Wanted Italian fraudsters who posed as George Clooney arrested in Pattaya

webfact

If this was only a few years ago he would probably manage to get away with it, and continue donating money to childrens homes and attend Expat meetings.  There are plenty of them around. 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of their scams included the sale of fake Rolex watches online. Rather than sending the luxury watches, the couple would often send boxes containing salt to unsuspecting customers.

Khun Prawit doesn't seem to be one of their buyers. Insane, what some people are doing to make money. Now it's time for some real sex hungry guys in their cells.

Then throw away the key. 

21 hours ago, hellohello123 said:

I see a lot similarites,

2 eyes

1 nose

1 mouth

2 ears

Each has only one ear in the pictures. Most people have two. So it's the guy. QED

20 hours ago, Mansell said:

It boggles my mind how naive people are, but then throw in the greed factor and this will explain many things, especially how the shutters drop down on the eyes and brain when large amounts of money are mentioned. Was in this woman's house when she was being bullied on the phone to send thousands of dollars to some unknown people. She explained that they had sent her and her husband (who was a lawyer) a cashiers check for 20,000 dollars, all they had to do was send them 3,000 dollars for some bullshit fee. Then they would get another check for a huge amount......all this was dressed up in some bogus story. The guy on the phone wanted the 3,000 dollars asap. I explained to her that the check they received was going to bounce.....but it's a cashiers check she said. It will bounce within two weeks I explained, but they will have your 3,000 dollars. It took many explanations to convince her and to not send the money to them. She kept saying, "But the fifty thousand dollars they will send us will help pay off our mortgage." 

And I kept telling her, "there won't be any fifty thousand coming as it is all a scam."

She never sent the money, but the phone calls got very nasty threatening her and her family. Of course the check bounced and the couple woke up to the reality.

very sad how easily people are duped.....and then there's the scumbags scamming people.

Good on you, for saving this couple that anguish. I too have been the subject of these kinds of attempts. Fortunately I talked to my banker, who told me it was most likely a bad check, and could take up to a month for the funds to be reversed. After a month they were, and since I had not touched them, no big deal. 

Some fools just will do anything to avoid working for a living. Since there is little hope of catching them, we have to make their lives as difficult as possible. Give them grief. Let them know that you know who and what they are. Scum of the earth.

1 minute ago, KhunKenAP said:

So when will they arrest the Prison Guard who let him escape in 2014, or has the Thai Statute of Limitation expired?

He has been moved to an inactive post, one he obviously has the experience for. 

19 hours ago, CMoldie said:

To convince people he was George Clooney he would need to be quite some actor.

And if he could act, no-one would believe he was George Clooney.

Quite.

My wardrobe is a better actor than George Clooney.

On 6/17/2019 at 7:29 AM, webfact said:

One of their scams included the sale of fake Rolex watches online. Rather than sending the luxury watches, the couple would often send boxes containing salt to unsuspecting customers.

what kind of people buy Rolex watches online and expect them to be genuine???

If someone has to go to jail, it's those idiots!????

1 hour ago, pattayadude said:

what kind of people buy Rolex watches online and expect them to be genuine???

If someone has to go to jail, it's those idiots!????

Well there are actually reputable on-line sources, one I believe called watchfinder in the UK.

I might dodge one on Ebay or Facebook.

Archived