Aussies. I haters please. Genuine discussion.

tink2mutt

13 hours ago, Nemises said:

Lots of questions, all of which easily obtainable via Mr Google. Seek and you shall find..

I’m off to enjoy this month’s 35,000 extra pocket money emoji383.png money emoji383.png

emoji112.png

Up to you but I agree with madmen.      You're the one that made the post without any meaningful information.

What's wrong with answering his questions?

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Up to you but I agree with madmen.      You're the one that made the post without any meaningful information.

What's wrong with answering his questions?

No need to give the madmen (or you) one’s personal rental details when Syd/Melb/Thai rental costs are readily available on countless numbers of websites to confirm that one could expect to easily save 35,000b a month by renting in Thailand instead of Syd or Melb.

23 minutes ago, Nemises said:

No need to give the madmen (or you) one’s personal rental details when Syd/Melb/Thai rental costs are readily available on countless numbers of websites to confirm that one could expect to easily save 35,000b a month by renting in Thailand instead of Syd or Melb.

That comparison is meaningless. Your comparing the whole of Thailand to Sydney and melbourne 2 of the most expensive cities in the world. Logically you would be comparing to Bangkok where you could quite easily save Nothing or even pay more

That comparison is meaningless. Your comparing the whole of Thailand to Sydney and melbourne 2 of the most expensive cities in the world. Logically you would be comparing to Bangkok where you could quite easily save Nothing or even pay more

Agreed, BKK is more expensive than elsewhere in Thailand, but I couldn’t live in BKK but I enjoy living in most other Thai cities. So for someone coming from Sydney or Melbourne and are happy living in Thai cities other than BKK, they too should expect to easily save 35k a month in rent.

When I do go to BKK, I stay at hotels for about one fifth of the cost of a comparable Sydney or Melbourne hotel.

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

Agreed, BKK is more expensive than elsewhere in Thailand, but I couldn’t live in BKK but I enjoy living in most other Thai cities. So for someone coming from Sydney or Melbourne and are happy living in Thai cities other than BKK, they too should expect to easily save 35k a month in rent.

When I do go to BKK, I stay at hotels for about one fifth of the cost of a comparable Sydney or Melbourne hotel.

You do realise for 9000 baht a month there a plenty of rental properties in OZ if your not staying big cities in oz as well plus you get rent assistance and free medicare plus higher pension with ad ons. So your no better off in thailand unless you live in bars so Thailand maybe puts you in front

5 min search and there are plenty more out there.   https://www.realestate.com.au/rent/between-0-125-in-victoria%3b+/list-1?source=location-search

“Paying more” for rent in BKK than Sydney????

Not according to this link [emoji116]

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_cities.jsp?country1=Australia&city1=Sydney&country2=Thailand&city2=Bangkok

IMG_5041.PNG.6cf240c1813e42917f5535ac1f3cfd02.PNG&key=4acc9641b25a386616c55776c2a52848abd3008f3be523c433774151cd5e659b

On 6/16/2019 at 10:23 PM, madmen said:

And to ad insult to injury the famous old boring t shirts saying no money no honey all of a sudden become annoying to look at emoji383.png

Lady drinks - compare for that occasional night out: Thailand admission $0, the USA $10-$20 (wanna bar hop?); beer (Th) $4, (USA) $5-$20; a 20-minute hands-on lady drink (Th) $6, (USA) 2-minute hands-off table wiggle $20. Hands-on $40. But you might get three for $100 if laws permit such ribaldry. The frequent stage tipping expected elsewhere is not included in the above.

Lady drinks - compare for that occasional night out: Thailand admission $0, the USA $10-$20 (wanna bar hop?); beer (Th) $4, (USA) $5-$20; a 20-minute hands-on lady drink (Th) $6, (USA) 2-minute hands-off table wiggle $20. Hands-on $40.

2hour oil massage:

(Aus) $120 - $140

(Th) $20-22

car accident, bus accident, Stroke , heart attack, surgery

3 million baht ! ????

Insurance premium IF you can even get it wipes out the lady drinks and massage bonus . With the Oz dollar falling off the charts its dire straights for the pensioners

On 6/16/2019 at 12:08 PM, madmen said:

ughh so disgusting with additives forcing a full ban anywhere on the planet except thailand, still it's a great price for poison which costs a lot more than that.

Full ban?? You can buy chang in the usa, not that you'd want too.

13 minutes ago, Nemises said:

Whiskey (700ml bottle)...

AU: 900b

TH: 340b

Ok mr cherry picker..cheese, wine (not 25% fruit lol) rib eye, lamb, salamis..all deli food

Much cheaper!

medical insurance freeeeeeeeeeeee now thats truly priceless

Well..Australia is a big place-a well worn cliche as I know well.Not everybody lives in Sydney or Melbourne.

As far as the East coast is concerned it is one linked conurbation from Geelong in Victoria to Caboolture in Queensland.

Plenty of lifestyles at hand if one goes and looks for it.

10 minutes ago, Odysseus123 said:

Well..Australia is a big place-a well worn cliche as I know well.Not everybody lives in Sydney or Melbourne.

As far as the East coast is concerned it is one linked conurbation from Geelong in Victoria to Caboolture in Queensland.

Plenty of lifestyles at hand if one goes and looks for it.

Basing cost of living the whole of small town Thailand vs Sydney and melbourne was kind of a silly post, Polar opposites in fact

Your still comparing Sydney to your one horse village town? why lol its bizarre!!

You’re wrong again. Just like you were horribly wrong when you posted that Sydney and BKK rent prices “are the same or even cheaper in Sydney”.  Here’s the truth: Image1560863167.774824.jpg.6d793a3a397016cfdd7146517874a523.jpg&key=431ce0585df80f4b12bd064de59d985f978715a5d5768e4903a98a103e986c8e

The swim/gym prices are NOT from Sydney. In fact not even from a capital city.

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

You’re wrong again. Just like you were horribly wrong when you posted that Sydney and BKK rent prices “are the same or even cheaper in Sydney”.  Here’s the truth: Image1560863167.774824.jpg.6d793a3a397016cfdd7146517874a523.jpg&key=431ce0585df80f4b12bd064de59d985f978715a5d5768e4903a98a103e986c8e

The swim/gym prices are NOT from Sydney. In fact not even from a capital city.

The truth ????

You couldn't lie straight in bed . You quoted me from your dodgy memory and not what I said. Wanna try again? 

And you dont live in Bangkok your out in the sticks somewhere and STILL COMPARING to sydney pricing..

I gave you a comparison link to small town condos in OZ for 9000 bht/ per month

That is what you should be comparing your home in Thailand  to but your not getting it

what is wrong with you ??

GA will require a doctor did you have a GA in Aus? can you specify what the breakdown was on the bill?  it will tell you how much the GA was. What treatment did you have? what was the total cost in THB?

GA was 25,000 baht. The two extractions and some extras were another 10,000. Actually, all told I must admit it was quite reasonable. And the level of care was outstanding.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived