4 nabbed trying to ship ‘ice’ to Philippines

webfact

4 nabbed trying to ship ‘ice’ to Philippines

By The Nation

dbf8c07eefe2c077346de4b25ddf4b9d-sld.jpe

The authorities have managed to intercept a container carrying a tonne of crystal methamphetamine or “ice” worth close to Bt2 billion before it could leave the country.

They also arrested two Thai nationals and two Chinese men in connection with the haul. 

At a press conference on Sunday morning , deputy National Police chief Pol General Chalermchai Srivorakan identified the suspects as Chinese nationals Huang Guoxion, 24, and Zhou Qingchu, 44, along with Thais Suban Manachanon, 57, and Joi sae Fong, 62. 

The two Thais and Huang were nabbed at a container yard in Chon Buri’s Sri Racha district on Saturday, while Zhou was tracked down to his condo in Bangkok’s Huai Kwang district. 

“The arresting officers were responding to a tipoff that a transnational drugtrafficking ring was preparing to hide illicit drugs in a cargo container, and investigation brought the team to the yard,” Chalermkiat said, adding that haul was meant to go to the Philippines. 

The container was found stuffed with 612 boxes, 34 of which were filled with the drug disguised to look like tea bags, while the remaining boxes carried shoes. 

The four suspects have been charged with having narcotics in their possession with the intention to sell and have been handed over to the Narcotics Suppression Division for legal action. 

This crackdown is part of the authorities’ efforts to tackle drug problems. At present, most prisons in the country house inmates held on drugrelated charges. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30371184

thenation_logo.jpg

19 minutes ago, Kasane said:

The place is being overrun by drug dealers and criminals.

It's also the world hub of squealers trying their best to save their own arse.cant complain though because without the rats the police wouldn't find 1% of what goes through Thailand.

imagine being in a gang knowing full well everyone in that gang will send you to jail for a long time just so they can get a year off their sentence.Asian brotherhood at its best.

50 minutes ago, happy chappie said:

It's also the world hub of squealers trying their best to save their own arse.cant complain though because without the rats the police wouldn't find 1% of what goes through Thailand.

imagine being in a gang knowing full well everyone in that gang will send you to jail for a long time just so they can get a year off their sentence.Asian brotherhood at its best.

You have experience?

1 hour ago, Kasane said:

You have experience?

Yes i have great experience of reading where they police only discover the crime because of a tip offs or are you trying to say they mainly catch criminals through the use of fingerprints,DNA and detectives.

i don't know why I bother to answer people like you who have no input but just like to waffle a few words of crap.....do I have experience for Christ sake go get a life.

1 hour ago, happy chappie said:

Yes i have great experience of reading where they police only discover the crime because of a tip offs or are you trying to say they mainly catch criminals through the use of fingerprints,DNA and detectives.

i don't know why I bother to answer people like you who have no input but just like to waffle a few words of crap.....do I have experience for Christ sake go get a life.

You don't seem to have a clue about how intelligence agencies work anywhere. But you seem to be quick to demean Thai's. 

3 hours ago, Kasane said:

You don't seem to have a clue about how intelligence agencies work anywhere. But you seem to be quick to demean Thai's. 

I think we are talking about thais and Thailand on this forum so my finger is pointing at thais.if I were in Iceland on a forum I would probably be talking about Iceland.as for intelligent agencies I've yet to read that Thailand has a police intelligence agency or is it the one where they stick photos of baddies on a board and pin bits of string linking them together.why would you need a intelligence agency in Thailand when every criminal sings like a canary.

in fact there is what you call an intelligence agency called Interpol in Thailand and a complete cock up how it's run.red bull boy,yingluck both on and removed from the list even though Interpol know nothing about why they are not on the list.

9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

I think we are talking about thais and Thailand on this forum so my finger is pointing at thais.if I were in Iceland on a forum I would probably be talking about Iceland.as for intelligent agencies I've yet to read that Thailand has a police intelligence agency or is it the one where they stick photos of baddies on a board and pin bits of string linking them together.why would you need a intelligence agency in Thailand when every criminal sings like a canary.

in fact there is what you call an intelligence agency called Interpol in Thailand and a complete cock up how it's run.red bull boy,yingluck both on and removed from the list even though Interpol know nothing about why they are not on the list.

We are talking about criminals being nabbed for shipping drugs. Are you on ice?

9 hours ago, happy chappie said:

Makes sense thailand has no intelligence agency.... dont really need one given how many  USA/AUS/UK etc etc "agencies" are well established in Thailand.

2 hours ago, Kasane said:

We are talking about criminals being nabbed for shipping drugs. Are you on ice?

Yes and what intelligence agency caught these criminals.none.someone informed the police,in other words a tip off.never once have I read about an intelligence agency in Thailand but I've sure read dozens upon dozens of cases of people informing the police.also you are right I do not know how intelligence agencies around the world work but i never claimed I did.they were your words not mine.end of story thanks

On 6/17/2019 at 3:11 PM, KMartinHandyman said:

Preventing high volume manufacturing of meth would start with limiting the availability and surveillance of the precursor chemicals supply chain. Maybe someone can pass that along to the authorities.

Yes indeed, but unfortunately the precursor chemicals are supplied to the manufacturers mostly in Myanmar (Burma) from neighboring countries such as China and India. Thailand is just one of the major trafficking routes for methamphetamine, not production.

Archived