More shocking footage emerges of Bangkok motorbike taxi brawl

webfact

More shocking footage emerges of Bangkok motorbike taxi brawl

bkk.jpg

video screenshot

More dramatic and shocking footage has emerged of a vicious brawl between two rival groups of motorbike taxi drivers, which resulted in two people, including an innocent bystander being killed.

The video of the incident, which took place on Saturday, shows a man lay on the floor while several others beat him with sticks and metal bars. Other men in the clip can be seen armed with hammers, while another appears to be holding a meat cleaver.

The beating only stops when what sounds like gunshots ring out in the distance.

As the video continues a large amount of blood can be seen coming from one man’s head.

A group of presumably rival taxi drivers, most of whom are armed, then head to the direction of where the gunshot was heard.

Earlier, the Nation reported that police have arrested three men over the deadly brawl which involved up to 100 men and brought traffic to a standstill at Sukhumvit Soi 103 in Udomsuk at around 1pm on Saturday.

One of the men killed has been identified as 20-year-old Weerawat Pheungkrut, a delivery driver, who happened to be in the area while the brawl was taking place.

Weerawat is survived by his mother and wife, who is four-months pregnant.

Also killed was Watcharin Nga-chalao, one of the taxi-motorcyclists involved in the turf clash between rival taxi queues.

Police said the brawl was a turf war between “Udomsuk 1” and “Udomsuk Rungruang” taxi stands.

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-06-17

Warning: Graphic footage

This is ugly. Very ugly. Shocking that people like this are entrusted to work within the public.

The motorcycle taxi riders at my nearest MRT station seem like a friendly enough bunch. But one day, a clearly mentally ill homeless man did something to annoy them. They attacked him in a group and the mentally ill man managed to run away. One of the food vendors nearby gave one of the win riders his meat cleaver and the rider than gave chase. I remember watching it all unfold thinking 'these people have no self-control'. That mentally ill man could have been murdered that day. And for what? 

5 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Really, once again words fail me, just what the furk is wrong with these people animals, every day just seems to deliver yet another level of depravity. Disgusting pigs each and everyone of them.

You are not born in 3rd world country so you don t understand what happen

.police control only poor peoples.

Police protect only rich peoples

.you must protect your life your job your family alone same cowboy

.the law is only for the poor

.HIgh society have the money without working and have new form of slaves

.there is no state. Only a show that seems like a state

You will never understand if you born in a rich democratic country

52 minutes ago, webfact said:

The video of the incident, which took place on Saturday, shows a man lay on the floor while several others beat him with sticks and metal bars. Other men in the clip can be seen armed with hammers, while another appears to be holding a meat cleaver.

The beating only stops when what sounds like gunshots ring out in the distance.

As the video continues a large amount of blood can be seen coming from one man’s head.

These moronic and uneducated persons with the lack of possibility to feel compassion, driven out of nothing more than animalistic instincts has no barriers. They just grab whats closest to them and smash or stick it into another human beeings body and flesh without thinking one second about that the effect and the pain they inflicted might lead to death. In their sick and out of the order mind it just another worthless life, and it means nothing to them.

Hell, most of motorbike taxis, tuk tuk drives and regular taxi drivers seems to prepare themselfs for fighting, and hiding all kinds of weapons with them on a regular day at work.

As can be read out of this small copied text above. They have stick, metal bars, meat cleavers, hammers and on the picture you can even see a machete. 

This is the people that are supposed to safely be driving all from tuorists to regular citizens on an everyday basis. They are given the clear from TOT , police and other relevant authorities, and nobody take the unlicensed drivers of the streets. 

If the authorities can´t see or grasp this, I will be the one to tell. THIS is the behaviour, that are HURTING Thailands image the MOST!

25 minutes ago, Razek said:

You are not born in 3rd world country so you don t understand what happen

.police control only poor peoples.

Police protect only rich peoples

.you must protect your life your job your family alone same cowboy

.the law is only for the poor

.HIgh society have the money without working and have new form of slaves

.there is no state. Only a show that seems like a state

You will never understand if you born in a rich democratic country

Sorry, you are clearly trying to make a point - Which seems to be that the poor need to defend themselves as the law will not.  

But the content of the video is not a person defending themselves, but a group of (poor) people intent on murdering another defenseless (poor) person. To state people born in rich countries do not understand is very shortsighted and quote insulting. You lose face and credibility by stating we do not understand. 

