Schick Disposable Razors?

FolkGuitar

Has anyone seen 'Schick' brand disposables in Chiang Mai?

All I can find are Gillette, and I'm tired of tearing my neck off. I'd prefer to shave it.

Gillette quality seems to have gone down the tubes in the past several years, and

I'd like to go back to using Schick products.

Yes, I know I can buy them on-line. I'd like to find them locally.

Thanks

Yeah, finding that perfect razor and blade makes the shaving experience a whole lot better and safer. I have been using the Gillette Vector razor and blades for three years now and for me they provide the best shaving. I shave everyday after showing and I find that with the Vector blades I can get three weeks of daily shaving before I have to replace the blade. If you haven't already tried the Vector give it a try.

Sent from my CMR-AL19 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

15 minutes ago, lipflipper said:

If you haven't already tried the Vector give it a try.

Thanks, but I threw away 5 packages of Gillette Vectors. I even wrote to Gillette to complain about them. Gillette is now distributed out of India, and their PR people got back to me the next day, offering to replace the ones I had for free. I said 'no thanks.'   I wasn't even getting one comfortable shave out of Vectors, to say nothing of three weeks.  I've tried ALL of the various Gillette line sold in Rimping and in Tops, and none of them give me the comfort or long life that I find with Schick. Some of the Gillettes were OK for one or two shaves, but just OK. I want more comfort than OK. I can sharpen my pocket knife well enough to get an OK shave. Thanks, but I want better than that. I want what I can get with Schick.

Gillette seemed to have shoved Schick out of the Thai market.....

I've found Gillette blades to be crap right out of the wrapper.....

When I'm in the states I stock up with some 8 packs of the Schick Extreme 3 to last at least a years worth of shaves....No amount of strapping new Gillette blades can make it as good as a used Schick.....

SADLY - on our last trip to the states earlier this year the Schick blades - displays were harder to find; but Gillette was everywhere.....

When we're there we're RVing it; which means we restock & shop a lot using different stores in many areas shopping for regional specialities -- that usually lets me rummage around fairly confident I can get what I want = Schick was harder to find this year....

31 minutes ago, robertmueller said:

I bought my Schick (2 blades, white and blue handle bar, 5 pieces, B60) in Daiso in Central Airport Plaza. There is also another Daiso in Central Festival. In Kad Farang (HangDong) is another one.

That's the one I have:
https://www.daisoeshop.com/index.php?lay=show&ac=cat_show_pro_detail&cid=137242&pid=1158812

Great!  I never thought to look at Daiso.  I used to buy Schick blades when I lived in Japan. Thanks for the suggestion!

37 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

......  I've found Gillette blades to be crap riht out of the wrapper.....

....No amount of strapping new Gillette blades can make it as good as a used Schick.....

I use a horsehide strop to keep my blades going. I strop them before even the first shave as correct stropping ALWAYS improves a good blade... but does jack s#@t to a Gillette blade, even brand new!  I can sharpen an edge. I can get a knife so sharp that if you swirl it in water you wind up with hydrogen and oxygen. But I can't do a thing with Gillette blades!

I have tried every blade on the market as have a fairly heavy growth and so far have found nothing that comes close to Gillette, I buy in bulk on-line as ridiculous price here. 

It's true... The cheapest Bic double-blade, the sort that come 5 in a plastic bag, without any fancy handles, and cost next to nothing, shave better than even the Five-blade Gillette... which I had the misfortune to buy...

Get a safety razor like marcusarelus showed above, just maybe a better quality one made of metal and not of plastic (I use one from Merkur, which i bought many years ago). And then use standard double razor blades of your choice, i prefer Feather. Way better shaving result und cheaper than the crap like Gillette.

Thanks for all the suggestions, but...

Has anyone seen 'Schick' brand disposables in Chiang Mai?

I'd like to go back to using Schick products.

Yes, I know I can buy them on-line. I'd like to find them locally.

Thanks

1 hour ago, jackdd said:

Get a safety razor like marcusarelus showed above, just maybe a better quality one made of metal and not of plastic (I use one from Merkur, which i bought many years ago). And then use standard double razor blades of your choice, i prefer Feather. Way better shaving result und cheaper than the crap like Gillette.

The Feather blades are 100% better.  I use it in the shower and like the plastic for ease of cleanup and no rust.  I have a metal one to use outside of the wet shower.  

You could add to this topic: 

Items you think should be available here but aren't

Funny, I thought I'd posted about this before but can't locate it. I agree that Schick products are better and Gillette has the market here cornered (or cowered). 

However, I will give you a great tip.

Last time I was in Egypt, I bought two tubes of shaving cream...actual cream from a toothpaste-like tube. It must have some coco butter or something in it because while it does not foam like regular stuff in a can (even the gels), a small amount goes a long way and I have to say that it gives me a better shave than I've every had -- regardless of the make of blade. Shave in the morning and by night you nearly have no stubble. 

(As the commercial below shows, technically you should be using this with a brush)

Man Look Saving Cream commercial

This stuff must be good; the chick even takes off her headscarf after....

The Gillette Fusion Power razor is the best I've ever used- the vibrating handle makes a huge difference- the blades are pricey, but last a long time with care.  I used to have issue with skin irritation from shaving, but not anymore.

I'm surprised to hear so many people complaining about Gillette quality.

I've only shaved once this year due to having a beard. So when I decided to take the plunge a couple of days ago, I didn't have a shaver. Not to worry; I used a ceramic knife instead. Not a perfect shave but it was OK. Used plenty of shampoo for lubricant.

Archived