600kg of marijuana seized in Korat

snoop1130

By The Nation

553154b06e48bba6c300542b2f8228b9.jpeg

A shipment of 600 kilograms of marijuana being transported to the South was intercepted in Nakhon Ratchasima, police said on Monday.

Pol General Chalermkiart Srivorakhan, the deputy national police chief, and Narcotics Suppression Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-General Chinnaphat Sarasin held a press conference at the bureau to announce the arrest of two suspects.

Chinnaphat said the suspects had been identified as Songkiart Wongsrikaew, 35, and Thirasak Chamnarn, 37.

His bureau had received a tip-off that a large shipment of marijuana would initially be smuggled to Udon Thani’s Phen district, with a view to being smuggled further south to Nakhon Si Thammarat, he explained.

Police at a road checkpoint on the inbound Mittraparp Road in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Sikhio district spotted a sedan car and a six-wheeled truck, which they suspected as carrying the marijuana shipment.

Chinnaphat said police at the checkpoint had the truck x-rayed and the drugs were spotted in a hidden chamber on one side of the vehicle.

The two suspects in the truck were then arrested.

However, the suspects in the car managed to flee, he added.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/around_thailand/30371234

thenation_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation 2019-06-17

•  

By The Nation

553154b06e48bba6c300542b2f8228b9.jpeg

A shipment of 600 kilograms of marijuana being transported to the South was intercepted in Nakhon Ratchasima, police said on Monday.

Pol General Chalermkiart Srivorakhan, the deputy national police chief, and Narcotics Suppression Bureau commissioner Pol Lt-General Chinnaphat Sarasin held a press conference at the bureau to announce the arrest of two suspects.

The two suspects in the truck were then arrested.

However, the suspects in the car managed to flee, he added.

AGAIN,,!!! how can this possible happen, obviously false news..!!!

4 hours ago, thrilled said:

I didn’t know Udon was such a partying town.There are plenty of farangs there.

I didn’t know they did a lot of pot.I might drop by.

Go to Buriram.   At the 3 day 420 event last month there was a reported 10,000 people (I believe that was per day).   

Archived