Are there any meaningful developments on the July date for O-A medical insurance?

I am planning to be in the UK in the first week of July and I will also apply for an O-A - However the news flow seems to have slowed down on when the new requirement will be implemented - And since July is just 2 weeks away - Has there been any meaningful developments on the July date for the O-A medical insurance requirements date being implemented?

Edited by spambot

Are you planning to get a new O-A visa from London while in the UK or get another Extension before you travel, For another extension, no insurance necessary. For an O-A Visa, not yet stated as required.

1 minute ago, jacko45k said:

Are you planning to get a new O-A visa from London while in the UK or get another Extension before you travel, For another extension, no insurance necessary. For an O-A Visa, not yet stated as required.

I am planning to get a new o-A, even though I have an existing extension that has 5 months still to run. 

2 minutes ago, spambot said:

I am planning to get a new o-A, even though I have an existing extension that has 5 months still to run. 

As of today no requirement for Insurance. It was rumoured for July implementation. Are you aware that UK Visa applications have just changed to on-line?

Will you have a Re-Entry permit for the current extension?

Just now, jacko45k said:

As of today no requirement for Insurance. It was rumoured for July implementation. Are you aware that UK Visa applications have just changed to on-line?

Yup - I have enrolled for the online service and can see that as you move through the application process and there is no insurance mentioned. I will get a re-entry permit and use this for back up if for any reason O-A is not successful. Hopefully directing the IO on the way back into Thailand which option to use from the two available.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, spambot said:

I will get a re-entry permit and use this for back up if for any reason O-A is not successful. Hopefully directing the IO on the way back into Thailand which option to use from the two available.

I did this recently with no problem. You'd fill in the new visa number rather than the re-entry permit number on the TM6 (and of course check the IO has stamped you for 12 months when she hands back your passport). 

Be interested to hear your feedback on how it goes with the new e-visa system. 

• Like 1

What I find interesting in this OA requirement is that we still do not know IF overseas insurance will actually be accepted as well. Its not for the OX visa.

I do hope the officially accept overseas insurance, and then use the same methodology for the OX, it would make the OX a valid option (esp if the 3M could be shown from an overseas account as well or the 1 year seasoning rule dropped).

I am still planning a return to Europe but being domiciled in Thailand rather than Europe has its advantages (tax!).

21 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Are you saying that the O-A can be done on-line?  If so, that brings up two questions.   One how are the various proofs submitted and could that also mean that the process could be started on-line even before returning to the UK?

5 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

Are you saying that the O-A can be done on-line?  If so, that brings up two questions.   One how are the various proofs submitted and could that also mean that the process could be started on-line even before returning to the UK?

Well it only started on the 15th and I haven't really looked at it myself yet. Sorry cannot address your questions. There are some other threads discussing it already. First casualty seems to be the Non-Imm O Multiple as far as on-line goes. ( Still obtainable at some consulates nearer to Thailand though).

11 minutes ago, AAArdvark said:

You have to scan in the originals and attach them to your online application - Then send passport and originals (or certified copies) in the post and get back in post (Ten GBP extra) or book appointment with the online diary and appointments section face to face to submit passport.

You  will need to have your criminal record certificate - sent to you in Thailand, but is listed as a possible option when you apply online at https://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx 

• Thanks 1

It's interesting.
I checked the website of the Thai general consulate in Germany.

There is absolutely no change about the documents for Non O-A.

But for the legendary Non O-X (5 yr + 5 yr) there IS the requirement for the health insurance (40k/400k). I don't want to derange the thread by going into details.

This is consistent with what I read in some post/articles.

The whole health insurance idea was started for this Non O-X.

• Like 1

I heard no updates for the announced O-A visa health insurance.

Like others said it's planned for July implementation so maybe we will hear something about it shortly.

So far i know they are still struggling on how they can check the foreign health insurance for correctness.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, merijn said:

I heard no updates for the announced O-A visa health insurance.

Like others said it's planned for July implementation so maybe we will hear something about it shortly.

So far i know they are still struggling on how they can check the foreign health insurance for correctness.

Possibly the radio silence is a good thing - or just a bigger surprise when it occurs.