"She threatened to jump then fell": Frenchman tells police after Thai girlfriend plunges 5 floors in Pattaya

webfact

5 hours ago, Gillyflower said:

Well, I've never had a Thai GF, or even been very friendly with one, but.........with all the stories I read on TVF, many of you know or have ones that are as nutty as fruitcakes, so.........I'm ready to believe anything.  Also the report is not very clear.

Stay clear of the brainless, soulless  porcupines that work(ed) in bars and you should be just fine.

...and avoid rooms with balconies.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, BestB said:

Not an uncommon behaviour to threaten with suicide or even try one .

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

but why do you need 8 medics to handle the situation? 

jeez, you take the prize for that comment, so everyone that accidentally slips, trips or falls down does it in a routine standard fashion?
and you're also complaining there are too many medics? how many should there have been in your clearly professional opinion?..surprised their choice of footwear wasn't questioned too! 

4 hours ago, BestB said:

Really? is that why it usually takes 2, at most 3? Perhaps you were not aware but her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board, not her body and then this is how person is transported to the hospital to do xrays to know what is broken and what is not.

The person must be lifted to place the spine board under them. My training taught to use 7 people if available. Three on each side and one to stabilize the head.

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sadly this is way too common. My first "girlfriend" (bar girl) in Thailand started out fine the first month, then crazy the second month, then insane the third month including attacking me biting and scratching on the street a couple of times, with a knife at home (I disarmed her), and when I said that if she doesn't stop the violence I'll leave her she went to the balcony and threatened to jump. That's when I've had enough and on my next trip overseas I didn't return. Lesson learned and I've never dated a bar girl since.

two to tango.

4 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

Sadly this is way too common. My first "girlfriend" (bar girl) in Thailand started out fine the first month, then crazy the second month, then insane the third month including attacking me biting and scratching on the street a couple of times, with a knife at home (I disarmed her), and when I said that if she doesn't stop the violence I'll leave her she went to the balcony and threatened to jump. That's when I've had enough and on my next trip overseas I didn't return. Lesson learned and I've never dated a bar girl since.

wow you took your time. I would have been gone on day 1 of the second month.

On 6/17/2019 at 11:08 PM, ThailandGuy said:

What baffles me everytime i read these kind of tragedies is the amount of people falling from balconies every year in Thailand. There is no country in the world where so many people drop down from a balcony. In most cases it was stupidity, drunk or drugs involved. I can not believe such. Why don't they just improve those balconies, so people stop falling from them?

Yeh! but you really dont find a lot of Thai bar girls overseas to upset the balance.

5 hours ago, BestB said:

Really? is that why it usually takes 2, at most 3? Perhaps you were not aware but her body should not be lifted at all, but a sliding board gets put under her and then 2 people lift the board, not her body and then this is how person is transported to the hospital to do xrays to know what is broken and what is not.

Why are you so argumentative these days? T

The Sawang Boriboon volunteers should be commended. Even though I have been fortunate enough to have not needed them, I am happy they are there.

Next time you are in town, go to visit their hut under the flyover on Third Road to say hi. So easy to be negative.

15 hours ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

Very fortunate, as most people will die falling from such a height. I hope the Frenchmans story is true, or he is going to be in some serious doodoo.

I was thinking the same thing. That's what happens when you get involved with a crazy woman. He probably threatened to leave her.

17 hours ago, worgeordie said:

The best thing to do is to wait for her side of the story.

regards worgeorie

Yup, but will she tell the truth is the real question? Frenchie may well be in a heap of trouble, deserved or undeserved.

9 hours ago, Traubert said:

Spain.

There's half a dozen a week in Spain, mainly drunk lairy British tourists. Fair amount of Scandis as well.

By the way, do they levitate her onto the backboard? Of course she has to be lifted and the more support she has during the operation, the less she'll move. Cant get anything under her until she's off the floor. Not even a fag paper.

No she is not suppose to be lifted on to the board , board slides under her with her body being slightly tilted and it does not or should not take 8 to do it

7 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

The person must be lifted to place the spine board under them. My training taught to use 7 people if available. Three on each side and one to stabilize the head.

Who will handle the spine board then?

13 hours ago, DaRoadrunner said:

Girlfriend of Frenchman jumps... were they playing leapfrog?

Thais are amazingly tough, how did she survive? I hope she lives to tell her tale... which I suspect will be most interesting.

Have you noticed that when Farang falls the BIB say it's suicide, but when a Thai falls......

Whether he's to blame or not, our Frenchman had better have deep pockets.

Or perhaps a quick escape route?

She may never be able to tell her side of the story.....

Traumatic brain injury (TBI) is sudden damage to the brain caused by a blow or jolt to the head. Common causes include car or motorcycle crashes, falls, sports injuries, and assaults.   Injuries can range from mild concussions to severe permanent brain damage.

7 hours ago, JamJar said:

Why are you so argumentative these days? T

The Sawang Boriboon volunteers should be commended. Even though I have been fortunate enough to have not needed them, I am happy they are there.

Next time you are in town, go to visit their hut under the flyover on Third Road to say hi. So easy to be negative.

Did you see me condemn their action? Next time  I am in town ? Ok, another quality advice from expert tourist????

22 hours ago, BestB said:

though can not help but wonder how one slips and falls OVER the balcony railing . You would think ifyou slipped you fall down on the floor not over at least 1 meter high railing

they must be ALL "TRAINED" in different aspects of medicine....

22 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Sad.

In watching the video, I was impressed that the volunteer medics did an excellent job in treating her and getting her properly on the backboard. Always wondered how well trained these guys were.

GOOD JOB.

I know a Thai Nurse that specializes in trauma and I must say she is very competent. They must be doing something right in the training.

Credit to the EMS on site.

13 hours ago, BestB said:

1. You do not know how many people fall from balconies in other countries, unless each other country has a forum like this and you follow all the news headlines

2. Not many people leave their brain when travelling to other countries, Thailand has special stupid gas which is released once you enter Thai air space

3. There is hardly ever a follow up to any of the balcony fallings, to assume balcony to blame, not the hookers or ladyboy's and seeing how short fused many Thai are, it is hardly surprising many altercations end up in serious injury or death

disgaree, most people on the plane seem to behave normally,

their IQ drops once they arrive at Suv or DMK airport ????????

14 hours ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

ive always wondered, if I had the sanity, hindsight and calmness, I would say

"go on,  Jump off, but please dont make a mess when you splat as its hard to get blood off the concrete, and please dont land on the homeless dog because you wont injure him, good night"

and close the door and curtains

no prizes on guessing how theyd react

10 minutes ago, hellohello123 said:

disgaree, most people on the plane seem to behave normally,

their IQ drops once they arrive at Suv or DMK airport ????????

That’s because stupid gas takes time to kick in????

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:16 AM, BestB said:

Geez...  How many medics do you suggest incidents with potential fatalities incidents be limited to?  How many would attend similar incidents in your own country?

On 6/17/2019 at 11:16 AM, BestB said:

Recovery experience.

18 hours ago, oobar said:

This is spot on.  I have lived in several places in Bangkok with balcony railings that were downright scary-short, nowhere near a meter in height.  

Really?  Nowhere near a meter high?  I bet you don't have any photos that prove that any of those several alleged railings that you are so concerned about were that low.

Archived