Fresh Report Of Extension In Jomtien

I hope for you that the Captain who signs these off doesnt notice the seasoning period. He has a history of denying applications. In April I tried to renew my extension 45 days early. My application was accepted by the desk in the morning only to be telephoned in the afternoon by the same guy who accepted my application, saying " Mr my captain say you come too early. Come back after Songkran" I had to go back the next day to get my passport back. It had the extension in there but with a big red cancelled across it. I renewed ok aftet Songkran but I hate having the cancelled stamp in my passport.

9 hours ago, quandow said:

BTW, money was only seasoned 2 months and 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, jimn said:

I hope for you that the Captain who signs these off doesnt notice the seasoning period.

What's wrong with 2 months seasoning?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

No need for proof of residence? House book, rental contract etc?

What's not clear in the OP about "one each copy of passport, TM30, rental contract?"

• Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Anyone have a report on doing a visa extension in Jomtien recently?

There is no such thing as a visa extension. You can only apply for an extension of your permission to stay, which is what the OP has kindly reported as the first message in this thread.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, elgenon said:

Yes, you are correct. I am using the common and easy-to-say terminology and I believe I am understood which is the purpose of language. Your attention to detail is to be appreciated.

Yes, visa extension is the most commonly used terminology on here, definitely. I'd recommend using the ignore button for certain posters on this forum, it makes visiting a lot more pleasant.

• Like 2

And here is the happy finish. They appear to be VERY insistent on you bringing your bank book back 90 days. A big sign with instructions where you retrieve your passport.

The adventure continues . . .

visa small.jpg

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

That's not the same issue.

I know its not the same issue Jing. I was just pointing out that just because an application passes the initial stage, it doesnt mean it will automatically be signed off by the captain. He scrutinises all applications. That was my point.

1 hour ago, quandow said:

And here is the happy finish. They appear to be VERY insistent on you bringing your bank book back 90 days. A big sign with instructions where you retrieve your passport.

visa small.jpg

Picture of the sign? Is there a gray period?

1 hour ago, quandow said:

visa small.jpg

I wonder why Immigration puts your new stamp on your passports 'Visa' page?    Don't they have an 'Extension of Stay' page??!!    5555

24 minutes ago, Jack Mountain said:

Picture of the sign? Is there a gray period?

I wasn't comfortable taking pictures inside immigration. Here is a pic of the instructions they were handing out, and the sign was essentially the same:

little instructions.jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, elgenon said:

Yes, you are correct. I am using the common and easy-to-say terminology and I believe I am understood which is the purpose of language. Your attention to detail is to be appreciated.

7 hours ago, jesimps said:

Yes, visa extension is the most commonly used terminology on here, definitely. I'd recommend using the ignore button for certain posters on this forum, it makes visiting a lot more pleasant.

Indeed, there can be absolutely no doubt, of course, that visa extensions only mean quarterly trips to Vientiane, Savannakhet, Penang, Ho Chi Min City, etc for fresh real genuine McCoy non-O visas of the single-entry variety (or multi-entry at Savannakhet for marriage every 15 months or so). Or trips back to your home country every couple of years for a fresh real genuine McCoy non-OA visa.

Edited by OJAS

4 hours ago, quandow said:

I wasn't comfortable taking pictures inside immigration. Here is a pic of the instructions they were handing out, and the sign was essentially the same:

little instructions.jpg

What do they mean by “Last Visa”?...

59 minutes ago, onera1961 said:
1 hour ago, onera1961 said:

Can somebody confirm that there is no 90-day money check for agent submitted application

Yes I used a agent i May and dont need too show bankbook at 90-day report

7 hours ago, OJAS said:

But better to be safe than sorry by copying your original or latest non-O or non-OA visa, I think!

Your last is your latest--the one expiring in 2019.  I copied all of my extensions to be on the safe side when I did my extension this week and they didn't hand back any of the copies.

6 hours ago, lelle said:

Yes I used a agent i May and dont need too show bankbook at 90-day report

That pretty much confirms that they want to drive expats toward agents. Say one thing and do another. The Thai way.