Aerox 155 modifications

hellex

Hello !

I have an Aerox 155 and i recently changed CVT, air filter, gear and body throttle but i dont feel a great change, a little more acceleration but i expected much more with all the new parts...

I'm thinking maybe it's because i need to change ecubox to reprogram injection, what do you think ?

Do you have any advice to make it faster ?

Thanks !

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Agusts said:

Change variator rollers to a lighter one... cheap solution.

For expensive solution buy a full Malossi kit, that has rollers and other parts...

I already changed variator and weights + body throttle + gear + air filter...

64392854_357628468230655_6173174151151353856_n.jpg

Edited by hellex

Thanks for your answers.
If i change later, it will be for a real bike, now i like my aerox, just need a few changes...

I put another pulley and it works much better, this week i will istall a Akrapovic exhaust and change the springs of clutch, i think it will be cool ???? i'll let you know if you are interested

I have a last question, the guy from the shop today told me that because i have changed the throttle body, i need to change injectors to make it efficient...anyone knows ?

Dunno about that one but i know that most larger cc fuel injected bikes allow some basic mods before you have to start playing with fuel management.

for example i had a 2018 z900 i put an Akropovic full system on it and it needed no feeling mods and i could have put a "better" air filter on it and the computer would have handled that but to get the most out of it i should have had it "Re-Flashed"

Best answer is ride it and if you are happy leave it be.

please post your findings as i am interested in how it works out.

I am playing with our aero and just bought after market rear shock to handle my weight better.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

i should have had it "Re-Flashed"

So it's possible to reflash it instead of changing it ?

58 minutes ago, moose7117 said:

please post your findings as i am interested in how it works out

Sure I will ! ????

I checked the spark plug, do you think it's ok ? I'm scared it's lean ...(see photo below)

64776129_470277633705954_5728240991261949952_n.jpg

I went in poom sap, i changed injectors and controled with a probe now it's ok.

I changed exhaust for a Akrapovic but actually I have less speed and torque, that sucks... I will try different weights setting and if it's not better put back the stock exhaust.

I stll can put a Ecu but money again.

• 7 months later...
On 6/17/2019 at 8:32 PM, hellex said:

Thanks for your answers.
If i change later, it will be for a real bike, now i like my aerox, just need a few changes...

I put another pulley and it works much better, this week i will istall a Akrapovic exhaust and change the springs of clutch, i think it will be cool ???? i'll let you know if you are interested

I have a last question, the guy from the shop today told me that because i have changed the throttle body, i need to change injectors to make it efficient...anyone knows ?

what shop are you dealing wiht?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:17 AM, moose7117 said:

i can understand WHY!

but really why bother?

it's a 155cc scooter and at the end of the day it will be a slightly faster 155cc scooter, save your money and buy a bigger capacity scooter, Forza, T-max or new BMW even a MaxSym 400 or 600.

i bought an old T-Max in OZ and it was worth every cent.

The thing is i like the size of the aerox, the bigger bikes (had a 650cc) are bigger in size too. That negates the usefulness of the bike. I like the size of the Aerox but would like more power.

• Like 1

On 6/18/2019 at 7:44 PM, hellex said:

So it's possible to reflash it instead of changing it ?

Sure I will ! ????

I checked the spark plug, do you think it's ok ? I'm scared it's lean ...(see photo below)

64776129_470277633705954_5728240991261949952_n.jpg

plug is fine just showing lean mix likely at low speeds which is typical of fuel injected bikes which are designed for non polluting exhaust. All you will really do with all these mods is outrun your barakes and suspension which is where the money is better spent.  Yamaha did a great job of getting this kind of performance out of a 155cc why does everyone want to spend a small fortune to make it faster?   I think a love of tinkering and too much time on one's hands.  I have done similar myself but on the aerox it's really a waste of time.  Older carbed models suit themselves better to mods. However if you want quicker acceleration changing the rollers is a cheap fix but your fuel economy will go down.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2020 at 7:23 AM, robblok said:

The thing is i like the size of the aerox, the bigger bikes (had a 650cc) are bigger in size too. That negates the usefulness of the bike. I like the size of the Aerox but would like more power.

I was thinking of taking the engine/drivetrain from a Xmax 300 ccm and fit it on the Aerox.

No need to mod engine just go.  It will cost a little , but the fun of a little fast scooter will be worth it, me think.

• Like 1

On 6/16/2019 at 5:01 AM, hellex said:

Do you have any advice to make it faster ?

-How much faster do you wish to go?

-You changed weights to what? From what?

-Upgear kit? Were you hitting the rev limiter?

-Lost torque when fitting exhaust ? Well there's a surprise? 

Edited by VocalNeal

7 hours ago, bkmbkk said:

I was thinking of taking the engine/drivetrain from a Xmax 300 ccm and fit it on the Aerox.

No need to mod engine just go.  It will cost a little , but the fun of a little fast scooter will be worth it, me think.

It ain't going to fit

22 hours ago, bkmbkk said:

Sounds like a great idea.

Go for it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the best mod you can do for the Aerox before replacing the rear shocks is to stiffen up the front forks by adding some extra oil.  Any good shop can do it.  The aerox front forks are WAY too soft I don;t know what Yamaha was thinking.  The weak front shocks make the bike drop too much making the seat uncomfortable as you are sliding forward (I am 85 kilo) and stiffening them up made a difference.  Secondly it took away a lot of the extra motion from the back end as it was moving like a saw horse over the bumps the back would go down and the front up.  Now this is gone and is debatable to change the rear shocks.  Thirdly the ride over rough roads is much improved and the bike more stable and confidence inspiring.  Give it a try.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, losworld said:

Here is the best mod you can do for the Aerox before replacing the rear shocks is to stiffen up the front forks by adding some extra oil.  Any good shop can do it.  The aerox front forks are WAY too soft I don;t know what Yamaha was thinking.  The weak front shocks make the bike drop too much making the seat uncomfortable as you are sliding forward (I am 85 kilo) and stiffening them up made a difference.  Secondly it took away a lot of the extra motion from the back end as it was moving like a saw horse over the bumps the back would go down and the front up.  Now this is gone and is debatable to change the rear shocks.  Thirdly the ride over rough roads is much improved and the bike more stable and confidence inspiring.  Give it a try.

Agreed. Did this as well as mine bottomed out when under hard braking especially if I hit small bumps in the road.  An easy and cheap mod.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...