Taking aim at Johnson, British PM hopefuls make Brexit case

webfact

15 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I haven’t insulted you. Let us know how the margin of error would change by adding another 180 or so people to the poll and what that would mean in terms of the poll results. 

" You really haven’t understood the purpose of an opinion poll, so I guess there is no point asking you to check what a sampling error is. "

Yeah, no insult there right?

Look at what I wrote in post #219

" The smaller the sample, the less precise it is and the wider the margin of error. "

That is a direct quotation from the Yougov website, not something I made up myself. Ask them for the finer details, not me. The fact is, they have stated that the smaller the sample, the less reliable it is. This appears to be something that you are not willing to acknowledge.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, nahkit said:

" You really haven’t understood the purpose of an opinion poll, so I guess there is no point asking you to check what a sampling error is. "

Yeah, no insult there right?

Where do you see an insult? When someone doesn’t understand the basics of something, it is quite obvious that there is no point for the details. 

Look at what I wrote in post #219

" The smaller the sample, the less precise it is and the wider the margin of error. "

That is a direct quotation from the Yougov website, not something I made up myself. Ask them for the finer details, not me. The fact is, they have stated that the smaller the sample, the less reliable it is. This appears to be something that you are not willing to acknowledge.

So what? Everyone knows this. Did it really surprise you?

Archived