Teachers living all over Europe discuss the best ways to teach the Thai language to kids of mixed marriages

webfact

On 6/17/2019 at 5:41 PM, Pique Dard said:

this a good idea! but i've read some "incredibile" comments here explaining learning thai is more or less a waste of time! so you live in thailand or travel to thailand on  a regular basis, but you  don't want to learn the local's language and expect them to understand or to speak yours? or you don't want the kids you have with your thai partner to forget about their origins or cultural backgrounds? i can't get it! a mixed child needs to have both parents' cultural, historic and family heritage. anyway, there are excellent thai courses online and they are free of charge

I was a amateur student of Roman history, art and literature for many years ,  but I neither read nor write Latin.   The mixed kids who live their lives away from Thailand can know all they need to know about Thai culture, traditions and history without necessarily spending their valuable school age time learning the language, if that is their wish. 

Archived