BANGKOK 21 July 2019 03:40
swissie

Thai Immigration/a "learning curve" in effect?

10 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

The ones who come and go very often are for sure not the ones who have something to hide...

How do know that. 😎

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Airalee said:

Most that meet these requirements and have gone that route are harmless.  Why does the government need to know where we are sleeping every night?

Ridiculous is not the question,  Immigration as I would look into your first sentence word. " Most "

• Confused 2

11 hours ago, ThomasThBKK said:

I don't see any point in these rubbish tm30/tm28 and 90 day reports.

Most here are annoyed as nothing here makes sense and not because the visa hurdles are hard to master, it's the annoyances you still have even with a visa.

For me this is all just surveilance.

Thai immigration are clever in that you go to them instead of them coming to you to be spied on. The ones that should be under surveillance are the ones the local police don't have on their books. Where I live the police come around every year and note where all farang are living. They take a photocopy of the farangs passport. They never check the visa as they wouldn't know what it looks like.

Now if immigration and police were to link up then...............        chitown.gif

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The OP need have little to fear from an invasion of expats from western countries, IMO.

In my experience, most expats of the retired and living with a Thai variety benefitted from the housing boom when they got divorced from the western wife, and from the excellent exchange rate of the early century. Now the exchange rate is possibly lower than in the 90s and inflation has made housing etc in LOS sooooooo much more expensive, it goes against a divorcee having the funds to set up again in LOS, IMO.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Like 2