Paperwork required for non B university job

Can anyone tell me what documents are required to get a non B for a uni job? My new employer has never hired a foreigner before and doesn't seem to have a clue. Is there anything different from a regular school teacher apart from the waiver/teaching license? I just want to make sure they give me the correct paperwork.

Not much different that a teaching job for grades lower than the level at university.

No teachers license or a police clearance certificate at some embassies and consulates. Some though will require work permit approval letter to issue one if teaching at a University.

Where will you be doing the application at?

Will be doing at Savannakhet. What do you mean by work permit approval letter? I've never heard of that before. I just got a non O about a month ago,  but the labour office have refused to issue a work permit, so will have to go change visa. Complete bs!

2 minutes ago, scorecard said:

Does 'work permit approval letter' actually mean the letter from the company to accompany the WP application forms and the contract of employment?

No

It is a work permit application approval letter done by the Labor Ministry.

17 minutes ago, Guffman said:

Will be doing at Savannakhet. What do you mean by work permit approval letter? I've never heard of that before. I just got a non O about a month ago,  but the labour office have refused to issue a work permit, so will have to go change visa. Complete bs!

If the non-o visa was not based upon marriage or being the parent of a Thai that is normal for a non-o visa.

The work permit application approval letter will not be need there.

Their requirements are here in Thai. http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate-service/inspect/

But they are about the same as Vientiane's that are here in English.  http://vientiane.thaiembassy.org/upload/pdf/Visa/Non-B teacher.pdf

4 minutes ago, Guffman said:

My non O is based on a Thai child, but maybe the university didn't mention this to the labour office. I will get them to check again tomorrow. It would save a lot of hassle.

Give them a copy of your child's birth certificate to submit with application. That proves the basis for the non-o visa being issued.

When the work permit office see a non-o they may think it is for retirement or for a dependent and such.

I spoke to the hr woman this morning. She said she told them the reason for holding the non O visa, but they still refused to issue the work permit. They will only do it for a non B. A case of a local office making their own rules. Looks like it's back to Laos.