"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

webfact

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

She's lucky to be alive after jumping 5 storeys, most people would have been dead.

There're still lots of people who still come to Thailand to look for Thai wives when there're obvious cultural, religious and language barriers.

37 minutes ago, hansnl said:

Seriously, mostly the farang takes a dive.

The girlfriend mostly is shopping, visiting somewhere, but near the diving spot.

Absolutely correct.

In some parts, farang are often the victim of tripping, slipping, overbalancing etc. And the gf, or wife, arrives on the scene quite fast, with some tale to tell.

Up here in Isaan, the farangs suffer in other ways. Unexplained

motor-bike crashes, peelaw activity, drowning and that favourite; poisoning.

A pal of mine died at two in the afternoon and was cremated in the village at eleven the next morning. An Aussie embassy member and his son were on their way. It was all done and dusted before they arrived.

4 hours ago, Skallywag said:

You cannot fall over a 100 -120 cm tall railing  - you would have to jump, be lifted, or climb up and over.  

Edit: Unless she was over 190 cm (6'2") tall - then her center of gravity would be high enough

maybe she climbed on a balcony chair first while arguing.

I'm happy on the ground floor.

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Not an uncommon behaviour to threaten with suicide or even try one .

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

......depends on the railing. Sometimes very low...... 

8 Medics? One has to tell the other what to do.... 

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Absolutely correct.

In some parts, farang are often the victim of tripping, slipping, overbalancing etc. And the gf, or wife, arrives on the scene quite fast, with some tale to tell.

Up here in Isaan, the farangs suffer in other ways. Unexplained

motor-bike crashes, peelaw activity, drowning and that favourite; poisoning.

A pal of mine died at two in the afternoon and was cremated in the village at eleven the next morning. An Aussie embassy member and his son were on their way. It was all done and dusted before they arrived.

And rightly so, fast deposing of the remains, assists the grieving process

Should the building regulations be for a fully enclosed balcony for all multistorey apartment blocks ?

The woman will have a long recovery after a fall that far, and it will be a painful rehabilitation.

9 minutes ago, sawadee1947 said:

......depends on the railing. Sometimes very low...... 

8 Medics? One has to tell the other what to do.... 

From video looks like 6 are telling 2 what to do.

Had a situation at my place, found a girl in the car park with face all smashed up, passed out and bleeding.

Called for help, 4 cars arrived, 9 or so guys 

One flashing torch into her face, one wiping her face, one holding her up and the rest discussing what happened to her, Mind you CCTV was there to show she was drunk as a skunk, tripped in high heels, rolled down the driveway and somehow managed to hit her face not only on the ground but also on the bikes exhaust which was parked at the bottom.

Off topic but to make it funnier, her only concern was that no one puts on facebook, she made all involved pinky swear they would not . 

15 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

And rightly so, fast deposing of the remains, assists the grieving process

With regard to my Auusie pal. They never did find his considerable stash of gold.

4 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Very fortunate, as most people will die falling from such a height. I hope the Frenchmans story is true, or he is going to be in some serious doodoo.

Even if his story is true if she says something different he will still be deep in the brown stuff.

4 hours ago, Beggar said:

No. We don't want to wait so long. As usual we make our own story. 

yes...and parallel we wait for the next "escapade" of someone with bad luck

4 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Sad.

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

GOOD JOB.

I have seen these guys/gals in action a few times ... mainly heart attack/stroke victims on the BTS.  I have been impressed every time they have all the kit then need and don't give up until they have tried everything.  Kudo's again.

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Very fortunate, as most people will die falling from such a height. I hope the Frenchmans story is true, or he is going to be in some serious doodoo.

I think true or false he's in for a rocky ride... if the argument was serious enough to think of jumping she only has to say "he pushed me" and it's game over!

5 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

nah, he will be ok.

i am sure the cops know the ins and outs of the behaviour of thai girls

(keeping it polite by the way)

Well, I've never had a Thai GF, or even been very friendly with one, but.........with all the stories I read on TVF, many of you know or have ones that are as nutty as fruitcakes, so.........I'm ready to believe anything.  Also the report is not very clear.

5 hours ago, owl sees all said:

Very sad to get news like this. There often seems to be a farang involved. Invariably it's the lady who slips, trips jumps or simply falls.

A 24 year old girl fell from the 18th floor of a block a while back. And she lived. Her hubby was Swedish.

..lucky to be alive falling from those heights..my granny died after hitting her head off the sofa. Her hubby was Australian.

6 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Given that she is still alive, it will be interesting to hear her side of the story.

If he was giving her the wave, i.e. we are over, she just might tell the cops he pushed her, then what.

I have had two females in my past try to jump out the car I was driving as we argued, if the stupid beaches told me to stop the car for them, I would have, but no, had to be dramatic, me grabbing them and holding them until I could stop the car safely so they could exit stage left while the door was still open, them not wearing seat belts of course.

Phone calls ensued later, "I love you" yiatta yiatta yiatta, sure you do, and tomorrow when we have kids you will try and jump out the car with them, no doubt, ciao bella's ????

5 hours ago, uel1968 said:

One metre high railing,you obviously havent been around much to see for yourself that many off these balconies in Thailand have in fact ridiculously low railings sadly!

This is spot on.  I have lived in several places in Bangkok with balcony railings that were downright scary-short, nowhere near a meter in height.  All it takes is a stumble or inattention to go over the side.  The danger of short balconies in Thailand has also been written about as a warning in international travel publications.  Thailand, which obsessively regulates some of the most inane and trivial sh!t, should come up with enforced safety standards to deal with this problem.  After all, it "harms the image" of the country, and we all know nothing is so dreadful as that.

Archived