Who is wearing pants in your relationship/marriage?

SoonOh

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ALWAYS the Thai...No matter what expats think or want to believe...She can have us removed from the Land of smiles with one divorce and a phone call to Immigration, as for all your stuff, you can fight for 50/50 but for an easy way out -just walk away.

In this day and age of equality isnt this OP an "old fashioned" view, Why does there have to be a "boss" at all, isnt a relationship all about give n take and compromise, not whose the "boss".

Just saying.

Wife wears my boxers too.  We discuss all major decisions.  I have last word.  She is big wheel at work so no need to be a storm trooper at home.  I was laying on a stretcher in the ICU hooked up to all sorts of tubes and I remember the doctor asking her, "You guarantee payment?  She said yes."  Normally she speaks very polite Thai and that gets us a long way.  Thais have a word for it Gala Tessa.  Ask your wife.  

12 minutes ago, CharlieH said:

In this day and age of equality isnt this OP an "old fashioned" view, Why does there have to be a "boss" at all, isnt a relationship all about give n take and compromise, not whose the "boss".

Just saying.

Mrs Poohy is trying to compose a polite response her initial one it appears would not pass the censors!

44 minutes ago, mike787 said:

ALWAYS the Thai...No matter what expats think or want to believe...She can have us removed from the Land of smiles with one divorce and a phone call to Immigration, as for all your stuff, you can fight for 50/50 but for an easy way out -just walk away.

Nonsense, she can't remove me at all.

I work here, got a Thai child, could go into retirement

Walking away is for people without balls.

6 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Walking away is for people without balls.

Err, you mean women?

Unless you're married to a katoey.

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Normally when out running I wear trousers, but the dog just pants.

My mate Dave does the equality thing so has no prob' wearing the other 'alf's kit but said he finds it difficult to run in heels .. 

IMG_20190616_073651.jpg

1 minute ago, Justgrazing said:

My mate Dave does the equality thing so has no prob' wearing the other 'alf's kit but said he finds it difficult to run in heels .. 

IMG_20190616_073651.jpg

I was under the assumption if he shouted "Heel", the sheep would put them on?

I really don't know. While I am the lord and master to be waited on hand and foot, my Thai GF somehow manages to manoeuvre me into doing what she wants. If I could bottle it, I'd sell it for a fortune to marketers.

27 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Work, child, retirement will make no difference if you are blacklisted or deported.  Kothot Khrup

About every day to day occurrences my wife oversee's & I just cruise along as she does well....If it's a decision we're trying to reach it's generally 50/50 with input from both of us.....

If it's a really big issue or decision she likes me to take the lead.....

Any Thai family decisions (by extension) she handles about 90% of the time - I don't need to insert or assert myself = unless the family asks; which does happen.....

We've never had drama or shouting within our family unit & I don't see it in the extended family either......

Everything is pretty even keeled....

Thai women like strong men, but there's a finely lined threshold there between decision making and an overbearing presence (or bully)....

Archived