Video: Thai woman shows admirable calm as pick-up mounts barrier

webfact

Video: Thai woman shows admirable calm as pick-up mounts barrier

5pm_VI.jpg

Caption: Dramatic moment: Collision as truck trailer overturns

Netizens praised a Thai woman for her calm when a pick-up mounted a barrier after going through a cloud of corn after a truck trailer overturned on the other side of the road on a hill in north west Thailand. 

The woman - seen on dash cam footage pointing forwards and backwards - had just paid her respects to a guardian spirit on the Mae Sot to Tak road on the hill at Doi Ruak. 

Moments later the couple were lucky to escape plunging down the hillside. 

Their seat belts and the fact they were driving at a sensible speed helped to save them from serious injury, said Sanook.

Mae Thor police said the road was slippery after a recent storm. They said that despite improvements to the road there were still many accidents in the area. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-17

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

Their seat belts and the fact they were driving at a sensible speed helped to save them from serious injury, said Sanook.

8 minutes ago, webfact said:

when a pick-up mounted a barrier after going through a cloud of corn

I learned a long time ago in Thailand that is what sensible to me might not be for others. Glad the occupants are ok but I would add this one small suggestion. Don't drive through a cloud of corn...

23 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Slippery, more like the truck driver was hammering it to get around the corner then up the approaching hill.

Plausible. Perhaps it was also overloaded, and the driver was bored to go through the gears to first gear to make the hill.

6 hours ago, webfact said:

that despite improvements to the road there were still many accidents in the area. 

You can make any improvements you like to the road - improvements NEED to be made to the "nut" that holds the steering wheel! ????

6 hours ago, missoura said:

I learned a long time ago in Thailand that is what sensible to me might not be for others. Glad the occupants are ok but I would add this one small suggestion. Don't drive through a cloud of corn...

Or if you are going to, then  have a nice chat with your guardian spirit first, then tell everyone who cares to listen in-order to make the story sound better ????????????

The driver of the pickup was blinded and in a reactionary crash stop his vehicle was also on a slippery coating of dried seeds. That they ended up straddling the barrier was probably the best outcome !

I have driven that Mae Sot road several times. It is has been amazingly progressively upgraded. Problem is that  many truck drivers are ignorant and selfish who attack that road at excess speed at any opportunity!

Nor  do they seem to give a damn about  worn out tires until they actually shred and are forced to replace them.

16 hours ago, Pique Dard said:

yeah, she was calm,  but after i've read the increasing  number of accidents and fatalities on thai roads, i think driving in thailand is like playing russian roulette

The 'odds' are not that good!  ????

Archived