US Navy veteran locked up in Thai prison, family pleas for help

webfact

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

don't know whether any money went through HIS account, only that 1 billion was taken from the victims of the scheme....likely into the corporate accounts rather than his personal account.

from the original post: " The DSI also reported that their investigations had discovered more than 1 billion baht in investment had been transferred out of the victim’s bank accounts.”

That's right, however as an Executive he opened an account on his name and were able to get a Statement. Probably they promised him a lot more than only 15 k bucks. The whole story stinks. Let the court decide. 

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Thaidream said:

It has nothing to do with he being a Navy veteran and everything to do with coming from small town USA where most people are honest and think everyone else is the same.

I can easily believe his story and that he was duped.  There has been no proof presented that he was a willing participant.

If these people were clever enough to dupe millions from some wealthy Thais, it is certainty possible they were clever enough to have fooled this man.

It is often enough to be just a ‘participant’ without that ‘willing’ addition in order to spend a lot of time in the prison. 

47 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

That's right, however as an Executive he opened an account on his name and were able to get a Statement. Probably they promised him a lot more than only 15 k bucks. The whole story stinks. Let the court decide. 

Please can you post the link where it says he opened an account in his name and was able to get a Statement? 

8 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

Sounds like this crowd had him open a bank account too; that’s where he went wrong.

Please can you post where you found that they had him open a bank account.

I'm just surprised his family has not come to Thailand to hear from him first hand and help him.

Not easy to determine if he was gullible stooge, or participated willingly in the scam...but on the evidence presented, the outcome will probably be the same regardless.

8 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Something is fishy here. 

You don't get sent to Klong Prem before sentence. 

Yes you do,when you are arrested your are taken to court then make a plea Guilty or not guilty, then transffered to prison.

9 hours ago, tominbkk said:

He did not question this company making him pose as the ED?  And what was he actually saying as he 'acted'?  Sounds like a big swindle, and that he didn't know this was going to be perpetrated in Thailand?  Oops.

As executive director of the company that swindled people out of billions of baht he can't be anything but guilty. He was involved visually promoting their scams . It's hard to believe that he didn't know what he was doing . It would be better for him to admit everything he did in stead of pleading not guilty

The country called, he answered. The country called, I answered. Is going to foreign countries, invading and killing people who never posed a threat somehow a noble deed?
Whether he is guilty or not will have to be established in a court, but using his status of hired killer to somehow suggest a higher moral standard is very questionable. 

You have no clue, clearly never served, and your opinion matters not!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, sawadee1947 said:

No my dear, that is common sense when you're Executive... 

But my dear, not when you are only an actor playing a role.

I still see no where that says he opened an account.  What makes you think he did?

20 minutes ago, geisha said:

WHERE does it state that a bank account had been opened and used in Keller’s name ? Can’t find this information. 

Me either.  Yet several people keep repeating each other as if it's a fact...

In an earlier post I quoted an article from The Nation which claimed that Mr Keller played the part of the company's CEO in a fake CNN interview and at the launch ceremony.  It appears that this is not correct.  Another man, as yet unknown, played the CEO.  Mr Keller acted in some promotional videos as an unnamed manager.

"When news broke that the US face of the Eagle Gates Group Ponzi scheme had been arrested, it was assumed to be the actor that played CEO Eddy McClough...

…While he did appear in several Eagles Gates Group marketing videos however, turns out he’s not the guy who played the fictional McClough.

The actor who played McClough is still at large."

https://behindmlm.com/companies/eagle-gates-groups-eddy-mcclough-still-at-large-d-keller-trial-date/

This puts a totally different slant on things, making it entirely plausible that Mr Keller did not have knowledge of any wrong doing or fraud.  I apologise to any family or friends of Mr Keller who may be reading this, and direct my earlier claims to the man actually playing the CEO.

This image, from the linked video below, shows the purported CEO standing in the centre, and what appears to be Mr Keller, seated second from the right.

image.png.705b59b2be9019dc1d18f7bb4e6ebfc6.png

Wow, sticky wicket this one is. If his family can arrange for every able-bodied member to spend the 30 day nonvisa time here to visit him they might see some movement. I mean cousins, in-laws, old Navy buddies anybody and everybody. The story said he is well liked. If he is not allowed visitors still come and report it to the American and Thai Embassy.

