Si Sa Ket man, blocked from gaming, tries to poison family

webfact

Si Sa Ket man, blocked from gaming, tries to poison family

By The Nation

645d6e0031570228d9c77a330c895357-sld.jpe

A 29-year-old man in Si Sa Ket, angry at being forced to stop playing video games at home, attempted to poison his family by pouring pesticide into the household water container, his mother has revealed.

No one was injured. 

But his mother, Suban Duanjan, 51, said the incident had left her worried and under great stress.

“My son was playing a game on his phone with loud noise at the middle of the night on June 12 when his stepfather unplugged him from the modem,” she said.

The family noticed there was something wrong with the water before a tragedy occurred.

It’s estimated that millions of youngsters around the world are addicted to games. The World Health Organisation in March formally recognised gaming disorder as a behavioural addiction. 

Gaming disorder is defined as the inability to stop playing even though it interferes with one’s family relationships, school, work and sleep.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371175

thenation_logo.jpg

1 hour ago, webfact said:

A 29-year-old man in Si Sa Ket, angry at being forced to stop playing video games at home, attempted to poison his family by pouring pesticide into the household water container, his mother has revealed.

And yet there's still criticism of the use 'fragile Thai male ego'.

Should be charged with attempted murder.   At 29 he should be living away from his parents and have a job that requires him to need sleep ready for the next days work, not to mention a probable family to support from his own hard work.

Oops; forgot this is Thailand where Baby Boys have to suckle from Mother until they are at least 40 !

I am am an American citizen married to a Thai who has two brothers, both married and both working hard. When I read of a 29 year old who tried to poison his parents over a game I wanted to puke. Too bad Dad didn't introduce him to (1) leather belt and (2) a job and finally (3) A suitcase and the location of both front and back doors  .

What an absolute idiot. Thai cannot accept defeat. 

Take for example the recent hammering plus lose of face for a pathetic perfomance the very childish and unprofesional Thai football team lossers had from the US.

Thypical mindset. He cannot accept his wrong doing so he decides to murder his own family. 

Paradise...

Archived