Poll – Majority want new Thai government to prioritize bread and butter problems

webfact

Poll – Majority want new government to prioritize bread and butter problems

238_SuperPoll.jpg

More than 80% of people sampled have identified the addressing of “bread and butter” problems as the first priority for the new government, said Dr. Noppadol Kannikar, director of Super Poll.

Super Poll surveyed the opinions of 1,094 people, of different occupations and professions between June 3rd and 15th, on which problems should be given priority, bread and butter issues or justice.

The poll shows 84.4% of the respondents want the bread and butter issues to be given top priority, compared to 4.0% for political injustice, 3% for national development and 2.6% for transport, accident and traffic issues.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/poll-majority-want-new-government-to-prioritize-bread-and-butter-problems/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-06-17

It took some digging through the full article, here are the "bread and butter"issues that people wanted addressed:

He suggested three immediate measures for the government, namely easing conflict between vested interests, increasing take-home pay and accelerating the societal drive to achieve political justice.

Interestingly corruption was mentioned;

Notably, addressing corruption was regarded as a low priority among respondents.

57 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Bread and butter problems.... Yes butter is too expensive here, and big C just raised the price of my favourite bread 3 baht, that is a big problem.:cheesy:

And perhaps they could sort out why my local Tesco Lotus Express and 7/11 only get stocks of bread late in the afternoon by which time it has been on the truck for hours. As for butter, well, even the marg they sell is poor quality, and to get real butter I have to drive 60 Km. to get it. That's exactly what the politicians should be sorting out , none of these national problems  ????

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Majority want new government to prioritize bread and butter problems

I'm sure they will prioritize 'bread and butter' problems:
Catfish and rice whiskey for the masses.
Caviar and champagne for the elites.

Same as it every was, same as it every was, same as it every was....

5 hours ago, webfact said:

More than 80% of people sampled have identified the addressing of “bread and butter” problems as the first priority for the new government

Sorry folks, but the words "bread and butter" do not appear in the 20-Year National Strategy Plan that must take first government priority (that means in terms of scope, timeliness and funding) as per the 2017 Constitution.

The NCPO-appointed 250-member Senate has the constitutional responsibility to monitor MP's compliance with the plan and any substantial deviation could trigger a referral from the Senate to NACC to investigate impeachment of any MP who attempts to deviate from the plan by other than a constitutional amendment (that requires a super Senate majority).

In other words, do something to benefit the masses for a change. We know you were installed to protect the elite, those in power, the police, the super wealthy and those that are connected. We know that. But, does that mean that you cannot do anything to help the plight of the average Thai? Really? Another five years of nothingness?

Incompetency is always ugly. But, when it is coupled with extreme indifference, apathy, fake puritanism, and obsession with control, it is far uglier. The army is the worst thing that has ever happened to this nation. They serve no useful function, that I am aware of. 

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Bread and butter problems.... Yes butter is too expensive here, and big C just raised the price of my favourite bread 3 baht, that is a big problem.:cheesy:

Hey colinneil I wish brexit turned out to be a B & B problem , my family are coming over next month I will ask the price of B&B over there in case I need some brought over. As it is I am getting cheese , wine and Tea bags.

Sorry m8 , what a load of waffle.  How much are waffles here compared........................going now.

6 hours ago, RotMahKid said:

Bread is a luxury food in Thailand and is eaten with ice-cream, butter they don't use they use oil to bake. So what's the problem?

The problem is that to help the palm oil farmers get over a huge surplus of palm oil nuts the government ordered suggested that retailers raise the price of cooking oil by 10 baht per litre.

Solving "Bread and Butter issues", regardless of what they are, will require good leadership, political skills, creativity, forward thinking, and hard work. None of these characteristics are currently available in the countries highest offices.

18 hours ago, webfact said:

The poll shows 84.4% of the respondents want the bread and butter issues to be given top priority, compared to 4.0% for political injustice, 3% for national development and 2.6% for transport, accident and traffic issues.

Seems that the poll targeted only the morons. But, more seriously, this gives credit to all the Thai bashing that takes place here on TV.

Archived