Please consider the poor old Kerry driver here who took a bullet to the head in your reply. 

7 minutes ago, jonclark said:

Sorry, you are clearly trying to make a point - Which seems to be that the poor need to defend themselves as the law will not.  

But the content of the video is not a person defending themselves, but a group of (poor) people intent on murdering another defenseless (poor) person. To state people born in rich countries do not understand is very shortsighted and quote insulting. You lose face and credibility by stating we do not understand. 

Please consider the poor old Kerry driver here who took a bullet to the head in your reply. 

I don t meen the poor need to defense themselves. I mean this is the reality peoples are thinking they are defending themselves because there is no state same it is in democratic country.

The law defend you and when you call police they come in 5 minutes

Do you think it is the same in thailand or 3rd world???

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

This is ugly. Very ugly. Shocking that people like this are entrusted to work within the public.

The motorcycle taxi riders at my nearest MRT station seem like a friendly enough bunch. But one day, a clearly mentally ill homeless man did something to annoy them. They attacked him in a group and the mentally ill man managed to run away. One of the food vendors nearby gave one of the win riders his meat cleaver and the rider than gave chase. I remember watching it all unfold thinking 'these people have no self-control'. That mentally ill man could have been murdered that day. And for what? 

lawless society in every respect

this is what happens in a country were corruption rots everything from inside out, money never gets to were it is needed, result - anarchy 

38 minutes ago, Orton Rd said:

Apart from the murder charges any of them identified attacking and wielding poles and knifes should never be allowed to work as taxi drivers again.

From what i read somewhere else, neither of these two taxi ranks are legal anyway, so it looks like they can do what they want wherever they want!

I've never seen a street fight in Thailand where they use their fists.maybe they've got some sort of disability where they can't close their hands.all I can say is I'm glad I wasn't walking down that street.in a lot of civilised countries taxi drivers can't have criminal records but as usual TIT.

41 minutes ago, Razek said:

I don t meen the poor need to defense themselves. I mean this is the reality peoples are thinking they are defending themselves because there is no state same it is in democratic country.

The law defend you and when you call police they come in 5 minutes

Do you think it is the same in thailand or 3rd world???

But weren't the police already there? In the previous footage, the police are clearly visible on the street. 

But I do take your point, so the question you need to ask yourself, as an individual and as a country is - do we continue to tolerate this situation or do we change it? It is after all your country. I have been living here for over two decades, so I understand the not so subtle differences between the level of service and professionalism of my own police and Thailands.  

So you don't like it? Well, what are you going to do? 

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Really, once again words fail me, just what the furk is wrong with these people animals, every day just seems to deliver yet another level of depravity. Disgusting pigs each and everyone of them.

As an attorney of law representing innocent and abused animals I feel I must protest on behalf of my clients at the repeated inferences that bad human behavior is somehow representative of animal society.

Litigation will probably ensue if this practice continues.

If humans must compare their moronic behavior with something or someone can they not use words like :

Chavs

Hoodlums

Morons

spoilt children

Dickwads

Turdheads

PADites

Urban scumbags

Hooligans

etc etc.

Thanking you all in advance on behalf of all four legged beings.

5 minutes ago, Denim said:

As an attorney of law representing innocent and abused animals I feel I must protest on behalf of my clients at the repeated inferences that bad human behavior is somehow representative of animal society.

Litigation will probably ensue if this practice continues.

If humans must compare their moronic behavior with something or someone can they not use words like :

Chavs

Hoodlums

Morons

spoilt children

Dickwads

Turdheads

PADites

Urban scumbags

Hooligans

etc etc.

Thanking you all in advance on behalf of all four legged beings.

Four legs good, two legs bad.

The article states that there were 100 people involved. Not from what I can see, 2 taxi tanks plus a few others is 30 max.  Good to see many of them have their numbered jackets on. Easy to find and prosecute and City Hall should take away their jacket and ban them for life. 

If they want to kill each other go for it. Find a place where there are no people and just shot the crap out of each other. People would even pay to watch, give them swords and call them gladiators.

Then this would not happen.

One of the men killed has been identified as 20-year-old Weerawat Pheungkrut, a delivery driver, who happened to be in the area while the brawl was taking place.

Weerawat is survived by his mother and wife, who is four-months pregnant

Archived