Illegal bridge across S. Pattaya canal ordered demolished

Rimmer

image.png

After last year claiming victory in its years-long battle against illegal encroachment on the South Pattaya Canal, Pattaya officials said another private property owner has built an illegal bridge across the flood-control waterway.

Deputy Mayor Pattaya Boonsawad said the steel bridge linking two parcels of land was built without permission and the construction happening on one side of the waterway also is illegal. City hall issued a stop-work order and the encroachments demolished.

Pattana said he also signed demolition orders for an eight-story hotel build illegally, an encroachment across Naklua’s Plukplub Canal and shoreline buildings behind Chonglom Temple.

-- PATTAYA MAIL 2019-06-17--

19 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

It's hardly surprising. Only a couple of years ago didn't Pattaya city officials declare that bridge was illegal? In fact they jailed some pensioners playing bridge, attracting quite a lot of criticism at the time.

32 minutes ago, Rimmer said:

Deputy Mayor Pattaya Boonsawad said the steel bridge linking two parcels of land was built without permission and the construction happening on one side of the waterway also is illegal.

I can't get over that .. 

13 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Not so hot on Scrabble either - there's no 'C' in 'English'

(sorry!)

Well blow me .. I was just about to type out Onomatopoetic , an' the auto serve on the keyboard threw it up after just the O and N .. how spooky is that .. now I just gotta practice pronouncing it .. 

8 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

Well blow me .. I was just about to type out Onomatopoetic , an' the auto serve on the keyboard threw it up after just the O and N .. how spooky is that .. now I just get practice pronouncing it .. 

Don't say I'm not all heart - ha ha!: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onomatopoeia 

I did think it was spelt 'oeno'...something, but apparently not.

On 6/17/2019 at 10:11 AM, Justgrazing said:

Well blow me .. I was just about to type out Onomatopoetic , an' the auto serve on the keyboard threw it up after just the O and N .. how spooky is that .. now I just gotta practice pronouncing it .. 

It's because big brother is watching you and knows what your thinking before you do..roll out 5G and they've got full control.

On 6/17/2019 at 3:27 PM, bluesofa said:

It's hardly surprising. Only a couple of years ago didn't Pattaya city officials declare that bridge was illegal? In fact they jailed some pensioners playing bridge, attracting quite a lot of criticism at the time.

dont think they got jailed.....think it was a 5k fine....but to this day NO ONE actually know what happened...there was NO follow up story.....like many things on here....

10 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

When I saw the headline I assumed they'd rounded up another horde of geriatric bridge-playing villains. 

they were not rouded up, as they were caught in a room playing bridge......rounded up is like rounding up sheep/cattle etc !!

1 hour ago, essox essox said:
On 6/17/2019 at 3:27 PM, bluesofa said:

dont think they got jailed.....think it was a 5k fine....but to this day NO ONE actually know what happened...there was NO follow up story.....like many things on here....

True, not jailed as in sentenced, but I seem to remember Barry Kenyon and I think an eighty-year-old Dutch lady were 'detained' by the police. I couldn't swear if it was at the police station, but I sure someone will be willing to clarify the facts.

20 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I couldn't swear if it was at the police station, but I sure someone will be willing to clarify the facts.

Yes they were held at the police station, for quite a while I believe.

You are testing my memory but the Dutch lady may well have been held as she refused to sign some confession.

3 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Can you round up my fifty-eight sheep?

OK, sixty.

From the Old Farmers Almanac, a reliable method is to count all the legs and divide by four. I enjoy a modified version of this when peering out at knee level in the dancing bars... very good for mental acuity, and a whole lot safer than bridge. 

8 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

From the Old Farmers Almanac, a reliable method is to count all the legs and divide by four. I enjoy a modified version of this when peering out at knee level in the dancing bars... very good for mental acuity, and a whole lot safer than bridge. 

Assuming there are no amputees to confuse the counting - sheep or dancers.

It's safer than bridge as no one will fall off it into the water.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Assuming there are no amputees to confuse the counting - sheep or dancers.

Yes, always round up when you finish on an odd number. I've yet to see a three legged dancer or a five legged sheep.

8 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

It's safer than bridge as no one will fall off it into the water.

Also from the Almanac, the biggest risk be the sheepdip, and the jacuzzi. 

2 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Yes, always round up when you finish on an odd number. I've yet to see a three legged dancer or a five legged sheep.

Also from the Almanac, the biggest risk be the sheepdip, and the jacuzzi. 

When running the GoGo Bar, there was a guy looking for an amputee as that was his fetish. He didn't care if she had an arm or a leg missing, as long as she was an amputee.

I don't know if he ever found one somewhere, but afterwards it occurred to me that if he did, and had her from behind, could he have claimed to have had her on all threes?

57 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

When running the GoGo Bar, there was a guy looking for an amputee as that was his fetish. He didn't care if she had an arm or a leg missing, as long as she was an amputee.

I don't know if he ever found one somewhere, but afterwards it occurred to me that if he did, and had her from behind, could he have claimed to have had her on all threes?

No doubt he had to stump up the money to procure such a rarity.

Once he did find her, the mathematical principle that a three legged stool is more stable than a four legged one would ensure they had very safe sex. 

Archived