and have not done it in couple of years.

4 hours ago, pomchop said:

thanks...so if i am reading this correctly as a USA citz seems i get extra 30 days when crossing out/in at mae sai.

Sort of , you will get a 30 day visa exempt stamp, which can be extended at immigration for another 30 days for 1900 Baht

9 hours ago, Randell said:

I haven't done it myself in a while but have read that you only get 15 days not 30 anymore. But I am sure someone with 100% knowledge will answer soon. Welcome back

That is wrong. It is 30 days with very few exceptions.

Txs all.  I only need 60 days total so I will get 30 on initial arrival at BKK airport then cross to Mae Sai and get 30 more when i re enter Thailand.  I prefer to do the Mae Sai crossing rather than the 1900 baht visit to immigration as it is just more fun/convenient.

You have to visit the immigration office now after you have left the country for a visa renewal
Also biometrics at the border now

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

You have to show proof of where you are staying also
If you have a wife /GF take her with you,it makes the whole process alot more simple[emoji106]

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

On 6/17/2019 at 12:21 AM, pomchop said:

Txs all.  I only need 60 days total so I will get 30 on initial arrival at BKK airport then cross to Mae Sai and get 30 more when i re enter Thailand.  I prefer to do the Mae Sai crossing rather than the 1900 baht visit to immigration as it is just more fun/convenient.

Just to be safe, you can get a single entry tourist visa by mail while in your country. That provides a 60 day stay. And it costs less that the 1900B extension. Also saves you the hassle of changing flight tickets and departing to Myanmar. 

Archived