Pheu Thai warns Prayut not to skip House meetings

rooster59

5 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

I wonder if, and how he will respond to being the leader of a "democratically elected" government. This guy is not used to being told what to do, except by the guys who put him in this position. He can handle it from them. But, from the opposition party? Expect a coup in the house!

I have no idea if he was an effective general, nor what it takes to do so. Not like he has been challenged with overseas conflicts, where he needed to show his military acumen. In the past five years he has demonstrated how incredibly inept, incompetent, non visionary, and hapless a leader he is. Hopefully, he will be taken to task for his continued astonishing levels of incompetency. 

Agree. Bottom line is after it's all officially up and running how long will it be before he explodes? I'm guessing not long.

Then what happens when the media and the opposition (in and out of parliament) take him to task over his 'explosion', and then....

Roll on more young intelligent no baggage folks making new genuine parties which build to the point where their power along with FF silences the current mess because they have no credible defence either words or policies or actions and they fragment and fall away. 

Tall order but let's hope it comes soon / comes quickly. 

8 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Question Time. Always fun to watch.

This is what happens when you pretend to cease being a coup-leading general & start being a civilian PM. He's gonna havta continue pretending!

Different suit different duties.. this is going to get interesting.

If I was him I would be ensuring his and his supporting parties to be in the house at all times while the Pheu Thai scumbags are about. After all Pheu Thai changing voted house bills to present to the Senate is standard democratic statue

I think its a foregone conclusion that he will make a complete of himself, as soon as he faces criticism from other M.P.'s. Hopefully, this will show the whole populace what he is really like, and also show his total lack of ability to run the country, with his limited, if any, knowledge of politics.

What do you expect from someone with a military academy education? He might not even be a able to order a noodle bowl in a foreign country.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

He could always go on visits to other countries, shopping, or just not bother turning up and answering any questions. Just like Yingluck used to do!

After all Yingluck never bothered to turn up when Thaksin was ruling the country by proxy!

Indeed. They are stupid enough to think no one remembers the always absent Yingluck and to believe they are some how relevant and that the government give a toss what they demand.

Wonder how much monthly salary their boss pays them to be in opposition and if it's the same as when they were employed in his mock government?

With a magazine of "but,but,but Thaksin tracer rounds", load!

Incidently, before dismissing their relevance (quote 3 of the burst) perhaps you should compare how many seats they won, compared to how many the party which Prayut is about to assume the leadership of won.

11 hours ago, Prairieboy said:

Sadly, he is in that position until the next coup or next election (which may never be called).  If after 5 years the populace does not know what he is like they haven't been paying attention.

Since he has a 4 year term, but the senators have a 5 year term there is a possibility he could keep his position more than 4 more years but I think he will implode by the end of his present term.

2 hours ago, JAG said:

With a magazine of "but,but,but Thaksin tracer rounds", load!

Incidently, before dismissing their relevance (quote 3 of the burst) perhaps you should compare how many seats they won, compared to how many the party which Prayut is about to assume the leadership of won.

Well I guess the truth hurts the idols who have to mention that other folks are doing the 'thaksin, thaksin' re-run but are quick to re-run the somewhat less than honest stuff about 'but they won every election with free and fair elections' etc.

13 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Pheu Thai warns Prayut not to skip House meetings

PM Prayut already has a meeting avoidance solution from last year: cardboard cutouts. These smiling 2 dimensional doppelganger's don't have anger issues, offer better advice, and can attend multiple events simultaneously. Problem solved!

15 hours ago, rooster59 said:

The spokeswoman said it is expected that Prayut would occasionally be grilled by the people’s representatives in the House because he has won the post of prime minister ungraciously through support of 250 senators appointed by the junta.

Prayut is known to have difficulty in controlling his anger and observers believe he will be tested to his limit by opposition MPs.

This could be interesting but ultimately Prayut will tell them to get in line and will find a way to penalize those MPs, both in professional and less than legal, methods. Sounds like the circus is staying in town.

9 hours ago, rkidlad said:

Yes, but there was a coup. We were promised carry on like this would end. You can’t justify everything bad this government do by saying the previous one were no better. That was the point of the coup, no?

Of course he can you silly goose. This is Thailand, the land of take no responsibility.

After all Yingluck never bothered to turn up when Thaksin was ruling the country by proxy!
Yingluck actually ran for office and did not have 250 self appointed senators. Neither did she make the EC cheat tge elections. Good to see tge dictator is now being held accountable, i give it three months before it all come crashing down.

You keep on sounding like a broken record, and you have no credibility left.

Sent from my SM-J730F using Tapatalk

the days of Pheu Thai having the ability to warn anyone are long over...
Considering they are the biggest party in the lower house, and the government is accountable to the lower house, I believe you are mistaken

On 6/16/2019 at 5:57 AM, rooster59 said:

She said Prayut should not try to come up with an excuse just because he does not want to listen to criticism from MPs.

I'm sure he can find a helicopter that can't fly at night, but would probably avoid a secret meeting with property developers.

There is a Thai word fro hypocrisy, but PTP doesn't seem to understand it.

On 6/16/2019 at 8:05 AM, PatOngo said:

I'm sure he will attend every meeting. He just seems to be cut out for it!