In person and here and now gets more attention than long distance letters or depending on an NGO. Women and men who are incarcerated seem to fair better if they have visitors because the institution and the inmates know they are not forgotten. No prison is nirvana by a longshot. I cannot think of any prison that is not guilty of human rights violations in some form or another.

Is it expensive, you bet it is. The question is what lengths is the family able and willing to go; not that they haven't already done a lot. 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

Keller was arrested on August 20, 2018. One day later he called his father to tell him he was being detained.

“That’s the last I’ve heard from him,” his dad said through tears. “That’s the last time I heard his voice. Been bad. Horrible. Absolutely horrible. I mean, like I said, I haven’t heard him. God knows I love my son.”

I find it hard to believe they are not able to contact him in prison ? Why didnt they just take a trip over and visit him ? 

6 minutes ago, manarak said:

this went certainly beyond acting.

thethaiger's article is very one-sided.

He does not look like a fraudster to me (unlike some other guys on the photos above). My guess, he did not know how bad the people who hired him were. I hope he will not be punished too harsh. 

1 minute ago, Zikomat said:

He does not look like a fraudster to me (unlike some other guys on the photos above). My guess, he did not know how bad the people who hired him were. I hope he will not be punished too much. 

"He does not look like a fraudster to me"

that's why he was hired for this job.

we don't know much what exactly he did, but the photos just above show him doing much more than just acting for a video camera.

the thaiger's article reads like propaganda, presenting only one-sided facts to make us cry.

58 minutes ago, ballpoint said:

In an earlier post I quoted an article from The Nation which claimed that Mr Keller played the part of the company's CEO in a fake CNN interview and at the launch ceremony.  It appears that this is not correct.  Another man, as yet unknown, played the CEO.  Mr Keller acted in some promotional videos as an unnamed manager.

"When news broke that the US face of the Eagle Gates Group Ponzi scheme had been arrested, it was assumed to be the actor that played CEO Eddy McClough...

…While he did appear in several Eagles Gates Group marketing videos however, turns out he’s not the guy who played the fictional McClough.

The actor who played McClough is still at large."

https://behindmlm.com/companies/eagle-gates-groups-eddy-mcclough-still-at-large-d-keller-trial-date/

This puts a totally different slant on things, making it entirely plausible that Mr Keller did not have knowledge of any wrong doing or fraud.  I apologise to any family or friends of Mr Keller who may be reading this, and direct my earlier claims to the man actually playing the CEO.

This image, from the linked video below, shows the purported CEO standing in the centre, and what appears to be Mr Keller, seated second from the right.

image.png.705b59b2be9019dc1d18f7bb4e6ebfc6.png

I just clarified that In an earlier post, the link clearly underlined that Keeler wasn't Eddy McClough, it would have taken a hell of a makeup team to do that transformation 

That's him , in the left of the picture .
Innocent?  Just playing his part?  No way, he knew what was going on and was expecting big money for doing this. 

d1.thumb.jpg.6dcb0c8e5aeb83234be2891e384 

4 minutes ago, manarak said:

"He does not look like a fraudster to me"

that's why he was hired for this job.

we don't know much what exactly he did, but the photos just above show him doing much more than just acting for a video camera.

the thaiger's article reads like propaganda, presenting only one-sided facts to make us cry.

He is acting in all kind of events: charity, concert etc... The question is: did he know about the evil intentions of his bosses? If all his benefit was 15k $ - I pretty much doubt that he did. 

"Over six months, Keller acted in several corporate videos. His family says he was paid $15,000 to do so. After the job was complete, he told family he never heard from the company again, until a vacation to Thailand last August. Keller was arrested after he and his wife landed in Thailand for a vacation. "

Why would he ever visit Thailand again if he was an active participant of the fraud? No way.

6 hours ago, JeffinChonburi said:

This guys family can wine and complain all they want. The videos he was in clearly shows him as a con man. If he thought this was anything other than a con, then he deserves to be locked up for be that stupid. 

His face is all over the internet as the CEO of this ponzi scheme, and his interview clearly makes him guilty.

https://behindmlm.com/companies/eagle-gates-group-ceo-eddy-mcclough-arrested-claims-hes-an-actor/

Are you for real?

If you have read the whole story, you would know that it is not him in the video as Eddy McClough.

He is not any longer a suspect of acting in this video.

If you have seen any video with Derrick in it, please share. None are presented in this thread, other than the pictures on the previous page.

Archived