English-language newspapers, on/near Bangla?

Grin Grasser

If I wanted to revert to reading an old fashioned newspaper, such as the Bangkok Post, I would start looking for an outlet in the Junk Ceylon or new Central shopping centers close to the top end of Bangla road.

1 hour ago, trd said:
20 hours ago, lopburi3 said:
It ceases printing at the end of this month.  

I believe it's still going to be available but only online.

Yes online only.  The other English language newspaper just changed online format today and not impressed.

On 6/17/2019 at 4:12 PM, ChasingTheSun said:

Hardcopies of both the Nation and Bangkok Post are usually available to read at Starbucks daily.

Thanks.  I prefer to buy a copy and read at my leisure.

I visited Jungceylon but not every one of its nooks and crannies, and walked around many streets.  One result is I have not seen a bookstore, which might sell newspapers and maps.  There are many 7-Elevens and Family Marts, but the ones I tried did not sell a daily newspaper in English.  Five-star hotels may have a lobby shop selling a daily newspaper in English, but such outlets tend to sell at double or more the stated price.  Guess I am stuck with televised news:  BBC, Fox News (mostly opinions), Al Jazeera, NHK World, ABC (Aussie), CGTN, and a Korean channel -- mainly relaying the same main news between many advertisements.  

3 hours ago, Grin Grasser said:

Thanks.  I prefer to buy a copy and read at my leisure.

I visited Jungceylon but not every one of its nooks and crannies, and walked around many streets.  One result is I have not seen a bookstore, which might sell newspapers and maps.  There are many 7-Elevens and Family Marts, but the ones I tried did not sell a daily newspaper in English.  Five-star hotels may have a lobby shop selling a daily newspaper in English, but such outlets tend to sell at double or more the stated price.  Guess I am stuck with televised news:  BBC, Fox News (mostly opinions), Al Jazeera, NHK World, ABC (Aussie), CGTN, and a Korean channel -- mainly relaying the same main news between many advertisements.  

You don’t like using a smartphone or tablet for finding and reading/watching news?

Archived