Yip. Perfect.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:57 AM, rooster59 said:

Pheu Thai Party spokeswoman Ladawan Wongsriwong on Saturday warned Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha not to skip House meetings or else he would be strongly reprimanded by MPs.

I'm sure he's just quaking in his shoes. what a lot of hot air and waste uf O2.

19 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

He could always go on visits to other countries, shopping, or just not bother turning up and answering any questions. Just like Yingluck used to do!

What was Yinglucks attendance rate compared to others?

What does Yingluck's attendance rates have to do with Prayuth's attendance...? Yep, she didn't have a stellar attendance rate, so this justifies Prayuth not attending too? 

I'm just trying to understand the rationale here, so could anyone of you who keep jumping in with the but but's and defending Prayuth give a good explanation on why would it be justified for him to skip the house meetings? Assuming PTP is 100% controlled by Thaksin and their warning is utterly hypocritical (assuming, a PTP backed PM would not attend either), how would this justify Prayuth not doing it? Are you saying that since someone did something bad and wrong, everyone should be able to do bad and wrong without consequence? Forgive me my apparent stupidity, I'm all for freedom of opinion and everyone having a voice, I'm simply trying to understand the rationale as it seems to be all too common a thing to justify something with "someone did it before" or "the others would do it too", both of which in my opinion are quite terrible as basis for forming an opinion on any thought or action. 

Anyway, following this "someone did it before" train of thought, I think Yingluck did attend some of those meetings back in the day. I don't think the exact numbers are published, but I can easily find several references of her attendance. Again, not a stellar record I presume, but still. Knowing how Prayuth conducts things, I'm hard pushed to believe he will attend even once.. Unless it's a completely controlled event under the guise of a "house meeting" (controlled as in closed doors and no opportunity for anyone to disturb his grandiose ramblings with inappropriate opinions or questions). If it does happen and he does attend and everyone's free to speak and question him, I'll gladly admit being wrong (on this particular thing as even if it were to happen, it would not clear them in my books of their past and future actions, which I still find highly repulsive and oppressive).

Looking forward to Prayut attending his censor debate. He chickened out on his first censure debate and it was a brutal session. The upper house can’t help

him as this only involves the lower House of Representatives. Even Yingluck debated on her censure debate. It will be live and will be fun if he attend. 

4 hours ago, Grossman said:

What does Yingluck's attendance rates have to do with Prayuth's attendance...? Yep, she didn't have a stellar attendance rate, so this justifies Prayuth not attending too? 

I'm just trying to understand the rationale here, so could anyone of you who keep jumping in with the but but's and defending Prayuth give a good explanation on why would it be justified for him to skip the house meetings? Assuming PTP is 100% controlled by Thaksin and their warning is utterly hypocritical (assuming, a PTP backed PM would not attend either), how would this justify Prayuth not doing it? Are you saying that since someone did something bad and wrong, everyone should be able to do bad and wrong without consequence? Forgive me my apparent stupidity, I'm all for freedom of opinion and everyone having a voice, I'm simply trying to understand the rationale as it seems to be all too common a thing to justify something with "someone did it before" or "the others would do it too", both of which in my opinion are quite terrible as basis for forming an opinion on any thought or action. 

Anyway, following this "someone did it before" train of thought, I think Yingluck did attend some of those meetings back in the day. I don't think the exact numbers are published, but I can easily find several references of her attendance. Again, not a stellar record I presume, but still. Knowing how Prayuth conducts things, I'm hard pushed to believe he will attend even once.. Unless it's a completely controlled event under the guise of a "house meeting" (controlled as in closed doors and no opportunity for anyone to disturb his grandiose ramblings with inappropriate opinions or questions). If it does happen and he does attend and everyone's free to speak and question him, I'll gladly admit being wrong (on this particular thing as even if it were to happen, it would not clear them in my books of their past and future actions, which I still find highly repulsive and oppressive).

no ones defending him we are pointing out the hypocrisy of the ptp due to the lack of attendance of yingluck when she was pm, she was always off on shopping sprees etc rather than attend any meetings/sittings as she was meant to. For them to issue this warning is a total joke and shows them up as the pathetic idiots they are which is what we are on about, maybe you should try reading more or more slowly so you can understand it better

no ones defending him we are pointing out the hypocrisy of the ptp due to the lack of attendance of yingluck when she was pm, she was always off on shopping sprees etc rather than attend any meetings/sittings as she was meant to. For them to issue this warning is a total joke and shows them up as the pathetic idiots they are which is what we are on about, maybe you should try reading more or more slowly so you can understand it better

I do believe Yingluck did attend quite a few times, but even if she didn't, it is very good for PTP, a democatic party to make clear to
Prayuth that the days of the rubber stamp parliament, the NLA, and the article 44 nonsense are over.

Can't wait for Prayuth to be questioned about his below par performance in almost every aspect. Again I give him three months...

9 hours ago, seajae said:

Agree, but there still is the point that the generals' attendance record should be monitored and there should be open criticism on this if needed. 

14 hours ago, seajae said:

It seems that Bearboxer cannot, but can you give Yinglucks attendance figures in comparison to others?

Archived