Police seize illegal mosquito repellent, and nutritional supplements

rooster59

Police seize illegal mosquito repellent, and nutritional supplements

Tanakorn Sangiam

1a88921be0ce78ba9198e86716976e0a_small.jpg

BANGKOK, 15 June 2019(NNT) - The Consumer Protection Police Division and the Food and Drugs Administration has announced their raids on illegal factories producing dangerous mosquito repellent and nutritional supplements. Investigations are taking place to find all persons responsible.

The Consumer Protection Police Division’s (CPPD) Commander Sitachakhet Kruwattanaset, along with the Food and Drugs Administration (FDA) Secretary General Tares Krassanairawiwong, have held a press conference on the search operations by CPPD and FDA officials at an illegal Kwang Thong or golden dear brand mosquito repellent coils factory in Nakhon Ratchasima, where 1,300 boxes of coils containing more than 10,000 packages have been confiscated.

The coils manufactured at this factory had not been registered with the FDA, nor were they legally permitted to be manufactured. Inspection by the FDA shows the products are covered with meperfluthrin, a dangerous chemical that can cause confusion, headaches, nausea, vomiting, seizures, and loss of consciousness; its use is a violation of the Hazardous Substance Act.

Officials have also conducted an operation at a factory producing nutritional supplement products containing appetite suppressant Sibutramine, a dangerous chemical which has been declared a prohibited substance in the region. The factory, located in Samut Sakhon, belongs to Nine Cos company limited, the manufacturer of nutritional supplement brands Be Coli, Novy, and Kiwida, all of which display inaccurate information on their packages. These offences are violations of the Food Act. The officials have collected products from the factory to identify any other chemicals in laboratory tests.

Meanwhile, officials have also searched another factory in Pathum Thani, believed to be producing supplements containing Sibutramine in unpackaged pills. The factory was found to be without a factory permit. The CPPD and FDA will conduct more searches and investigatations to find all persons involved. The general public is advised to check for the FDA number on product packaging before a purchase.

nnt_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright nnt 2019-06-16

32 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

FDA shows the products are covered with meperfluthrin, a dangerous chemical that can cause confusion, headaches, nausea, vomiting, seizures, and loss of consciousness; its use is a violation of the Hazardous Substance Act.

So while attempting to kill a mosquito killing or making a human sick along with is a good common sense according to the manufacturers...

No problem! All they need do is pay some influential bent doctors and chemists to declare those particular chemicals are safe. Just like the do with all the other toxic chemicals they use in the Country.

2 hours ago, rooster59 said:

Inspection by the FDA shows the products are covered with meperfluthrin, a dangerous chemical that can cause confusion, headaches, nausea, vomiting, seizures, and loss of consciousness;

People are so weak these days. In the sixties I ate lead based paint, played with mercury and had a radio active glow in the dark watch.   

Look at me. I'm fine.

i am sure i seen you in the bar the other night when we had a power cut, i loved my Hopalong Cassidy glow in the dark watch,  many a happy time in the cupboard under the stairs, telling myself the time, lol

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

People are so weak these days. In the sixties I ate lead based paint, played with mercury and had a radio active glow in the dark watch.   

Look at me. I'm fine.

I had a radioactive glow too in the sixties, as a teenager, every time I was within 3 feet of a girl.

The glow was halfway between my head and my feet. I was mid teens then.

Ahh, those were the days.

7 hours ago, ezzra said:

So while attempting to kill a mosquito killing or making a human sick along with is a good common sense according to the manufacturers...

They was just looking for an alternative to the air we breathe in Thailand thus make it safer

9 hours ago, Cadbury said:

No problem! All they need do is pay some influential bent doctors and chemists to declare those particular chemicals are safe. Just like the do with all the other toxic chemicals they use in the Country.

Lets be honest, they learn bad practice well, probably learnt this one from the USA! The number of people that die there every year from prescription drugs is phenomenal!

Archived