New Zealand tourist found dead in rented Chiang Mai condo

webfact

New Zealand tourist found dead in rented Chiang Mai condo

By The Nation

nz.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

A New Zealand tourist was found dead in a condominium room in Chiang Mai Sunday night, police said.

Pol Lt Pirawat Chaisomsri, deputy inspector of Muang Chiang Mai police station said the body of Warwick Ernest Purser, 79, was found in a pool of blood beside his bed in a room on the 12th floor of the Galare Thong Condominium on Chang Klan Road in Muang district at 7.30pm.

A doctor from the Chiang Mai Hospital was unable to determine cause of death at the scene and the body has been transferred to the hospital for autopsy.

The owner of the rented room said Purser, who lived alone, had been renting the room for six years.

He added that he had last seen Purser the previous week and after not hearing from him for several days used a spare key to open the room and found the body.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30371211

thenation_logo.jpg

12 minutes ago, webfact said:

Pol Lt Pirawat Chaisomsri, deputy inspector of Muang Chiang Mai police station said the body of Warwick Ernest Purser, 79, was found in a pool of blood beside his bed in a room on the 12th floor of the Galare Thong Condominium on Chang Klan Road in Muang district at 7.30pm.

A doctor from the Chiang Mai Hospital was unable to determine cause of death at the scene and the body has been transferred to the hospital for autopsy.

Pool of blood? Does he state that he can´t find any wound on the body?

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

Pool of blood? Does he state that he can´t find any wound on the body?

It's not unusual for people to bleed immediately prior/after death. Can come from things such as anyeurisms etc causing blood to flow from nose etc, or from falling as they died and hitting their head on the way down or on the floor. 

I was more intrigued about him being labelled a tourist when it says he's rented the room for 6 years. 

RIP, good sir. 

1 hour ago, SammyT said:

I was more intrigued about him being labelled a tourist when it says he's rented the room for 6 years. 

Basically anyone who is not in Thailand on a work visa or retirement visa is considered a tourist. 

Or even if he was on a retirement visa then that's an extremely minor distinction to a junior Nation journalist; not one that he'd give any kind of thought. 

This is the original Thai language article; the word tourist isn't in it. https://www.thairath.co.th/news/local/north/1593331  

When you are over 60 years old, the chances to fall and get hurt increases dramatically. I have seen so many cases of elderly people getting hurt and slowly deteriorating after their first  fall. He was 79 and living alone. Now living in Thailand most increase your chances to get killed or hurt badly if you fall since the streets or buildings are not designed or built properly.

12 hours ago, SammyT said:

It's not unusual for people to bleed immediately prior/after death. Can come from things such as anyeurisms etc causing blood to flow from nose etc, or from falling as they died and hitting their head on the way down or on the floor. 

RIP, good sir. 

To a Thai, we are all tourist/outsiders/visitors.

2 hours ago, ubon farang said:

No we are aliens That is the term they use for us

Coincidentally, it's also exactly how foreigners in the USA and the UK are referred to in law. Why do people keep trying to insinuate that this is unique to Thailand and is somehow a reflection of how they feel about foreigners?

For the record, I knew Warwick. Hadn't seen him for years. Became a bit of a recluse in his condo but he was a perfectly normal person. So please stop your malevolant speculation. A 79 year old normal chap has sadly passed away. That's it. End of story. Thread can now be closed please out of respect to the deceased?

7 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Coincidentally, it's also exactly how foreigners in the USA and the UK are referred to in law. Why do people keep trying to insinuate that this is unique to Thailand and is somehow a reflection of how they feel about foreigners?

Anything to hate and make this place look bad.

It actually was inappropriate until the current US Pres. took office.

Illegal aliens for a long time but the liberals changed it to illegal immigrants.

It is back to aliens now less PC with Trump.

7 hours ago, Mark1066 said:

Because Thailand immigration rules treat you as a guest no matter your status. In USA and UK a marriage visa or permanent residency grants you the right to a work permit, in Thailand you'd have to find a suitable company to sponsor you regardless of your visa status and are forbidden from many occupations. The only way you could get any real rights is if you naturalize - but that takes 10 years and I don't know anyone who's ever actually done it.

The article said they used a spare key to unlock the door.  OK, but exactly how was the door locked?  Is it a dead bolt or chain?  Is it a simple push button on the door knob?  The idea is depending on how the door locks it could only be done from the inside and not somebody locking the door on the way out, without using a key.

On 6/19/2019 at 11:54 AM, gk10002000 said:

The article said they used a spare key to unlock the door.  OK, but exactly how was the door locked?  Is it a dead bolt or chain?  Is it a simple push button on the door knob?  The idea is depending on how the door locks it could only be done from the inside and not somebody locking the door on the way out, without using a key.

What are you talking about? What does it matter how he locked his door? Please get a life you are weird and somewhat sad!

an australian man woke up in the hospital after falling and being unconscious.  i heard him ask the aussie nurse "did they bring me here to die?".    She answered." no sir, they brought you here yesterdie"

7 hours ago, EL159 said:

What are you talking about? What does it matter how he locked his door? Please get a life you are weird and somewhat sad!

It matters because if the door has a dead bolt or some other type f lock that could only be locked from the inside, then murder would almost certainly be ruled out since the murderer could not lock the door and leave, and suicide or natural causes for death are more likely.  If some other simple lock such as push the button on the door knob and close the door, well, then it leaves open the possibility of foul play.  Now you better watch your name calling and attempt at insults.  It is not my fault you do not understand

On ‎6‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 2:04 PM, EL159 said:

For the record, I knew Warwick. Hadn't seen him for years. Became a bit of a recluse in his condo but he was a perfectly normal person. So please stop your malevolant speculation. A 79 year old normal chap has sadly passed away. That's it. End of story. Thread can now be closed please out of respect to the deceased?

"That's it. End of story. Thread can now be closed please out of respect to the deceased?"

Why, just because you said so?  To do that would defeat the forum's object of the exercise.

On ‎6‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 11:54 AM, gk10002000 said:

Huh?

Edit: Ok, just seen your post that followed that, lucky that the RTP have got your input into this investigation, I'm sure that it will all be tremendously useful to them.

By the way, so far, no one has suggested that this is a murder enquiry.

39 minutes ago, Just Weird said:

No, he stated that he couldn't determine the cause of death at the scene.  The wound may not have killed him.

And you are not aware of that they usually write there was some wounds on the body, but they sent to autopsy for determine the cause of death?

By the way, you do know this forum have a function that let´s you multi quote?

18 hours ago, Matzzon said:

And you are not aware of that they usually write there was some wounds on the body, but they sent to autopsy for determine the cause of death?

By the way, you do know this forum have a function that let´s you multi quote?

Yes, I have heard that before,  and in this case the body was sent for an autopsy also, what's your point?

Yes, I am aware of, and have frequently used, the multi-quote feature, what's the point you're trying to make about that also?

Archived