Driving Licence Proof of Addres - Digital Work Permit

Millian

I've read that work permits are accepted for proof of address for the driving licence application. However, I have a new style digital work permit that doesn't feature the address.

Does any body know if it is still accepted?

Perhaps the address is on an online work permit database, and they can check with it with the WP number.

Perhaps you can show the work permit, along with some other not so official document such as 90 day reporting, or bank statement.

Who knows, that's why I'm asking.

Colleague said they used the electronic work permit and it was fine, however a call to the office in Bang Chak and they say it will not be enough. I wont take the risk of queuing all that time to find out it wont work and get proof from my embassy.

If I'm applying for a Thai car and bike licence using my British licence, do I need two originals of the affirmation of residency, or are copies ok?

All depends on your local DLT, in Udon Thani they wanted an original certificate of residence for each license, but one original and one copy of the medical certificate was ok for them.

Officially you need an International Driving Permit to convert to a Thai license, but maybe your local DLT does not insist on it.

Turns out digital work permit is accepted at the Bang Chak office at least. 

They use your office address that's on the work permit as your address on the licence. 

However, I've heard it's not accepted at all offices. 

2 hours ago, Millian said:

Turns out digital work permit is accepted at the Bang Chak office at least. 

They use your office address that's on the work permit as your address on the licence. 

However, I've heard it's not accepted at all offices. 

"They use your office address that's on the work permit as your address on the licence. "

" However, I have a new style digital work permit that doesn't feature the address. "

So is the office address on the license?

On 6/18/2019 at 10:48 AM, Millian said:

Colleague said they used the electronic work permit and it was fine, however a call to the office in Bang Chak and they say it will not be enough. I wont take the risk of queuing all that time to find out it wont work and get proof from my embassy.

If I'm applying for a Thai car and bike licence using my British licence, do I need two originals of the affirmation of residency, or are copies ok?

Origional documents only and if not in thai a certified translation as well

Translations and certification at changwattana (bangkok) (maybe other places too)get there early and take lunch the queues are long 

• 4 weeks later...

I need to renew my 2 year licenses soon, and got digital work permit. There´s a QR code in WP and it leads to Single Window visa and work permit system website where you can see your home address. Does DLT accept this (if I print it out) as a proof of address? Im going to use Bang Chak Office.

Archived